Do you eat leftovers?

I have been eating the same pot of lamb stew for the last 7 workday lunches, and at least 2 dinners.

I also eat leftovers all the time. I know what's good or what I like left over and go from there. Pasta, pizza and chinese food are staples as leftovers.
I forgot about pasta. Good item as well!

Seldom. We generally only cook (order) enough that there really aren’t any.

Most of the time, yes. My favorite is SWMBO's pot roast dinner. I will eat more the next day as ground up roast beef hash fried in a cast iron skillet than I did the night before right out of the oven. She is a GREAT cook too!

wow. Old thread.. Before my time actually. But yes, I do..

It's funny how old thread just pop up after years....how do you find them

I’ll eat leftovers for a day or two, but I’m sketchy about most things that have been sitting in the fridge much longer than that.

I wfh so leftovers are a main lunch type

I love leftovers, but from a restaurant I will only eat them the next day. Unless it's pizza, then I'm ok for 2 days.

If I make the food myself I can go 3 more days after I cook it.

Yes I breathe oxygen and eat leftovers.

About the only leftovers in our house would be if we cooked a joint of meat for Sunday dinner and we keep some for sandwiches the next day

I'll absolutely eat leftovers.

The Minister will say she wants to save something for leftovers, leave it in the fridge for a week and then toss it out.

Leftovers are a staple for me, and that's usually my lunch 8.5/10 times. I also meal plan around it. For instance, made a big batch of carnitas on the weekend and that will be the backbone of a few dishes.

Rice and pasta are so easy to make in quantity and makes super handy starting points for a work lunch.

Best is leftover turkey sandwiches. I think I prefer that to the actual hot meal.

With only the wife and I at home and a wife that loves to cook we always have a lot of leftovers which I don't mind a bit. Typically for lunch and a lot of times depending on the food occasionally for dinner.

Leftover pizza tonight.

Is meal prepping the same as eating leftovers? If so, I do it a lot

Pizza -2 day limit, but not if there’s veggies on it.
Steak - next day
Pasta - next day
Fried rice - next day
Soup- 2 days
All others - the garbage disposal eats.

I eat left overs all the time. Cant say any meal is better as a leftover in my experience however, the money/time saved by not buying/making another meal is where the value lies for me

I will make more food than I need sometimes, just so I can have leftovers. Jambalaya and shoyu chicken are both fantastic as leftovers.

As a tradie , left overs , are delicious .
Either cold or hot …
Lots to be said for home cooked food brought in…

All the time. I hate wasting food, so leftovers are usually lunches or a quick dinner when we’re on the run a few days later.

There certain things we intentionally make more of so there will be leftovers. These are usually the kids favorites so they can have them for the next few days.

Back