Do you eat leftovers?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As I sit here eating last nights dinner for lunch it got me to thinking about how many leftovers I eat. I hate to waste food so mine are typically from dinner the night before where there was too much. I rarely bring home leftovers from a restaurant, yet somehow there is always takeout containers in my fridge that never get eaten. Why even bring them home if your not going to eat them?

Do you eat leftovers? What are some of the best meals to eat the next day?

Yes, i love leftovers some leftovers are almost as good or better than the original

My trick is to box up the food at a restaurant and then accidentally leave it on the table when we walk out.
I like leftovers - sort of an easy/guilty pleasure - and I don't care if it's from a restaurant or home cooked.

Today for lunch I'm having leftover leftovers - pasta and homemade meat sauce from dinner two nights ago, but from a batch I made earlier in the year and stuck in the freezer. Just the sauce part, the pasta part is new.

When I remember. Nothing aggravates me more than throwing out good leftovers because I forgot about them.

• Admin
My trick is to box up the food at a restaurant and then accidentally leave it on the table when we walk out.
I like leftovers - sort of an easy/guilty pleasure - and I don't care if it's from a restaurant or home cooked.

Today for lunch I'm having leftover leftovers - pasta and homemade meat sauce from dinner two nights ago, but from a batch I made earlier in the year and stuck in the freezer. Just the sauce part, the pasta part is new.

Haha been there done that at the restaurant!

Sure, but usually the leftovers at dinner are from a previous dinner a few days earlier. I don't eat dinner leftovers for lunch.

I eat a TON of leftovers and I love every second of it.

All of the time

I love leftovers. Spaghetti is the best the next day when you mix the sauce and noodles together then reheat it in a skillet with a little olive oil.

Oh yeah. Ill usually cook to have leftovers.

Sure do. I usually cook a bunch of food on Sunday and eat that all week.

As I'm sitting here eating leftover pizza from last night..... the answer is yes sir.

I always eat leftovers. I always buy more fish than I need. I BBQ it all up then the next day I eat cold fish straight out the container.
No one should ever microwave fish! Unless it’s your last working that job and you straight hate everyone in the office!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends what it is. not all leftovers are created equally. most rice and pasta dishes seem to be my favorite leftovers as the flavors have extra time to come together.

my wife loathes leftovers. when she was growing up, sunday was her family clean-out-the-fridge night. and she pretty much avoids eating leftovers because of it.

The only leftovers I don't eat are the ones I forget about. And I'll only forget about them when the Mrs puts them in the garage fridge.

Otherwise, we purposely over-prepare at home just so we can be assured to have leftovers.

I do leftovers a couple days a week. My wife wishes we ate less leftovers.

For a long time, yes. then for a while no, if I actually cooked something (very rare) it was usually all consumed in one instance.

Last couple weeks I have been planning my daily meals out and each night for dinner I cook enough for lunch the next day. Cuts down on food loss and very little eating out. Hopefully it shaves some calories and how much I spend on food.

I am picky about what I will reheat, so sometimes I have to eat leftovers cold, but yes I definitely eat leftovers. Especially when JB is out of town (which is all the time), I make enough for 4-6 servings and then I have dinner and lunch for days.

Yes, I can eat the same thing over and over unlike the rest of my family so I typically eat all the leftovers. My favorites are pizza, chili, vegetable beef soup, Mexican stuff (I will take everyone's from the restaurant and put it one container and heat it all up together the next day and eat it up).

Yes and it’s usually left overs from the home made dinner the night before. And I typically reheat with the microwave.

I also try to meal prep so most of my meals are reheated.

It generally depends on what it is, but for the most part I will eat leftovers with no problem.

No problem with leftovers at all.

I purposefully cook to have leftovers...so yes.

Same here. We cook big meals on the weekends so we have leftovers during the week. Mostly it's for my weekday lunches, but often for dinner as well. This week was spent devouring a giant vat of chili and a big lasagna from last weekend.

Back