Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

I was joking. My ball flight is ridiculously high. I already have the wedges I'm looking at snagging a set of irons.

Ahhh... Umm, I knew that...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Ahhh... Umm, I knew that...

Lol hard to read sarcasm on posts. Really great reviews though ive enjoyed reading them all.

I love these irons! Never have I ever thrown darts at greens like I can with these in my hands. I'm on the road but when I get home I want to post more.

It is so nice to have confidence in your irons, I trust them like no other.

--
Tapatalk2

SW, I'm excited to read your feedback!

Bucky, you need these sticks dude. Put some PXi's in them bro. 6.5's should be perfect for you.

I love these irons! Never have I ever thrown darts at greens like I can with these in my hands. I'm on the road but when I get home I want to post more.

It is so nice to have confidence in your irons, I trust them like no other.

--
Tapatalk2

Looking forward to hearing about them and your round today.

Like I mentioned earlier today each time I go out and play with these irons the love affair grows, today was a good day for me. Biggsy and played a little scramble to prepare for our MC match so there was a little bit of internal pressure on me to play well for him. I got off to a little bit of a rough start by tugging my first two iron shots a little left. Dead on the distance but offline a tad. After a few swings to get loosened up these really starting putting on a show.

I've mentioned it before how much confidence I have with these irons in my hands, there is a reason I'm so confident in them. Easy time I pull one from the bag I know what it is going to do if I do my part and more importantly I know what it will do if I miss a little. I can allow for that little bit of a miss much easier than I could for something that wasn't as consistent. Example, we had a short par 3 which called for a 9 iron. I was not really thrilled about going right at the flag due to where it was positioned so I aimed for the center of the green knowing that my miss is a touch right. I hit a little fade that was about 5 yards right of my target, exactly where I thought my miss would be, left me a pretty good opportunity at a two putt par which I converted.

Another thing that jumped at me today and what prompted a video that I will post tomorrow was a 6 iron shot from 175 on a side hill lie. I'll be honest I was just wanting to make contact on this shot and give my partner a chance to go at the pin. I hit it great, since the ball was above my feet I was counting on the ball to draw quite a bit but I over allowed for it. Again, distance dead on but just off the green. To say I was happy with the result is an understatement, I hate those type shots.

What has become my bread and butter with these is a pitching shot from say 100-120 yards. I've actually found myself playing to that number a lot recently because the PW is such a solid performer for me. I know that I can be very aggressive if the situation allows for it. On 18 we had 120 left in after we both laid up on a par 5 since hole was insanely long. I joked with biggsy that closest to the pin buys a drink after the round...I wanted a free coke...well he gets up and puts one dead middle of the green, a perfect spot for where the hole was cut. What does Danny do, sticks it inside of him...I'm buying drinks!

Several times today I saw very good spin into greens with these irons, since I don't hit a very high ball like a lot of guys I rely on spin to help me hold greens. Now granted spin has a lot to do with technique and the type of ball you use but I certainly feel the zip grooves on the 588's help me generate a little more spin into the green. I noticed throughout the day that my ball was always within a few feet of my ballmark and a few times I pulled it back a little.

These have me want to play more golf but more importantly they make me want to play better golf. I feel more inspired on the course, and naturally that leads to better scores.

great stuff SW... man you're making it hard not to ponder these HARD CORE. i see a shaft fitting in my near future.

great stuff SW... man you're making it hard not to ponder these HARD CORE. i see a shaft fitting in my near future.

Hit em, they sell themselves man. What's awesome is I'm not seeing a big loss in distance either. At most it is a half club in the 6/7 irons but pretty equal everywhere else.

--
Tapatalk2

Great stuff SW. I love that you are enjoying these irons. I can't wait to see you throwing darts in a few weeks.

Hit em, they sell themselves man. What's awesome is I'm not seeing a big loss in distance either. At most it is a half club in the 6/7 irons but pretty equal everywhere else.

--
Tapatalk2

i have hit them thats the problem i want more time with them and i think im gonna get my wish in September.

SW, I'm excited to read your feedback!

Bucky, you need these sticks dude. Put some PXi's in them bro. 6.5's should be perfect for you.

Damn! You guys swing rebar man! Buck, I bet you would demolish some 588's man. After your recent under par round I only see these taking your game even farther.

i have hit them thats the problem i want more time with them and i think im gonna get my wish in September.

Haha, careful what you wish for ;) What shafts are on your short list?

Thanks dean, sometimes I feel like broken record in this thread but I am completely enthralled with how these irons are performing for me.

--
Tapatalk2

Thanks dean, sometimes I feel like broken record in this thread but I am completely enthralled with how these irons are performing for me.

--
Tapatalk2
\

Dude no broken record. I, for one, enjoy reading all your thoughts about these and haven't gotten tired of it in the least bit. The 588s are awesome irons and people deserve to know that! They were on my short list but just a tad out of my price range.

--
Tapatalk2

honestly i dunno. i really love KBS so prob something with them if i don't stick with stock but i may just stick with the stock offering and see how i like them before getting other shafts in them.

--
Tapatalk2

No broken record at all man. You are doing a fantastic job repping your sponsor. Keep at it

Had a lot of good shots today but 3 really stuck out to me.

PW on 132 par 3 with hard wind in my face. Put it about 2 balls back in my stance hooded it and aimed at the right bunker. Ball stayed way down, maybe 20 ft high, hit just right of the flag and spun left like 5 ft for about a 4 ft bird putt.

195 yard par 3 w/ right to left wind. 5 iron got up well and my draw got held up in the wind just as I planned. Drop and immediate stop for a 13ish footer for bird.

2nd shot after a pulled drive left me 170 out and behind a tree. 4 iron 3/4 punch that let me hook it perfectly and rolled up onto the left edge of the green and gave me only about 20 foot to the pin.

Nothing fancy about em as far as performance enhancements yet they hit like there is. They just go and let you do what you envision. So much fun to hit and the feel is something that just leaves me smiling after every shot!

That is all. I <3 588's.

Not to shabby huh Colt! Impressive PW shot, one of these days I'll figure that shot out.

How you liking the distinct sound?

--
Tapatalk2

Not to shabby huh Colt! Impressive PW shot, one of these days I'll figure that shot out.

How you liking the distinct sound?

--
Tapatalk2

You mean that sweet "crack" you get out of em... oh yeah. I'm actually amazed that the sound you hear doesn't make you perceive them as a little harder off the face. But it doesn't.

You mean that sweet "crack" you get out of em... oh yeah. I'm actually amazed that the sound you hear doesn't make you perceive them as a little harder off the face. But it doesn't.

Yep, had that exact discussion during the round today. You hear that "CRACK!" but feel nothing. Perfect.

--
Tapatalk2

Yep, had that exact discussion during the round today. You hear that "CRACK!" but feel nothing. Perfect.

--
Tapatalk2

Had a 8i shot today with the ball literally a foot below my feet. Caught it a couple grooves low and just a smudge out toward the toe. The sound was a little different but it still felt surprisingly soft of the face. Ball still landed on the green maybe 15 ft short of what I was hoping for but still good distance. And it almost held the green. Still got to putt from the back fringe!

Had a 8i shot today with the ball literally a foot below my feet. Caught it a couple grooves low and just a smudge out toward the toe. The sound was a little different but it still felt surprisingly soft of the face. Ball still landed on the green maybe 15 ft short of what I was hoping for but still good distance. And it almost held the green. Still got to putt from the back fringe!

Contact like that is really the only time I feel a little twinge from these. I caught a 6 iron a touch thin today, 15 yards short but actually a better layup since I was between a 6 and 7 iron.

I need to spend some time with these around the green with bump and runs, I miss that shot on days like today where the greens aren't exactly the best for chipping.

--
Tapatalk2

Contact like that is really the only time I feel a little twinge from these. I caught a 6 iron a touch thin today, 15 yards short but actually a better layup since I was between a 6 and 7 iron.

I need to spend some time with these around the green with bump and runs, I miss that shot on days like today where the greens aren't exactly the best for chipping.

--
Tapatalk2

Yeah. It didn't feel pure, that's for sure. But it was a softer kind of harsh. Not one that leaves your hands sore.

mmmmm yummmmmmy, would love a set but only got the I20's a month ago!

You've got yourself a good set of irons there to, man. Pretty close to one another performance wise. Flighting the ball is a bit easier with the 588's if you do that a lot. Other than that it really just comes down to preference in looks and feel.

Back