I have a couple pickups coming in hopefully this week I'm excited about. But here are a few hockey cards from the collection.

PXL_20231107_214548343~2.jpg

I was a comic book kid. Never really did the card thing.

Oh.. .This is a sad sad sad story..
People our age, all have them. To think of the amount of cards from the golden years I sold to buy my first car and I would be sitting on stacks right now.
Its all good, live and learn.

People our age, all have them. To think of the amount of cards from the golden years I sold to buy my first car and I would be sitting on stacks right now.
Its all good, live and learn.

Yeah, I had to the tone of 7 or 8 hundred comics. I had the entire collection of GI Joe comics starting from 1982 to 1994 which I think was 155 comics. I had lots of first editions etc.. My wife and I had not been married long and she was tired of them being in the way, and at the time they were not worth anything so I gave them away.. I chalk it up to me just being way too ahead of the curve. Like owning bit coin.. Yeah, I had bit coin.. I had a lot of them.. just way way before it was anything.

A few of my favorites

1000008472.jpg

And even as a lifelong Packer fan I loved this guy.

1000008473.jpg

Yeah, I had to the tone of 7 or 8 hundred comics. I had the entire collection of GI Joe comics starting from 1982 to 1994 which I think was 155 comics. I had lots of first editions etc.. My wife and I had not been married long and she was tired of them being in the way, and at the time they were not worth anything so I gave them away.. I chalk it up to me just being way too ahead of the curve. Like owning bit coin.. Yeah, I had bit coin.. I had a lot of them.. just way way before it was anything.
Yeah my sob story was sealed boxes of baseball packs of every set football, baseball and basketball set out there for over a decade. Boxes and boxes of basketball hobby boxes with Bird and Magic rookies, Jordan rookies, etc etc. Complete sets of baseball dating back to the 60s. All gone.

Its okay though, it shaped me, and the hobby has changed drastically.

Yeah my sob story was sealed boxes of baseball packs of every set football, baseball and basketball set out there for over a decade. Boxes and boxes of basketball hobby boxes with Bird and Magic rookies, Jordan rookies, etc etc. Complete sets of baseball dating back to the 60s. All gone.

Its okay though, it shaped me, and the hobby has changed drastically.

Thats rough. I do have some old tops uncut sheets of baseball cards in tubes from the early 90s. I have thought about framing them.

Going to by my son cards for 2023 for Christmas. I had a 2 complete set every year from 1978 when I was born through high school. One I could open and one that is still sealed.

I was thinking of a full set for each major sport. Not sure if this is the route or not.

Going to by my son cards for 2023 for Christmas. I had a 2 complete set every year from 1978 when I was born through high school. One I could open and one that is still sealed.

I was thinking of a full set for each major sport. Not sure if this is the route or not.
It could be, although sets are much different now. Instead of Topps, Fleer, etc having a set...They all have 2906 sets. Now compound that with the three main players, Topps (now owned by Fanatics) for Baseball. Panini (for NFL and NBA) and Upper Deck for Hockey. Hockey is staying put, Panini has lost the rights to Fanatics after 2025 on NFL and NBA, so it will all be controlled by Fanatics.

THere are so many sets now, at millions of price points. If its just MLB, that is easier. By Topps Chrome each year.

It could be, although sets are much different now. Instead of Topps, Fleer, etc having a set...They all have 2906 sets. Now compound that with the three main players, Topps (now owned by Fanatics) for Baseball. Panini (for NFL and NBA) and Upper Deck for Hockey. Hockey is staying put, Panini has lost the rights to Fanatics after 2025 on NFL and NBA, so it will all be controlled by Fanatics.

THere are so many sets now, at millions of price points. If its just MLB, that is easier. By Topps Chrome each year.
Yeah, there is a lot of info out there. Want to dig in and do some research. I loved collecting cards when I was a kid. Totally something I can get behind and help start for Jameson. Just don't want to by a bunch of cardboard when it appears there are cards that are valuable.

For instance, you told me not to go college uniform cards. That was no intuitive to me because I loved those when I was a kid. Lots of research to do.

And Bowman Chrome :love:

Yeah, there is a lot of info out there. Want to dig in and do some research. I loved collecting cards when I was a kid. Totally something I can get behind and help start for Jameson. Just don't want to by a bunch of cardboard when it appears there are cards that are valuable.

For instance, you told me not to go college uniform cards. That was no intuitive to me because I loved those when I was a kid. Lots of research to do.
if you have questions about specific sets, shoot me a message or drop it in here, and I can probably answer it for you

for prospecting, there’s nothing better

Exactly - Love me some Bowman Chrome, although just like Topps Chrome too much printing and too many parallels are starting to ruin it a bit.

Reactions: JB
Can't believe I never saw this thread. Awesome. Here's one of my favorites. Scratches thankfully are just on the ice block. The Kid was the best.

Unknown-1.jpeg

And Bowman Chrome :love:

for prospecting, there’s nothing better
I pulled a Tatis 1st BC auto purple /50 from vendor box. Sold it for $40 because Padres prospects never worth anything. Before the steroids it was worth a few G’s raw 😩

We went to a great store here in Charleston that has loads of cards. Ignored the Pokemon section and dug through the baseball and NFL section to find some great stuff!!

Cal was freakin pumped.

Back