Edel Putter Thread

Yep by far the best putter I've rolled

1681609268634.png

Today was a good day with the flat stick.

I wanted to do a “real” Edel fitting, went to club champion and my fitter couldn’t be bothered. I was really looking forward to trying their process.
I had the exact same experience. They did the SAM rather than the Edel fitting. It seemed to focus more on whether the head was square at impact rather than which putter was the best for me biomechanically. I'm happy with my 4.0, but I would have liked to go through the full Edel process. Over the winter, I added 60 g. of counterweight on my own and I'm (finally) putting real well with it.

Wasn’t the best round today but the putter still performed fairly well- 31 putts today but I put myself in poor positions all day long.

Played my fitted 4.0 for the second time this weekend. Pace is great and I’m actually surprised when I miss

Always great when looking at your data to see how things are looking for the first few rounds of the season and seeing +1.1 SG per round with the flat stick compared to your current cap. Going a step further, it shows me to be putting on par with those folks about 3 strokes better than my current handicap, which is actually the ultimate goal for the year.

I say all that just to remind folks not to sleep on the Edel fitting program and their putter line.

Always great when looking at your data to see how things are looking for the first few rounds of the season and seeing +1.1 SG per round with the flat stick compared to your current cap. Going a step further, it shows me to be putting on par with those folks about 3 strokes better than my current handicap, which is actually the ultimate goal for the year.

I say all that just to remind folks not to sleep on the Edel fitting program and their putter line.
very nice. I would give anything to just be -1 strokes gained putting instead of -5.

Still want to do this. I reached out to a local Edel fitter and never heard back from him. Golftec does them, I guess I need to find out if they do the full Edel type of fitting of if it's just a normal fitting and they carry Edel products. I want the laser assessment or whatever they call it. I want to see where my line is at versus where I think my line is at...

Still want to do this. I reached out to a local Edel fitter and never heard back from him. Golftec does them, I guess I need to find out if they do the full Edel type of fitting of if it's just a normal fitting and they carry Edel products. I want the laser assessment or whatever they call it. I want to see where my line is at versus where I think my line is at...
I went through GolfTec- I did some research ahead of time including calling to make certain they did have the full cart and then also asked who was the most experienced with that particular fitting. My fitter was not nearly as knowledgeable as the one that @Jman chronicled in his article, but he did put me through the same process as was outlined in the story James wrote and several YT videos that I watched prior to my fitting. We did the laser portion of the fitting and everything else that was shown.

I personally had a very good experience going through GT and have recommended at least exploring it for several folks here already.

As more and more companies come out with multi-material and composite putter shafts, do y’all think Edel will eventually offer them as options over the traditional steel shaft?

As more and more companies come out with multi-material and composite putter shafts, do y’all think Edel will eventually offer them as options over the traditional steel shaft?
I'm going to show my lack of club building prowess, but given the bend of the shaft (forward/back/none) that comes out of their fitting is there a way to offer aftermarket shafts? Would they have to create special hosels etc in order to make it work? Asking because I genuinely don't know...so I'll tag @Jman since I believe I saw he put an aftermarket in one.

tagging @EdelBlake so he sees this one.

I'm going to show my lack of club building prowess, but given the bend of the shaft (forward/back/none) that comes out of their fitting is there a way to offer aftermarket shafts? Would they have to create special hosels etc in order to make it work? Asking because I genuinely don't know...so I'll tag @Jman since I believe I saw he put an aftermarket in one.
Great point. I'm no shaft expert so curious what others think.

It comes down to the bend style. If you’re no offset or ONset fit, then there are no options out there other than a Stability or ALL-IN retrofit (which is what I used).

There is a EAS 2.0 that keeps calling to me in the used rack….

There is a EAS 2.0 that keeps calling to me in the used rack….
Is that the shape/alignment/shaft-offset that fits you in Edel?

Is that the shape/alignment/shaft-offset that fits you in Edel?
That’s why I looked at the work schedule to got do the fitting to check alignment. Downside is that place doesnt do the weight piece, just alignment and then quintic.

Do you know if you can add the grip weight later?

That’s why I looked at the work schedule to got do the fitting to check alignment. Downside is that place doesnt do the weight piece, just alignment and then quintic.

Do you know if you can add the grip weight later?
Indeed they can!

Do the fitting.
I cannot agree enough. It’s a game changer. Even if it means a drive to a place that can do the full fitting, it’s totally worth it.

I cannot agree enough. It’s a game changer. Even if it means a drive to a place that can do the full fitting, it’s totally worth it.
I have family in Denver. Next time we visit a fitting with happen at HQ. I‘m going to hold out till then.

My 2.0 continues to impress- I'd spoken previously about my inability to read a green, but I seem to of gotten a system down that's "working" for now. Last night during league, I was able to snag four nice one putts from varying lengths that saved the round. I was a flavor of the month putter guy previously- but now I have no wandering eyes and it's found a nice spot in my bag.

I still haven’t strayed, and I don’t plan on it. This is my gamer, this is my rock, this is my escape plan, get out of jail free card, all of that.

What would I change? I wish I could have some fun torched finish on it, or Copper plating, maybe I pick up a used 1.0 someday and send it off.

I still haven’t strayed, and I don’t plan on it. This is my gamer, this is my rock, this is my escape plan, get out of jail free card, all of that.

What would I change? I wish I could have some fun torched finish on it, or Copper plating, maybe I pick up a used 1.0 someday and send it off.
That’s the only complaint I have on mine as well- wish there was a different finish- outside of that my eyes haven’t strayed. It’s been amazing so far this year!

For anyone that has been fit for an Edel putter, do you ever find the urge to change the alignment plate or do you leave it alone?

Back