Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Cookie I went by GG last night one of the workers ordered up the Drone Belly says it won't be delivered till February. I ponder the thought.

That's weird. I did have someone tell me that they were on back order until mid December but I have personally seen them and rolled them at the PGA SS. Hard for me to say its a must have yet but I hope to make that determination over the next 3 months. It will be a challenge as I was already putting pretty decently with the SeeMore.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I need to run into town today and pick up some mid size grips. I would order them however we are heading to Hard Labor Creek State Park Friday, to play a round of golf with Setho and Dawgdaddy. I need them on asap.

Finally sold a heap of stuff and as soon as the $$$ arrives from Paypal, I'm finishing out my bag. I've pretty much decided on the following:

52*/8 bounce Titleist Vokey SM4 w/ KBS Tour shaft
58*/6 bounce Titleist Vokey SM4 w/ KBS Hi-Rev shaft
Taylormade TM-110 Ghost putter

Now the hard part is the 3wood. I have hit a lot that I am fond of, but just can't decide what feels the best. Debating between Adams F11, Titleist 910F and Taylormade SF2.0 as a distant 3rd option.

I think I am moving past pondering ( to wanting I think is the next step) about the Mashie FW. Damn you Cleveland for making me wait!!! :angry:

Go with the titleist, itll make your bag all titleist and youll look pretty cool.

I now have a headache from rolling my eyes super hard at this post. (Putter's gonna be Taylormade).

I'm probably gonna wind up with the F11, actually. It hits great and will make my wallet happier.

I know you said your putter will be taylormade, but putters dont always match. The headcovers will all look cool sitting beside each other.

I now have a headache from rolling my eyes super hard at this post. (Putter's gonna be Taylormade).

I'm probably gonna wind up with the F11, actually. It hits great and will make my wallet happier.

I just sent an email to Slighter Golf about doing a little work to my putter. Almost every putter that I have rolled with deep milling I have loved and now I want deep milling on my current putter. Hopefully the cost won't be so bad that I can't do it.

I just sent an email to Slighter Golf about doing a little work to my putter. Almost every putter that I have rolled with deep milling I have loved and now I want deep milling on my current putter. Hopefully the cost won't be so bad that I can't do it.

I love the look and feel of the deep milled. I have heard Slighter does outstanding work.

The new vokeys have moved right out of my pondering. They have a pitiful amount of lefty options.

I love the look and feel of the deep milled. I have heard Slighter does outstanding work.

Me too CL! I have been wanting a deep milled face for a while now. My Kia Ma Tour has a deep milled face, but that is a 35 inch putter and it just looks so good sitting in my living room. I don't want to cut it down.

R11 irons or CG Black irons...this is going to be tough.

R11 irons or CG Black irons...this is going to be tough.
If you get the opportunity hit the Black irons. I hit them with the Miya shafts in them and was blown away at how well I hit them.

If you get the opportunity hit the Black irons. I hit them with the Miya shafts in them and was blown away at how well I hit them.

I am a huge fan of graphite shafts in irons. I know that the Blacks with be higher quality than any other shafts it is just the high price I would have trouble with. I was going to get the Aldila NV-85s in my Irons but it was 40$ more per club. The Blacks come out on the 25th right?

Tom does awesome work for sure. One dang good guy to deal with as well in my experience too.

podering the D2 driver, gonna run out tomorrow and see if I an find a nice used one to try out

So today I went to PGA SS to hit the R11 irons...hit a 6 iron with kbs 90 and graphite and was hitting it 180 yards.

Went to the course today with my irons and couldnt even get a 5 iron to the green from 160 out. I think that pretty much made up my mind for me. Would you guys say pull the trigger on the R11s or wait and try the CG Blacks when they get them in stiff flex graphite? My main problem is that the Blacks are $250 more ($760) :/

So today I went to PGA SS to hit the R11 irons...hit a 6 iron with kbs 90 and graphite and was hitting it 180 yards.

Went to the course today with my irons and couldnt even get a 5 iron to the green from 160 out. I think that pretty much made up my mind for me. Would you guys say pull the trigger on the R11s or wait and try the CG Blacks when they get them in stiff flex graphite? My main problem is that the Blacks are $250 more ($760) :/

I say hit the R11's somewhere you can get numbers your sure are real! My 6i is my 185 club but when I hit the 7i of the same set at Roger Dunn I was getting a mind boggling 190 yards of carry!!! That's almost Bubba long! :wink: Now I know that isn't right, but I bet it sells clubs!

Buying a hybrid for my dad for Christmas and actually a whole new set with my dad for my step mom. I like buying equipment and gear even if it's not for me.

Buying a hybrid for my dad for Christmas and actually a whole new set with my dad for my step mom. I like buying equipment and gear even if it's not for me.

Mashie?

Mashie or Adams Super Hybrid as it is on sale for $89 right now at rockbottomgolf.com

honestly, that is probably where I'm going for him. I think it will fit his swing perfectly.

I think that is a good idea. The Mashie is one of the easiest hybrids to hit and fights going right. Great choice. I think its much easier to hit then the Adams, IMO.

I think that is a good idea. The Mashie is one of the easiest hybrids to hit and fights going right. Great choice. I think its much easier to hit then the Adams, IMO.

Excellent point and thanks for the advice. He needs forgiveness, and he fights a slice. Plus I can get him two if they still have the bogo sale going!

Excellent point and thanks for the advice. He needs forgiveness, and he fights a slice. Plus I can get him two if they still have the bogo sale going!

If the Mashies do anything, they help a slicer. I fight a draw/hook, so I couldn't get the darn things to stop hooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back