Edel Putter Thread

I added counterweight (60g) to my 4.0 last night. I had a real problem this year with putts missing left and I'm hoping this helps stabilize the stroke. It feels good after a very small sample. I changed the face plate a couple of weeks ago (to a double line on top, nothing on the bottom) and that seems to have helped me aim straighter. Really looking forward to spring, but it's the hope that kills you. :cautious:

Rolled a bunch this evening switching between the 1.0 and the 1.5. I am glad I went and got properly fit for a putter this year. The opti-vibe under the grip is such a difference in feel, and I’m much more comfortable with the 1.0. 33 putts last night 😍.
What weight to you have in the opti-vibe?

What weight to you have in the opti-vibe?
I have the 75g weight 6" down the grip in my 4.0. I'm pretty sure that's what I remember the fitter setting up.

I have the 75g weight 6" down the grip in my 4.0. I'm pretty sure that's what I remember the fitter setting up.
Thanks. The Tour Lock 60g goes down about three inches from the butt end. Good for a quick experiment. If it works out I'll try the opti-vibe for long-term.

I love this Edel 2.0 putter. I had 30 putts today and that was with a mind numbing 4 putt.

C0634721-209F-462D-8FE6-96B515DCDDD1.jpegthe only thing I haven’t loved about the putter is the grip. I liked the slightly oversized feel and texture of my old super stroke putter grip, but have really got along well with the round grip that is on the Edel. So I have been looking around and not had much success because I wanted to stay with similar weight due to my success with this putter after my fitting. The edel grip is 105 grams and I found a swing grip that feels good that I put on the putter. It weighs 110 grams, but so far I can’t tell much a swing difference. If needed, I can order a weight for the putter.
https://jumbomax.com/products/tour-series the medium here is just slightly bigger than the edel standard round and weighs the closest
.C2A6A2FC-0E01-49FA-ADAF-B45FF5829EA0.jpeg

Thinking I might want to do an Edel putter fitting sometime this year. Anyone have a good experience in the general Indy-Chicago-Detroit-Cincinnati area? Looking at the fitters list there isn’t one any closer than those places and a lot are national stores, which a couple folks in here have had bad experiences with.

Thinking I might want to do an Edel putter fitting sometime this year. Anyone have a good experience in the general Indy-Chicago-Detroit-Cincinnati area? Looking at the fitters list there isn’t one any closer than those places and a lot are national stores, which a couple folks in here have had bad experiences with.
Might be able to find something on the “find your fit” section on their website.

I went through GolfTec and was pleasantly surprised at the experience. I did a bit of research on the folks there, and called ahead to make certain that they were good to go on the fitting cart etc. I watched a couple of the Edel YouTube videos to make certain that I understood what to expect, as well as reading @Jman 's article about 10 times to make sure they were in line.

My glorious new putter has arrived. Ordered before the Quest Cup in hopes it would be here but UPS decided to run the box over with their truck or something, so it had to go back to Edel.

9144535F-1C71-430C-8CA5-59224D075757.jpeg
98569AE6-55A9-4DAC-8766-B9E6C38DC2DA.jpeg
2FF91C4E-83AE-4B93-B6A0-CFF93F016999.jpeg
4D7C9348-086A-4650-99DF-0FA3AE568079.jpeg
A3E6EF36-E605-4465-9BFB-45772FF1CD90.jpeg
0E7AB6F2-680A-4E8D-B15B-AC33E30B4B97.jpeg

I wanted to do a “real” Edel fitting, went to club champion and my fitter couldn’t be bothered. I was really looking forward to trying their process.

I wanted to do a “real” Edel fitting, went to club champion and my fitter couldn’t be bothered. I was really looking forward to trying their process.
I would suggest GolfTec if you have one in your area. They gave me an hour fitting for just the Edel putter

I’ve heard pretty good things from Miles of Golf in Cincinnati. I may be able to give you a first hand acccount here shortly. The ponder is currently strong.

I’ve heard pretty good things from Miles of Golf in Cincinnati. I may be able to give you a first hand acccount here shortly. The ponder is currently strong.

I would suggest GolfTec if you have one in your area. They gave me an hour fitting for just the Edel putter
Thanks for the suggestion.
I ended up with a SIK putter, which I love. I prefer club champion since my club has a deal with them that I get a free fitting yearly, but I’ll remember that when I can’t sink a putt and blame it on the putter and not my stroke.

Spent quite a bit of time with the 1.0 and 1.5 this weekend working with the putting mirror. It's interesting what a difference that weight in the grip makes to me, and how much it quiets down my wrists. I'm hopeful this month of mirror work will help get a few things cleaned up by the start of the season and I'll begin feeling a bit more comfortable on the greens. I am still very impressed with this putter, the string line test obviously works well in terms of getting a consistent head weight figured out for distance control, and I enjoy the feel of this insert. I would love to do this process again at some point for a mallet.

Still want to get fit for an Edel. Reached out to a fitter while back but he didn't return my email. I know Golftec does them so I'll look to get to one of their locations soon.

Well first round with the Edel and I came out with 31 putts for the round including quite a few burnt edges. I don't know that I missed any of my lines, and can already tell that this thing is going to be deadly this year.

2nd round with the 2.0 and another impressive outing. I’m kicking myself for not doing my fitting earlier. Some data from the round

IMG_6251.jpeg

I will take it!!! Another round tomorrow!

Back