Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Good stuff dude, the Razr Fit is the one driver out right now that I wish I would have spent more time with. I love everything I see and hear about this club.

Its crazy easy to adjust, that's what I like. It doesn't take a degree in adjustability like the R11/R11S do and I love that.

Can't wait for the full weight kit to get here, even more tinkering!

Well I did end up playing Saturday morning but I was sicker than :poop:so I can not update you on how the Secret grip on the FIT TA at 44.75" works. I was pretty much just going through the motions and shouldn't of even been playing. I am playing this weekend so I will have a update then.

Now the shaft, that's another story. But, suffice to say, I ordered two more adapters today so that won't be a problem for long.

You getting that high ball flight too? Kinda drives me nuts.

You getting that high ball flight too? Kinda drives me nuts.

Just didn't hold up well with my quick tempo really. That was the primary beef for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here man.....the bigger the driver the more I want to mash at the ball whereas a smalle driver I want to make a nice swing. The Fit 'fits' me well

I got out with the Fit yesterday. I really do like this driver ALOT and I seem to just get along better with more shallow faced drivers.

Now the shaft, that's another story. But, suffice to say, I ordered two more adapters today so that won't be a problem for long.

OK,a question for all you Razor Fit lovers.I love mine also,but I have the stock RIP'D 60 NV shaft and I have a lower launch angle and a mid flight with a straight or very slight draw .I would like to have a little higher launch angle with more carry.My shot now has a lot of roll out which is good if the fairways are firm but not so good if they are fluffy or damp.I know a lot of it is in my swing and that changing things such as teeing height is one variable,but I would like to try a different shaft and see what happens.My swing speed with a driver is 91-92 mph and I am 60 years old so I don't expect miracles,or maybe I do, but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I'm seemingly in the minority, but I briefly owned a FIT recently and really struggled with it. I don't know if it was shaft length, or the shaft itself, or that I like shallow drivers better or what exactly. It just wasn't a good "FIT" for me.

Also, I missed the Callaway composite sound and feel. I think Callaway tried to go a bit more mainstream with the FIT and I personally don't like it as much. The FIT has sort of lost the uniqueness that the older FT/Razr (and even Octane) series had.

I'm seemingly in the minority, but I briefly owned a FIT recently and really struggled with it. I don't know if it was shaft length, or the shaft itself, or that I like shallow drivers better or what exactly. It just wasn't a good "FIT" for me.

Also, I missed the Callaway composite sound and feel. I think Callaway tried to go a bit more mainstream with the FIT and I personally don't like it as much. The FIT has sort of lost the uniqueness that the older FT/Razr (and even Octane) series had.

Sorry to hear that dude, the Fit has been a huge hit but there isn't a single driver out there that is for everyone. Hopefully you find a good match. Did you try the Fit with any other shafts besides the stock shaft?

The Fit has adjustability which is its own uniqueness altogether that the previous lines didn't have......

Bummer that the Fit didn't work out for you....

The Fit has adjustability which is its own uniqueness altogether that the previous lines didn't have......

That's admittedly very true. The Fit's adjustability is definitely cool and clearly sets it apart from anything Callaway has made up until this point. My favorite thing about the driver was the ability to adjust the weighting. I felt that I could set it to draw initially, but then move it to neutral as my swing improved.

My comment is more with respect to sound and feel. I know that is subjective and that there is no right answer for all players. I just felt like the previous models were more uniquely different than the rest of the industry. Love them or hate them, people knew about the sound and feel. While the move more to the norm of the industry will probably sell more clubs, I feel like Callaway has lost some of the uniqueness of the previous products. It might be wise for business, but as someone who LOVED the sound and feel of the previous lines, I was a little disappointed.

INGolfer: Mine had the stock, regular flex shaft. That's all I tried it with. I don't know if it was the shaft or the fact that I never really got comfortable with it at address (possibly due to no alignment aid?), but I just splayed balls all over the place.

I'm not a good golfer, so I don't expect any driver to give me long and straight drives every time. What I'm looking for is consistency in ball flight. I don't care if it is a high fade that goes 30 yards right of where I aim, as long as it does it every time. With the Fit, I just didn't have that. Some went right. Some went left. Some were low rockets. It was disappointing because it was a driver that I REALLY wanted to love.

I suspect that I'll end up with one of last year's models in IMIX paired with a shaft that I like. I'm currently testing a combo now that wouldn't wow anyone with the specs, but seems to work pretty well for me. I've hit 12 out of 14 fairways in each of my last three rounds over three different courses. That's all a hack like me can realistically ask for.

Wow ryebread 36 of 42 fairways. That should help lower your scores in a hurry I think I would stay with the driver (club) that got that result.

Definitely a little late to this thread, but I have a 9.5 degree stiff Razr Fit. Just using the stock Aldila shaft on it currently, would like to try the one from the TA version though.

But it keeps the ball nice and close and set to Closed my drives are on the center to just left of center of the FW Before I was always right side which kills a lot of the angles. Only played a few times with it so far but it is definitely a keeper.

My only beefs with it are that is gets dinged up quickly and as I have OCD I find the paint job looks like an amateur did it.

Wow ryebread 36 of 42 fairways. That should help lower your scores in a hurry I think I would stay with the driver (club) that got that result.

majBC: For someone of my skill level, those were three good driving days. I was most proud of round two. It was a tight and difficult course and when I counted it up on that round I was really surprised.

I think that's probably the driver head for me for a while. It looks good, with nice sound and feel and is easy for me to find the sweet spot. I'm going to try a couple of shafts to try and get the ball flight down. I'm hoping to get a little more carry and length, but even if I stick with this shaft I can't argue with the consistency of the setup.

OK,a question for all you Razor Fit lovers.I love mine also,but I have the stock RIP'D 60 NV shaft and I have a lower launch angle and a mid flight with a straight or very slight draw .I would like to have a little higher launch angle with more carry.My shot now has a lot of roll out which is good if the fairways are firm but not so good if they are fluffy or damp.I know a lot of it is in my swing and that changing things such as teeing height is one variable,but I would like to try a different shaft and see what happens.My swing speed with a driver is 91-92 mph and I am 60 years old so I don't expect miracles,or maybe I do, but any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Any opinions??

Any opinions??
Have you tried setting it to closed to add loft before trying a different shaft option? Would be a lot cheaper to try that first lol.

I played today and hit it really well.I guess just needed to play with it more.

Does moving this driver to the closed or open position affect loft?

Does moving this driver to the closed or open position affect loft?

They say closing the face increases the loft and opening it decreases the loft. Exactly opposite of what I would think it would do, but every adjustable driver says the same thing.

From GOLF Magazine (January, 2012)
Callaway’s highly anticipated foray into adjustable driver technology leads us directly to RAZR Fit. Made of forged composite and titanium, the sleek looking RAZR Fit offers a simple, straightforward approach to adjustability. The "OptiFit" hosel offers three clubface settings—square, 2.5° open or 1.5° closed. (The 2.5° open face provides a 1° decrease in effective loft; the 1.5° closed face increases loft by 1°.) In addition, two interchangeable weight plugs—12-gram stainless steel and 2-gram aluminum—affect flight curvature. To operate, simply place the 12-gram screw in the toe and the 2-gram screw in the heel for neutral weight bias, or 2 grams in the toe and 12 grams in the heel for draw bias.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/equipment/callaway-razr-fit-driver#ixzz28UANFBtX

Thank you. I just found this out today with the Anser, was curious if the Razr was the same way, I'll be gaming one shortly.

From GOLF Magazine (January, 2012)
Callaway’s highly anticipated foray into adjustable driver technology leads us directly to RAZR Fit. Made of forged composite and titanium, the sleek looking RAZR Fit offers a simple, straightforward approach to adjustability. The "OptiFit" hosel offers three clubface settings—square, 2.5° open or 1.5° closed. (The 2.5° open face provides a 1° decrease in effective loft; the 1.5° closed face increases loft by 1°.) In addition, two interchangeable weight plugs—12-gram stainless steel and 2-gram aluminum—affect flight curvature. To operate, simply place the 12-gram screw in the toe and the 2-gram screw in the heel for neutral weight bias, or 2 grams in the toe and 12 grams in the heel for draw bias.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/equipment/callaway-razr-fit-driver#ixzz28UANFBtX

Maybe they know something that I don't know but I just don't see how that is possible by the laws of physics.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Maybe they know something that I don't know but I just don't see how that is possible by the laws of physics.
I agree, but all the companies with adjustable drivers say the same thing.

Why does opening up your wedge increase the loft, but opening up the driver, decreases the loft?

Why does opening up your wedge increase the loft, but opening up the driver, decreases the loft?

Yea I don't get it lol

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I believe it has to do with the loft of the clubface.

Try using your hand as the clubface and hold it up and down as it would look like at address. Open your hand slightly and you see that your hand actually closes down slightly and the reverse for closing the clubface.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Yeah it's weird but what the Manufacturers say is true. I think it has something to do with bringing the club head back to square...that motion opens or closes the club face.

Back