Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind are you looking at? Do you have any in mind Thainer?

Iron shafts.

I need +1.5" and +2 wraps on my current set.

you need iron shaft 1.5'' longer than standard? Did you grow?

Lostgolfballs.com has a great deal on recycled Z-Star X balls. I need to fill my shag bag, so Grade C will work since it's just for practicing. They're $7 a dozen right now.

What kind are you looking at? Do you have any in mind Thainer?

Probably px 7s or dg x100s. Once they're extended than they should play to normal for me.

you need iron shaft 1.5'' longer than standard? Did you grow?

I did not grow. Once I bend my heads flat, they'll play normal once I back up off the ball. I need to ease up some tension on my back.

I'm wondering why Srixon only has one 4 piece ball (that I know of). I tried a Z-Star XV today and it disn't produce as much spin as I would like. So I'm pondering which golf ball would be best for me. I like the B330-S, but there's a lot similar to it that I haven't tried but that may be better for my game. Hmmmmm.

I'm pondering my bag set up. I rarely use my 3 hybrid and it is really just an open spot in my bag, so I'm thinking maybe a 5 wood but I was also thinking that I could go Driver, 3 wood cut down to 5 wood length so it would play like a 4 wood, 4 hybrid, 5-AW iron set, 52,56,60 and putter.

I kind of like the last set up, I would have the 50* AW from the iron set which I love for full shots, and then I would have 3 blade style wedges with different bounces for all my shots around the green, and sand.

That's pretty interesting to think about CB. I don't use my 3 hybrid much either. I was thinking of just getting a 3 iron for stingers off the tee Tigger style. But 4 wedges would be interesting.

I expect to enter into a whole new world of ponder tomorrow. I'm going in for a driver fitting at Golftec. I have no idea what he is going to tell me. My wallet is hoping he will tell me my driver is absolutely perfect for me. I was planning on waiting a while longer, a little more time to work my swing out and wait for some of the new drivers to come out. But I can't pass up a free fitting. I don't have to buy anything if nothing wows me.

I have also been considering pulling my 3 hybrid, but I am thinking about replacing it with a 3 iron. I have been hitting my long irons so well lately. I hit the V3 well but inconsistent. Sometimes it goes 210, sometimes 235. It can go right or left. I usually pretty much know what my irons are going to do, barring a mishit.

I have got a bad case of the ponders, I need a new driver, I need new wedges....its almost Christmas...do I wait and see what Santa brings or do I treat myself???

Then which driver?? Which wedges?? pondering is hard work....how the hell do you sleep OEM??

I have got a bad case of the ponders, I need a new driver, I need new wedges....its almost Christmas...do I wait and see what Santa brings or do I treat myself???

Then which driver?? Which wedges?? pondering is hard work....how the hell do you sleep OEM??

Cleveland black and custom 588's of course :)

You're coming to demo day right?

I'm pondering my bag set up. I rarely use my 3 hybrid and it is really just an open spot in my bag, so I'm thinking maybe a 5 wood but I was also thinking that I could go Driver, 3 wood cut down to 5 wood length so it would play like a 4 wood, 4 hybrid, 5-AW iron set, 52,56,60 and putter.

I kind of like the last set up, I would have the 50* AW from the iron set which I love for full shots, and then I would have 3 blade style wedges with different bounces for all my shots around the green, and sand.

I've played something similar to the last one before and I liked it quite a bit. I don't think you even need to cut down your 3w unless you really want to. I could easily play with 13 clubs it seems and I always have one or two slots I'm swapping out.

I have other people OEM for me :alien:

Pondering a Burner 2.0 3 iron bent to a 2...

Pondering the Miyazaki Kusala White, Model 61, 59grams, High Trajectory Launch, Regular Flex, International Flex Code 2520.

:twist:

I'm all excited about finding a place where I can test it. I'd also like to test the Stiff in that shaft, flex code 4631.

As long as I'm at it, I'd like to try the Silver in Reg and Stiff also ................ :joy:

Trying to get your driver flight up a bit, Mikey?

Hehe, wrong thread. Ponder given in to already...LOL

So it appears a few friends are exasperated by the amount of golf equipment I test out then move along and I was issued an interesting challange. Assuming I can sell everything extra what they want is for me to build a bag all entirely from Callaway preowned and play it for the entire year. Nothing but grip changes or warranty repairs. An intriguing challanging nes pas?

I actually put together a damn sweet bag for $1200 for everything but a ball. And when I say sweet I mean razr forged irons, custom shafts in near everything. It's amazing just how much awesome quality stuff Callaway puts out there.

So it appears a few friends are exasperated by the amount of golf equipment I test out then move along and I was issued an interesting challange. Assuming I can sell everything extra what they want is for me to build a bag all entirely from Callaway preowned and play it for the entire year. Nothing but grip changes or warranty repairs. An intriguing challanging nes pas?

I actually put together a damn sweet bag for $1200 for everything but a ball. And when I say sweet I mean razr forged irons, custom shafts in near everything. It's amazing just how much awesome quality stuff Callaway puts out there.

Seems like a strange challenge. Why Callaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back