Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colt, you just need to get an Iphone 5, you and Droid just don't get along.

My mom is wanting an Iphone 5, but refuses to give up unlimited data. She is trying to decide if she wants to go ahead and shell out the 800 for the Iphone with no contract (so she keeps her same plan) or give a Galaxy S3 a try for cheaper. Any idea where to get a used S3 for a good price for her to try? They are still quite spendy on Ebay.

She going over 2GB? That is a ton of data usage.

She going over 2GB? That is a ton of data usage.

My mom uses her phone for work, a ton. I am sure 2G's would be enough most of the time, but she doesn't want to risk it.

My mom uses her phone for work, a ton. I am sure 2G's would be enough most of the time, but she doesn't want to risk it.

I was looking at Verizon's plans today, and they are actually quite reasonable.. 10 bucks each time you go up 2GB.

She won't even come close to it. Tell her to look at a few months of bills and see what her highest is. We said goodbye to unlimited and the bill was cut in half. Not even 75% of the way towards our data cap.

I was looking at Verizon's plans today, and they are actually quite reasonable.. 10 bucks each time you go up 2GB.

She is just afraid that once she gives up the grandfathered plan, the rates for data will go up and she can't go back.

The other issue is we are all piggybacking off her contract I guess. She was told if she goes away from unlimited on her line, we all lose unlimited. It would cost us more to share 10G's for 5 phones than it does now for us all to have unlimited.

I use a ton of data myself, I probably listen to spotify 50 hours a month, I gotta imagine that is a few GB's of data.

I personally would never shell out 800 bucks for a phone. But she is still rolling with the Iphone 4 and its time for a new one for her, and she really doesn't want to get rid of unlimited.

She won't even come close to it. Tell her to look at a few months of bills and see what her highest is. We said goodbye to unlimited and the bill was cut in half. Not even 75% of the way towards our data cap.

You really haven't seen her phone usage. Although I did point out to her that she could reign it in alot of she would use wifi more often, that would probably be her saving grace.

Colt, you just need to get an Iphone 5, you and Droid just don't get along.

My mom is wanting an Iphone 5, but refuses to give up unlimited data. She is trying to decide if she wants to go ahead and shell out the 800 for the Iphone with no contract (so she keeps her same plan) or give a Galaxy S3 a try for cheaper. Any idea where to get a used S3 for a good price for her to try? They are still quite spendy on Ebay.

Must be from downloading too many "adult films"... :D J/K of course... Kinda. No, but seriously.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

Must be from downloading too many "adult films"... :D J/K of course... Kinda. No, but seriously.

I was talking about my Droid problems. Not your mom's data... Hope that was understood.

I was talking about my Droid problems. Not your mom's data... Hope that was understood.

Haha, appreciate the clarification, I was like damn man.

got my 55 inch tv. Its pretty awesome!

You really haven't seen her phone usage. Although I did point out to her that she could reign it in alot of she would use wifi more often, that would probably be her saving grace.

We barely sniff 6gb of our 8gb

Love me a new TV. Was football epic on it over the weekend?
yeah dude! It was awesome. I was glued. I went on thta website you sent me to adjust color but couldnt find it.

yeah dude! It was awesome. I was glued. I went on thta website you sent me to adjust color but couldnt find it.

It was like a whole new world? I love getting a new TV. No wonder Kmac does it every 6 months.

Do people really need a bigger screen on a phone? Before we know it they will be attaching Kindle Fires to their hips for a phone.

Americans are 'hefty' and all those hefty fingers need space on the screen to type. I still dig the size/weight of the original Droid Incredible

Americans are 'hefty' and all those hefty fingers need space on the screen to type. I still dig the size/weight of the original Droid Incredible

I guess it is like the SUV market. The bigger the better.

HAHAHA ... awesome.

HAHAHA ... awesome.

Haha, the iPhone 5, our 6th phone.

The panoramic feature on the iphone is unlike any free app you could have downloaded three years ago.

Any of you boys play Madden on PS3? If so, I'd love to destroy you online sometime.

That's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back