Cleveland Mashie Review

Since this is my first post, I want to tip my cap to all who built and maintain this site. I am looking for 2 hybrids to fill a gap between my 3 wood and 5 iron. What lofts will this new Cleveland have available?

Since this is my first post, I want to tip my cap to all who built and maintain this site. I am looking for 2 hybrids to fill a gap between my 3 wood and 5 iron. What lofts will this new Cleveland have available?

so JB, you mentioned bagging two of these bad boys and i now you traditionally have a bigger gap between your existing hybrid and the 5 iron. would you consider offing the 5 iron in exchange for another mashie or would you fill the gap between existing hybrid and 5 iron and drop maybe the niblick or a wedge?

so JB, you mentioned bagging two of these bad boys and i now you traditionally have a bigger gap between your existing hybrid and the 5 iron. would you consider offing the 5 iron in exchange for another mashie or would you fill the gap between existing hybrid and 5 iron and drop maybe the niblick or a wedge?

That is what I am battling right now. I am actually thinking of dumping the 3 iron/hybrid completely and just going with the 1 hybrid. Based on the distance and shot dispersion I am seeing with the 4h Mashie, it might be the way to go for me.

That is what I am battling right now. I am actually thinking of dumping the 3 iron/hybrid completely and just going with the 1 hybrid. Based on the distance and shot dispersion I am seeing with the 4h Mashie, it might be the way to go for me.

so go from a 3w straight to the 4h? makes sense to me. i've seen you, you can throttle off a hybrid if needs be.

so go from a 3w straight to the 4h? makes sense to me. i've seen you, you can throttle off a hybrid if needs be.

That is the plan right now. I can take enough off the 3wood or go after the 4h to eliminate the opening. But truth be told, if I am that far out routinely on the course, then maybe I should be laying up anyways. You know my feeling about playing to a number, so it makes sense.

That is the plan right now. I can take enough off the 3wood or go after the 4h to eliminate the opening. But truth be told, if I am that far out routinely on the course, then maybe I should be laying up anyways. You know my feeling about playing to a number, so it makes sense.

yep, makes complete sense. good luck figuring it all out.

JB what distance gap are you seeing between your mashie 4H and the Burner 2.0 5 iron? I was thinking i would go 3H to 5 iron and skip the 4

JB what distance gap are you seeing between your mashie 4H and the Burner 2.0 5 iron? I was thinking i would go 3H to 5 iron and skip the 4

That is what I do now seth. I skip the 4 iron completely. I have not measured the distances yet, but there is a decent size gap there for me.

Drop the nibby add the hybrid?

Why? I dont need the extra hybrid and the niblick is the best trouble saving club I have ever used.

Sounded like you needed the extra hybrid when you said 'decent sized gap'.

Gotcha. No I meant that strictly between those two clubs.

Whats the offset on this club like? From the pictures it looks substantial.

Whats the offset on this club like? From the pictures it looks substantial.

About the norm for most hybrids. I dont have any issues with it on the course.

I just keep coming back to this thread. I want to replace my hard to hit Krank hybrids so bad. I even ordered a niblick to go with my future mashie purchase.

I just keep coming back to this thread. I want to replace my hard to hit Krank hybrids so bad. I even ordered a niblick to go with my future mashie purchase.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback when you get a chance to try them out.

I'll be trying that 15.5 out pronto. I'm convinced that I am replacing my 3 wood with a hybrid this year.

I'll be trying that 15.5 out pronto. I'm convinced that I am replacing my 3 wood with a hybrid this year.

I'm right there with ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about this VERY THING. The only thing that has me thinking twice about it, is the Miyazaki C.Kua in a FW wood. I have not hit the 15.5 yet, but need to soon. If I get the distance within 10-15 yards of the 3 wood its gone.

The ease of using the Mashie for my swing is something special. The shaft makes all the difference in the world to me, but its more than that. I have NEVER been a looks guy that much, but this one speaks to me. Setting it up gives me a certain confidence that I just dont see very often.

I have been thinking about this VERY THING. The only thing that has me thinking twice about it, is the Miyazaki C.Kua in a FW wood. I have not hit the 15.5 yet, but need to soon. If I get the distance within 10-15 yards of the 3 wood its gone.

The ease of using the Mashie for my swing is something special. The shaft makes all the difference in the world to me, but its more than that. I have NEVER been a looks guy that much, but this one speaks to me. Setting it up gives me a certain confidence that I just dont see very often.

I'm right there with both of you. If I hit the 15.5 the same way I hit the 20.5 at the outing, its almost a no brainer. Even with my current archaic hybrid I'm far more accurate off the tee and from the fairway than with my 3 wood.... wow, that could be awesome.

How soon is miyazaki going to have their shaft fitting system up on the web? Can't be soon enough!

How soon is miyazaki going to have their shaft fitting system up on the web? Can't be soon enough!

We asked today. It should be VERY soon.

Back