I punched in EDM on Apple Music, and listened to a sample playlist - - I could definitely get into this! One of my favorite Sirius XM channels (1st Wave) does a Saturday night show with dance mix versions of '80s electronic/New Wave music: EDM sounds like an updated version of it!

I punched in EDM on Apple Music, and listened to a sample playlist - - I could definitely get into this! One of my favorite Sirius XM channels (1st Wave) does a Saturday night show with dance mix versions of '80s electronic/New Wave music: EDM sounds like an updated version of it!
Technically, I think EDM started in the 80's with New Wave. Less dancy, but there is modern day synthwave music that is relevant (the movie Drive w/ Ryan Gosling's soundtrack comes to mind).

Big names like Eric Prydz and M83 clearly draw some inspiration from 80's electronic.

Well this thread blew up lol stumbled upon some subfocus a few years ago and really enjoyed it/him/her/them lol haven’t listend to them recently though!

I did really like some Dillon Francis but he got kinda weird for a bit

I’ve liked some of Diplo’s stuff, but some not so much

Well this thread blew up lol stumbled upon some subfocus a few years ago and really enjoyed it/him/her/them lol haven’t listend to them recently though!

I did really like some Dillon Francis but he got kinda weird for a bit
My friend is very into EDM and loves this music video so I dressed up as this Dillon Francis to go out for his bachelor party.

My friend is very into EDM and loves this music video so I dressed up as this Dillon Francis to go out for his bachelor party.

That’s absolutely fantastic haha definitely familiar with the music video 🤣🤣

I came here to say this. But didn’t want to come off as an old guy.

who remembers Orbital.

look it up my young crunks.

Hmmm I wonder if it’s time for some DJ Irene?!?!

who remembers Orbital.

Who came about 10 after the true godfather of EDM (I don’t really like that term), Gary Numan

Who came about 10 after the true godfather of EDM (I don’t really like that term), Gary Numan
It’s like telling an EMO kid that Goth was real and happen a long time ago.

who remembers Orbital.

Old guy? I resemble that remark!! 🤣

Sampled from Gary Numan

EDM has its place out there. I'll go through this thread when home in hopes to find some ones I may not know! I've gone to my share of Vegas shows. Seen Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Zed, Steve Aoki out there. Certainly a really fun genre for concerts.

Here is a link to my edm playlist i use for my stream haha. Thats definitely the most time I listen to edm.

Edit: oh that's wild that a spotify link aloows you to play it from the thread haha

EDM has its place out there. I'll go through this thread when home in hopes to find some ones I may not know! I've gone to my share of Vegas shows. Seen Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Zed, Steve Aoki out there. Certainly a really fun genre for concerts.

Here is a link to my edm playlist i use for my stream haha. Thats definitely the most time I listen to edm.

Edit: oh that's wild that a spotify link aloows you to play it from the thread haha

Love some “Be Right There”

Love some “Be Right There”
Be Right There is top 2 EDM songs all time for me. It's a song that even my hip/hop loving wife is down for me to play.

Man I remember watching Tiesto shows way back in the day thinking how insane it was. Beautiful things with Andain had me feeling a certain sort of way.

Had this one going today. Krafty Kuts is a magician.

I like some of what's already been posted... I also like artists in the hardstyle genre...

Timmy Trumpet
W&W
Da Tweekaz
Headhunterz
Most of the artists on the Q Dance label

Korsakoff
Miss K8
AngerFist

A lot of the Defqon 1 shows
A lot of the Tomorrowland shows

Little Sister Nora

I like some of what's already been posted... I also like artists in the hardstyle genre...

Timmy Trumpet
W&W
Da Tweekaz
Headhunterz
Most of the artists on the Q Dance label

Korsakoff
Miss K8
AngerFist

A lot of the Defqon 1 shows
A lot of the Tomorrowland shows

Little Sister Nora
Tomorrowland is the dream show for me I think

From the videos I've seen, it's a great time. Too many people for my taste.

There are also
Dominator
Defqon 1
Creamfields
Titanium
EDC

And a whole lot more.

For old school type of EDM check out Cherry Moon Trax. They're a Belgian throw back team... just don't pay too much attention to MC Pyro. He talks a lot. Almost too much over the music of their Tomorrowland show.

Oliver heldens is really good if you like house I like his bass style is UK bass but he has the house vibe. Tchami is very similar.

Back