Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Although they're totally different clubs, Mashie all day and twice on Sundays. The only thing it doesn't have over the R11 is adjustability but the club is so versatile it doesn't matter. I think the only thing it doesn't do as well as the R11 is chipping but not everyone chips with a hybrid anyway.
For those of you who have hit the Mashie and Rescue 11 both, what is your preference?

I found the exact same findings as well CG. either you thin it or you're hitting up on it too much
funny - when i was practicing off the mats at the driving range i learned the same thing. Its almost like you want to compress the ball into the ground for the best flight. If you move the ball up too much - you catch it thin - and it doesnt go far. i moved my 3w back a little too when im firing off the deck - helped with those swings.

good luck Yoccos, tell that ball who's the boss!
The M1/M3 are my warm up clubs lol. I've got to the point where my miss is a push and I'm quite happy with that. I was absolutely destroying balls yesterday with the M1 and M3. After I got into a groove this club just ripped through ball after ball. Haven't had a day like that in a long time. Ill be heading to the course today I believe unless something drastic comes up. I'm gonna get my Mashie on today!

Thanks for the advice guys I will try that tomorrow on the range and see what happens. Now that you brought it up CL and I think about it, I did put the ball with the M2 much more forward in my stance than the M3.

+2 on that advice. I was "stinging" a lot of my M3 and M4 shots yesterday and this is probably why. Will try when I get a chance to go back out in a couple days.

Ok mashie members....I need advice. Im Ready to pull the 3w and get the m1, my question is regarding the shaft. Blind9 Has the 59g and the 83g shaft. If I'm not mistaken the heavier shaft will give me a lower ball flight right? Is anyone hitting the heavier shaft? Any advice or your experience would be much appreciated.

Ok mashie members....I need advice. Im Ready to pull the 3w and get the m1, my question is regarding the shaft. Blind9 Has the 59g and the 83g shaft. If I'm not mistaken the heavier shaft will give me a lower ball flight right? Is anyone hitting the heavier shaft? Any advice or your experience would be much appreciated.

I haven't hit the 83g shaft, but the 59g offers a mid, penetrating ball flight.

Tap before talk.

For those of you who have hit the Mashie and Rescue 11 both, what is your preference?

Today I went to Golf Galaxy and hit the Super Fast, Rescue 11, Adams V3 and Mashie.

Superfast: Hit this one good, was getting the 3 hybrid out to about 200. I liked the white head but the graphics were just enough to be slightly bothering. This ended up being #3.
Rescue 11: I went in to today thinking this would be the one. This club was the perfect example of why you try before you buy. I hit this one the worst out of all 4 due to its shaft weight. This one was 85 grams, the heaviest of all I tried. It was a good 30 yds less than all of the others I tried. This clubs was obvisouly designed for a different player than me,so it ended up being the worst out of the bunch.
Adams V3: The Adams rep was there so I was getting the whole pitch. It had a margaring steel face that I really liked; the face was very hot and was one of the longer clubs I hit. The head was a little big for a hybrid, but I liked it a lot. #2.
Cleveland Mashie: Hot damn. I discovered this club due to this thread and I'm glad I did. The Cleveland rep was also there so I was getting the sales pitch on this club as well. The head looks like a hybrid and it comes off the face hot. But what makes this club? The shaft. The 59 g C. Kua was the lightest shaft I swung that day and it worked wonders. The easier you swung it the further it went. I walked out of Golf Galaxy with this bad boy in my hand to fill the 200 yd gap in my bag. I can't wait to try it out on the range because according to previous reviews, its better (I thought that was impossible?)

i stopped playing golf some time ago but want to start again this spring and I was really interested in the cleveland mashie ( actually its how I found THP today :D )
what I read on all these 190pages today sounded really promising and I can't wait to test a mashie on monday.
If it is really as good as it sounds I am really looking forward to playing this beast :alien2:

Love seeing all the Mashie love!!!!!!!!

I had my M1 out at the range for the first time this morning. I finally get what everyone is talking about as it pertains to ball flight. It is a thing of beauty.

what gram shaft are you hitting?

I'm personally playing the 59 gram shaft in my Mashie M1, but in X stiff flex. It doesn't balloon at all for me. In fact I hit mid height missiles with it. I can't imagine hitting it any better than I currently do with any other shaft. I'm getting up to 250+ yards carry with this bad boy.

I went out for a quick nine after work today. I used the M1 one time on the first hole. I hit a bad drive off the tee and left myself 220 in to the green. The winds were blowing really hard in to my face. I hit a low shot that rolled right in front of the green. I was able to chip up and two putt. Thank you Mashie for saving my hole. I did have a nice tee off on a short par 4 with the M3. I hit a nice shot right down the middle that gave me a nice 130 shot into the green. Two putted out and made par. I sure do love the Mashies!

Seth got his Mashie on today at our course's demo day. He walked away with the M3 tour version. He mashed it!!!!!

Seth got his Mashie on today at our course's demo day. He walked away with the M3 tour version. He mashed it!!!!!

There is a tour version? What is the difference b/w a M3 and an M3 Tour Version?

There is a tour version? What is the difference b/w a M3 and an M3 Tour Version?

Check out the Cleveland booth thread from the PGA Show. Pictures, video, and more.

Just got back from my first range sessions with my new M2 and M3. I had much of the same experience that others have stated. These are anti-right machines, but don't look closed like draw clubs. My worst slice swing was mitigated into a 5 yard fade and I was actually hitting some draws - a completely foreign shot shape to me. I did find like others had mentioned that I had to be much more careful of ball position than with my old Nickent, moving it more to the center of my stance. Using a ball position too far forward led to a worm-burning hook. I found the distance to be ok...I was hitting the M3 10yards or so further than my Burner 2.0 4 iron, and the M2 5-10 further than the M3, so decent gaps. I bought the stiff Miyazaki and probably would have been fine with the regular...awesome shaft though. I don't care much for the thin rubber grips, but given my misadventure in trying to switch them out, I'll leave those be for a while. Very solid hybrid, and a very nice upgrade over my Nickent (which I loved).

Good stuff ad! It is weird having a club in the bag that just doesn't cut, huh? I can't wait to hear about your 4th and 5th range sessions b/c these clubs just shine the more you get use to them.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I am very close to pulling the trigger on an M1

I am very close to pulling the trigger on an M1

I'd be interested in reading your thoughts if you do ddec, mostly b/c you're a 4wood kind of guy.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Great reviews of the mashies here. I have to hit one of these!

Great reviews of the mashies here. I have to hit one of these!

One of my girlfriends tried the ladies M3 today and ended up buying it. She played with it and fell in love big time!

One of my girlfriends tried the ladies M3 today and ended up buying it. She played with it and fell in love big time!

My wife plays the M4 senior flex-it's hands down her favorite club!

Had a practice round and a range session today with the Mashies. First the round...

I used the M1 off the tee two times. I don't know what it was, maybe being paired with one of the new E5's but I was absolutely destroying the M1 off the tee. I gps'd 239 (slight push just about 10 yards right) and 241 (par 5, middle of fairway). It just felt great.

The M3 was used 2x off the tee and 1x off the deck. GPS'd 219, 221 and 209 respectively. I dont know what it was but didnt hit a bad shot with the M3 at all. Easy does it and the balls were ripping through the air. The shot off the deck had a slight draw while the other two off the tee were dead straight.

My focus was tempo and boy did it pay off. I loved my M1 before but now that my distance and control is getting better... I'm just sad I didn't have the M1 before. THe M3 is the ultimate confidence club for me. The swing is becomming automatic and that's such a good feeling.

The range session was more of the same. Its my first club I pull out. My first two shots are usually either a push or I duff it. Lol, it's my first couple shots so I'm ok with it. It's awesome to have a club perform at such a high level for so long. I don't ahve anything earth shattering here but I was just downright giddy after the last two days.

Back