Do you eat leftovers?

Yes, somethings are better the next day!

I’ll eat leftovers, but my wife and kids refuse to eat re-heated food. Just more for me I guess!
Same here, but my daughter will eat certain leftovers but very few. Nothing better then a cold meatloaf sandwich for lunch the next day or days!

With only my wife now at home, there are plenty of leftovers. I’ll freeze pasta leftovers and probably have a dozen containers in freezer, each equivalent to one light meal. Very little leftovers get tossed unless was just plain not a hit at the first feeding.

The only leftover I feel gets better is Italian food. I am not a big fan of any leftover, but grew up eating them and still do.

Nope. The only leftovers that I will eat is pizza. Can a pizza be a leftover?

I always pack leftovers to bring to work for lunch. We dont eat out much, so we're always cooking more than well eat that first night so I can take the rest to work. Very economical in the end.

Absolutely. No reason not to!

As I sit here eating last nights dinner for lunch it got me to thinking about how many leftovers I eat. I hate to waste food so mine are typically from dinner the night before where there was too much. I rarely bring home leftovers from a restaurant, yet somehow there is always takeout containers in my fridge that never get eaten. Why even bring them home if your not going to eat them?

Do you eat leftovers? What are some of the best meals to eat the next day?

My wife and I (and now all three kids) are big leftover fans. We must have saved thousands of dollars over the years by not buying lunch every day. She used to work with someone who refused to eat leftovers - just threw away whatever wasn't eaten, and probably spent $50-100 each week on lunch.

Maybe there's no correlation, but this person went from my wife's matron of honor to someone who divorced her husband, shacked up with a sugar daddy, and got hooked on drugs. Coincidence? I think not!:devilish:

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. It depends on the meal and how much of it was made and how long it's lasted.

Like chili. If we make chili for dinner, it's going to last a few days as leftovers. That's ok... until day 3. Then it's about time either to finish it up or pitch it. If it's something else, I won't want to eat it and I'll give it to my son. He'll eat almost anything.

My wife will occasionally make this macaroni casserole stuff... she grew up eating it and it had to feed a family of 8. It has pasta noodles, tomato juice, and sliced cheese on top. She calls it comfort food. I call it ghetto mac and cheese and remind her that we can afford meat.:LOL: I don't like eating it but I do because I love my wife. Those are leftovers I don't want to eat. The things we do for love.:love:

I used some leftovers to make breakfast for dinner last night. I had some left over ribeye from dinner Sunday night with my parents along with some left over jalapeno poppers. So I diced up and heated the ribeye in a skillet and then cooked 3 eggs in with it. While doing that I nuked the poppers and then sliced them in half. Threw it all on a couple tortillas with the last of some Carolina Reaper Monteray Jack cheese and a little mexican blend cheese. It was pretty darn good. Also, jalapeno poppers in a burrito or in a fajita taco is killer.
IMG_2956.jpegIMG_2957.jpeg

I absolutely eat leftovers. Food is way too expensive to let it go to waste. I love pizza and Chinese food the next day

Always. I hate wasting food. Usually a few nights a week it’s like an episode of “Chopped” in our kitchen. Kinda fun actually.

Of course! Leftover pizza, steak or bbq is awesome. With only my wife and I in the house, it is hard to just cook for 2.

Depends on what we had, but yeah I eat leftovers for lunch all the time. Some things like Chilli are almost better the next day as the ingredients have had more time to marinate.

Yes to nearly all leftovers. If it's something that isn't going to be good at all I will pass, but I'm not thinking of many things right now, maybe egg salad, tuna salad and guacamole?

Yes, I do. That's what lunch typically is.

However, is meal prepping consider leftovers?

I absolutely eat leftovers. Food is way too expensive to let it go to waste. I love pizza and Chinese food the next day.

I also eat leftovers all the time. I know what's good or what I like left over and go from there. Pasta, pizza and chinese food are staples as leftovers.

Yes, I do. That's what lunch typically is.

However, is meal prepping consider leftovers?
Kinda maybe? It's already cooked so I would lean towards yes.

We love to put leftovers in the fridge and then throw them away a week later. My daughter, who is the youngest, is the only one not terrible about eating them. To combat this, I usually will make a big batch of things and freeze any leftovers into individual servings we can take to work for lunch.

We love to put leftovers in the fridge and then throw them away a week later. My daughter, who is the youngest, is the only one not terrible about eating them. To combat this, I usually will make a big batch of things and freeze any leftovers into individual servings we can take to work for lunch.
A tradition unlike any other. We do the same. And if I go to discard what could be leftovers, I get told quickly to save it, only to then see it again in a week to throw it out.

Depends on what it is. Some foods are better the second day - chili, spaghetti, soups, stews, beans.

A tradition unlike any other. We do the same. And if I go to discard what could be leftovers, I get told quickly to save it, only to then see it again in a week to throw it out.
My wife and I have opposite roles in our house. I think everything is probably fine. :ROFLMAO:

I always intend to but to be honest I probably toss 70% of the leftovers in the fridge after a few days.

I used some leftovers to make breakfast for dinner last night. I had some left over ribeye from dinner Sunday night with my parents along with some left over jalapeno poppers. So I diced up and heated the ribeye in a skillet and then cooked 3 eggs in with it. While doing that I nuked the poppers and then sliced them in half. Threw it all on a couple tortillas with the last of some Carolina Reaper Monteray Jack cheese and a little mexican blend cheese. It was pretty darn good. Also, jalapeno poppers in a burrito or in a fajita taco is killer.
View attachment 9255619View attachment 9255620
I love reusing leftovers for different meals, always feels like win/win

Back