Cleveland Mashie Review

Will do. Im excited to see how it works, as it's a 15.5* M1. This weekend I am going to go Driver, M1 (15.5* hybrid) and 3H (19*) to see how those gaps work for me, rather than my usual set up of Driver, 3W, 3H.

I think it will be a good setup for me, if so, then crank up the RBZ pondering.

For sure. I'm definately going to get a 3 hybrid/iron, and I'm pondering dropping my 60* and adding a 2 hybrid as well. If that works out, a Mashie could be in my future.

For those who game(d) Mashies...

For those who game(d) Mashies...

Tell me where you see the difference between the Mashie FW's and Hybrids compared to the Baffler line. I'm interested in picking one of these two up (maybe should pick up both to demo) in the near future, but want to see what the experienced tell me.

Most will not have an answer regarding the Mashie FW because there not out as of yet. In regards to the Mashie Hybrid, I have hit only Adams, Nike and Cleveland. The Mashie is just so much easier to hit for me. As for why, I do not know. Maybe its the glide rails but I can say I love them and will be gaming there FW as soon as they are released.

Good question, what I believe you are mostly going to hear back as an answer is the shaft is what makes the mashie the great club that it is. The Miyazaki shaft is very light and it allows the user to lower his tempo of swing, or take a nice and easy swing and get great distance and straight shots from the club. All golfers are different and I would suggest hitting each of the hybrids you are thinking about and see what works best for you.

Thanks for the replies. Agreed on the Miya shaft; I hit a Baffler Hyb the other day with a stiff voo doo shaft and the ball came off the face like a rocket, really enjoyed hitting it. I'm sure the FW woods will compete with the RBZ line!!!

Good question, what I believe you are mostly going to hear back as an answer is the shaft is what makes the mashie the great club that it is. The Miyazaki shaft is very light and it allows the user to lower his tempo of swing, or take a nice and easy swing and get great distance and straight shots from the club. All golfers are different and I would suggest hitting each of the hybrids you are thinking about and see what works best for you.

I agree the shaft for me anyway is the best hybrid shaft out there and a big part of the Mashie's sucsess.

For me, the Mashie was a hook machine. I had one and ended up selling it to my roommate. My dad games one and hits his very well. I've hit the Baffler in stores and didn't love it. I would definitely try to hit the Mashie before buying either one. It's a game changing club for many.

There are a TON of direct comparisons in the Mashie testing thread. I recommend starting there and taking a look at the info. Tons of really good stuff by forum members reviewing the club. I have both here and there is absolutely no comparison between the performance of the two for me. More distance, better forgiveness, better turf interaction and easier to use from multiple lies out of the Mashie for me. Also, with the Mashie FW not being out yet, most would not have much info on that one yet, however there are some good reports in the FW thread on teh subject.

Merged this with the Mashie review thread as well.

That's been my experience, Rhino. I was noticing again yesterday on the practice range, if I deliberately swing the Mashie hybrids slowly the result is far better than I am used to getting. Nice and straight, high, long. And the sound is nice too. I am a serious new club addict, but these have helped me resist changing hybrids again so far. I use the M3, M4, M5 regularly and can't wait for the 3 "Wood" to get here---3 inches shorter shaft than most other 3 woods!
I wish they made an M6 Mashie. ps-they hit so well that it is like cheating!!

Back