Cleveland Mashie Review

Its like falling in love all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that headcover can stay on, I'm totally in. I'm in headcover hell right now...my tm covers I have to wrestle on, and my nike putter cover keeps falling off randomly.

If that headcover can stay on, I'm totally in. I'm in headcover hell right now...my tm covers I have to wrestle on, and my nike putter cover keeps falling off randomly.

Ah I see you have the Method 003 too, has to be one of the worst headcovers ever. Im surprised I haven't lost mine yet. I think I'll be replacing mine with one of the new THP headcovers when they're available.

In defense of the sock, I think I was one of the first to Mash and I dont remember the sock coming off that easily and they all were on very securely. Maybe the sock rocks.

Last edited:
Dunno bout the club but that headcover is money.

Could you be a bit more specific. I would imagine spring..

They are launching them at the PGA Show in January next year. Then they will hit stores depending on location shortly after that.

cant wait to bash one of these at golfsmith/golf galaxy

I am not overly excited by the finish on the top of the club. Seems like it would reflect the sun an awful lot.

I am not overly excited by the finish on the top of the club. Seems like it would reflect the sun an awful lot.

It actually offers no glare at all in all of our testing so far.

Interesting. It appears that it sits open as well. Which is a nice change for a hybrid. I am curious as to what the TM Rescue '11 looks like though.

Interesting. It appears that it sits open as well. Which is a nice change for a hybrid. I am curious as to what the TM Rescue '11 looks like though.

It sits neutral. We will have a thread at other companies clubs when embargo is reached.

well, the mashie looks just as awesome now as it did a month ago. i am one of the few that didn't hit this club, but i love the retro look, and i love the headcover. i can assure you that the headcover, and its ability to stay on, will not be a problem. i'm not sure if i've ever wanted to hit a club so bad, just b/c so many people were loving it, plus it's nice to see people hitting it, and seeing how the ball reacts, how far it goes, and how people's reactions were after they hit with it.

This was the last club I had a chance to swing and by that time I was worn out. I did not hit it well but would like another shot with it. I think it had something to do with the several hundred balls :D hit prior to getting my hands on the mashie :banghead:. The club sits well and everybody there including KellyBo were raving about it.

What lofts will the Mashie be available in? And any word on pricing?

Pricing will be available soon.

We had a 2H, 3H, and 4H available and all the lofts were listed in the Cleveland Demo Day thread.

Love the look of the club, love the headcover and can't wait to hit one.

Just curious here and may be a stupid question, but didn't the Nickent 5DX hybrids have a rail system? These seem to have a very hot face, but how well do the rails themselfs wear over time?

Love the look of them and the headcover. Can't wait to hit em.

First off the finish is very appealing to the eye. The retro style of head cover should work much better than most of the more current ones. I believe it says "Gliderail" near the toe. Something akin to the "Baffler Rail" from Cobra's hybrid and the "Dual Runner Sole" from Callaway's BBD '09. Do any of the testers of this club believe that this feature works better than a hybrid without it?

can't wait to hit n put it in my bag..
love the look n the headcover..

Just curious here and may be a stupid question, but didn't the Nickent 5DX hybrids have a rail system? These seem to have a very hot face, but how well do the rails themselfs wear over time?

No Duey. Here is a pic.
Spoiler
434076662_Atqis-S.jpg

First off the finish is very appealing to the eye. The retro style of head cover should work much better than most of the more current ones. I believe it says "Gliderail" near the toe. Something akin to the "Baffler Rail" from Cobra's hybrid and the "Dual Runner Sole" from Callaway's BBD '09. Do any of the testers of this club believe that this feature works better than a hybrid without it?

I think it can depending on the grass you are playing out of.

There was no glare at all with the club that I could see. The silver color seemed to make the club head smaller for me which I liked

When you have your first 'where's Hanks?' at the show in January, I'll be at the Cleveland booth. These are going to be big for them!
They are launching them at the PGA Show in January next year. Then they will hit stores depending on location shortly after that.

This was literally the first club I hit at the Outing before all the other THP'ers got there. This was so easy to hit and the distance I got from such easy swings was silly. Every shot seemed to find the sweet spot and the trajectory was penetrating unlike a hybrid but yet higher like a hybrid. I was hitting a 2h (which I'd never done before) like it was a 4h, high but with the distance. This club is definitely on my shot list for next year and 1 if not 2 will find their way into my bag before long

I beleive the Cobra hybrid has some type of "rail system"

Looks very nice and i do like the head cover looks wise but in practice i am not a fan of the woollen type... and they get very wet quickly here in the UK if you are not quick enough with the bag cover!

Back