Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got an offer in to sell our old house (two mortgages suck, btw) - if that goes through as planned in December then my radar will be full of everything because I will celebrate by replacing darn near everything in my bag except my putter, which is only a few months old and I love it. But everything else will be fair game:

Driver: Srixon, Titleist, Taylor Made on my short list
3 wood: No idea, wide open
Hybrid: liking the Adams Black
Irons: Srixon, Cleveland, Nike, Titleist, Adams on the short list
Wedges: Always been fond of Cleveland wedges, probably stick with those

Id hold off on the Admas until you can hit the Cleveland Mishie. Its MUCH better and has a great shaft in it.

The head guy at the golf headquarters here in town has a lead with a guy wanting to trade in some Adams A4s 4-PW with x100s. I've been dreaming of these clubs since the 2009 demo days when I spent time hitting them on the range. Now to try and convince myself I need to spend the money...2nd thought convince the WIFE lol.

Id hold off on the Admas until you can hit the Cleveland Mishie. Its MUCH better and has a great shaft in it.

I'lll add it to my list to hit. I like that the Adams is not overly large and seems more neutral. I don't need a club weighted to help me hit a draw. But I'm certainly open to other brands, I just like the look of the Adams Black hybrids just on the rack. :)

I'lll add it to my list to hit. I like that the Adams is not overly large and seems more neutral. I don't need a club weighted to help me hit a draw. But I'm certainly open to other brands, I just like the look of the Adams Black hybrids just on the rack. :)

ha I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way about that Adams driver, the one with the RIP shaft. But having had the Adams in the bag and having hit the Mashie, Id take the Mashie any day and will have the Mashie in the bag. Its awesome.

New driver: no clue what I want. It just needs to be straight & long that comes 9.5 and lefty... LOL

Wedges: Looking to get another set of Miuras. Possible Vokey TVD's or Ping S-wedges with Tour Grind. I prefer wedges with little bounce.

3 wd: One that I can't top... It might be a never ending search. Of course it's the club not me!! :D

Putter: SS Flamed T.P. Mills Nellie/Ming. It will be the hardest club to "buy" of the bunch. There are no lefties made yet of Ming or Nellie so I have to beg Jay & David to try to get one made.

New driver: no clue what I want. It just needs to be straight & long that comes 9.5 and lefty... LOL

the titleist 910 comes in 9.5 bro and i want to hit one in a bad way. the D3 looks sweet, and i'd love to hit it with the whiteboard shaft in it.

Wedges: Looking to get another set of Miuras. Possible Vokey TVD's or Ping S-wedges with Tour Grind. I prefer wedges with little bounce.

i'd recommend the mpt 11's....especially if you like little bounce, and they come with the DG spinners

3 wd: One that I can't top... It might be a never ending search. Of course it's the club not me!! :D

if i'm a golf club ho, it was with the 3wood, i've had and tested plenty. love the superfast! but was pleasantly surprised with the ft-iz

Putter: SS Flamed T.P. Mills Nellie/Ming. It will be the hardest club to "buy" of the bunch. There are no lefties made yet of Ming or Nellie so I have to beg Jay & David to try to get one made.

Good luck with that!

I'm looking around for a 2 hybrid, my Taylormade Burner Rescue seems to be a little hard for me to hit off the tee consistently, maybe looking towards Adams, but hearing good things about the Mashie has me thinking about that one too.

I'm looking around for a 2 hybrid, my Taylormade Burner Rescue seems to be a little hard for me to hit off the tee consistently, maybe looking towards Adams, but hearing good things about the Mashie has me thinking about that one too.

Check out the Mashie thread we have here. TONS of great info. They will of course be out at the THP demo day again as well.

Also super interested in the CG7 BP and X-22. How does the finish hold up on the BP?

I've had my eye on the Ping S56 irons. I hit them on the simulator several times, and they're solid and easy to hit! Each iron launched nicely with just a baby draw. But then again I hit everything better there. I'm waiting until spring until I can hit them off of grass at the range and hopefully play a demo set somewhere...

Never been a fan of hybrids till I hit a Mashie, this club is absolute butter.

I´m thinking either wedges or a Niblick....The new Mizzies with spinner shafts looks nice.....

believe my quest is for a TM R7 425 TP head or club on the cheap.either 10.5 or 9.5

A seemore blade or mid-midmallet.

I'm lefthanded, is there anyway to test one out in a store? All of the stores I go to have no more than 5 left handed putters.

Imo the best iron Ive hit in awhile. Perfect for my game. The feel is great and the forgiveness is fantastic. Try them out for sure.
Almost any iron, but the Machspeeds have caught my eye... I know JB loved em, anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really well!! Dude hit me up via pm and we can chat. I traded my CG7's for the Machspeeds.
Also super interested in the CG7 BP and X-22. How does the finish hold up on the BP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to decide on either a new shaft for my driver, or just a new driver all together. Can a shaft change make it feel like a whole new driver?

Trying to decide on either a new shaft for my driver, or just a new driver all together. Can a shaft change make it feel like a whole new driver?

My opinion. Yes I think so. Have come to learn that the shaft is more important than the driver head its self. Driver doesnt do any good unless the shaft fits you and your swing.

Ok if I found a shaft that worked, can it be changed to a new head or is it usually a one time install?

Ok if I found a shaft that worked, can it be changed to a new head or is it usually a one time install?

Im not sure on that. I have an R9 so i just switch shafts out easy. Im sure someone with more knowledge than me can answer that. Just make sure it works with that driver head before you buy the shaft.

ABSOULTELY! Check out our radio interview on the home page with Tim Gillis from Miyazaki shafts. He has two on there. Both talk about this very thing and what to look for in your fitting.

Ok thanks man! I'm just do not know enough on this subject and am trying to avoid another mistake like I made buying the driver I have now. lol.

Ok thanks man! I'm just do not know enough on this subject and am trying to avoid another mistake like I made buying the driver I have now. lol.
Imagine a Chevy Super Sport with a 350 or a 455. Same car, but... :)

I'm going to be purchasing a GPS system in the off season, however there are so many choices! I'm leaning toward the uPro, but what the heck do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back