Flagstick In or Out

No preference. I just go with whatever makes my playing partners more mentally happy, because it is all mental after all.

I’ve grown accustomed to putting with the flagstick in but have no issues with it out.

I leave it in most of the time, but have been bitten by the bad luck of having a good putt kicked out by the flag.

I use the Zing variant...IN.

In most casual rounds. Out when it’s competition

I've gotten pretty used to having it out. But, out is okay, too, if someone else is pulling it.

In. I don’t really care. I usually leave it in out of laziness. If the people I’m playing with care it doesn’t bug me either way.

I usually don't care either way. If the wind is blowing heavily against my line, then I might want it out.

Either or honestly, leaving in is quicker so that’s what I prefer.

Inside 20 feet or so, out, unless severely down hill. Out if the wind is flapping the flag. HATE THAT. Otherwise in or out depending on what the rest of the group wants.

Pick ball up after hitting green?

Out. It hasn’t happened often, but still enough to get in my head, when a ball that would’ve dropped yet caromed off the stick instead. Doesn’t help that our club uses the thicker, more rigid flagsticks. But when I play an infrequent solo round, I leave it in.

I can't fathom that people think that it saves time leaving in. The first one done putting picks up the flag and is ready to put it back in after the last person putts out. It is not hard. Solo it might save time but if you need to save time as a solo golfer then you are way too slow anyway.

I can't fathom that people think that it saves time leaving in. The first one done putting picks up the flag and is ready to put it back in after the last person putts out. It is not hard. Solo it might save time but if you need to save time as a solo golfer then you are way too slow anyway.
Can I just fall back on laziness then? :ROFLMAO:

Play with it in unless the others in the group want it out. I have had a few rejected by it but don't know if they would have went in or not with it not being in as they had some movement. The only caveat is I have had some flags really leaning on some courses due to wind or just a crappy flag and have pulled it then as you could tell it would affect the ball going in the hole.

Out. It hasn’t happened often, but still enough to get in my head, when a ball that would’ve dropped yet caromed off the stick instead. Doesn’t help that our club uses the thicker, more rigid flagsticks. But when I play an infrequent solo round, I leave it in.
In our casual rounds, we still play "'Rona Rules". We play with the flagstick in, if the ball bounces off and everybody in the group agrees that it would have dropped without the flagstick in, it's good. That doesn't apply when it hits the flagstick so hard that it deflects 6 feet away after impact. :LOL:

I like it in on longer or downhill putts and out on shorter ones

But more often than not, I will roll with whatever the majority prefers. No life or death preference for me

In because I'm lazy.

I’ve been back & forth with it. I’m good either way. If my playing partners want it one way or the other - I’m ok with their choosing.

Out if it's up to me. Most rounds, I tend to let the rest of the group decide. Whatever they prefer, I'm good with.

In our casual rounds, we still play "'Rona Rules". We play with the flagstick in, if the ball bounces off and everybody in the group agrees that it would have dropped without the flagstick in, it's good. That doesn't apply when it hits the flagstick so hard that it deflects 6 feet away after impact. :LOL:
Ha, our guys are just too hardcore with a whole dollar on the line. 😉

During Covid, though, when we played with the shallow, inverted cups, I was surprised that they allowed for group concessions on obvious makes that missed.

But they were always heavily self-medicated back then. 😉

Back