Flagstick In or Out

skigolfmike

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Flagstick in or out the stats say out. I believe it. I’ve had too many putts bounce off the flagstick and stay out that would have dropped if it was out. I say pull the stick out!

I aim better with it out I think, but when I play solo, which is what a fair number of my rounds are, I leave it in.

Out

In, but if serious out. I have had perfect putts rejected by flagstick.

I don’t care.

But it’s been in all round. Don’t pull it as I’m setting up for a personal best tying putt on 18.

Out or have someone tend it.

Flagstick in or out the stats say out. I believe it. I’ve had too many putts bounce off the flagstick and stay out that would have dropped if it was out. I say pull the stick out!
To me, I would day the stats are inconclusive. I have seen studies that have said both, so don't know which to put my faith in.
This is the most recent I have watched.

With that said. I don't care. Whatever everyone else wants. If I am alone, I leave it in out of convenience.

I leave it in, for faster play.

Pulling pin shouldn’t add any time - closest to pin pulls the flag, first to make the putt picks up and puts the flag back in when all hole out.

I prefer it out, just a visual/mental thing for me when lining up the putt.

With that said. I don't care. Whatever everyone else wants. If I am alone, I leave it in out of convenience.
If I am playing alone, in because lazy, I don’t care and it doesn’t count for handicap anyway. If I am playing for something, then out for anything inside 10’

I don’t care what we do in a group, but playing by myself I never pull it.

On long putts I don't worry about it too much. Inside of about 20 feet I like to have the flag out.

Prefer it in. Gives me another aim point.

I don't pull it. It cost me maybe 2 putts in 2023. Howeve rammed the stick a few times that may have bounced without help.

no real preference but I just leave it in. Especially If I’m solo I prefer not to deal with it and leave it in.
In a group, If anyone wants it pulled, they get their wish over everyone else.

Out! The way golf was intended.

In but that's out of pure laziness and a little faster play
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

I play whatever my group prefers. That said my personal data says in is better.

Always out

I will play with it in but I much prefer it out

In. I’ve had one borderline shot bounce out and that was a chip. The effects aren’t as big as the experiments say they should be when I’m putting.

out

Back