Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Sooooooo...

Everyone knows I was pondering this one after Iowa but couldn't make myself do it. Well, a buddy/acquaintance called me today on the way home and offered his red uDesign for 100.00....and I couldn't say no, right?

I have problems, but I'm happy about it! Surely I did Breezy proud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a steal bro!! and like you said it's not like you don't have a bunch of shafts laying around to mess with it.....I would really be interested to see what that thing is like with the B asha shaft in it!

I'm so proud of you Jman. I'm really looking forward to how you like it and what shaft ends up in there b

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gents, I thought you two would like this one! Haha

It'll be nice to be able to mess around with different shafts without having to use the heat gun and re-epoxy every time so it could be a good thing AND a bad thing.

Is it bad I already want the weight kit? Reading up its just awesome how much easier it is to adjust compared to the R11's.

I'm excited.

Thanks gents, I thought you two would like this one! Haha

It'll be nice to be able to mess around with different shafts without having to use the heat gun and re-epoxy every time so it could be a good thing AND a bad thing.

Is it bad I already want the weight kit? Reading up its just awesome how much easier it is to adjust compared to the R11's.

I'm excited.

Dude with the right shaft you could kill that thing!

Dude with the right shaft you could kill that thing!

At this point the only thing I'm confident about killing off the tee is anything/anyone standing to my left. Seriously though, no confidence in my tee game right now as I won't let myself just swing the damn club instead of getting my brain in the way....stupid thinking.

All I know is I'm excited to tinker around with it, pretty sure I WILL be grabbing a weight kit today, the more I read about settings the more enamored I become.

Also, anyone know if the Tour Authentic tips can be used in the regular Razr Fit? I'm sure its been asked before so forgive me, it was just a thought I had in the middle of the night last night.

Huzzah! Nice pick up Jman....lookking forward to you beating this thing around the course

Sooooooo...

Everyone knows I was pondering this one after Iowa but couldn't make myself do it. Well, a buddy/acquaintance called me today on the way home and offered his red uDesign for 100.00....and I couldn't say no, right?

I have problems, but I'm happy about it! Surely I did Breezy proud!

Huzzah! Nice pick up Jman....lookking forward to you beating this thing around the course

Thank you sir! I just felt like I'd have been a moron to pass that price up. Plus, worst case I'll get to hook up a THP'er with a great deal and I always love doing that.

I hit my FIT pretty darn well today, still had some snap hooks and I think I know why. Tomorrow once my new grip gets here I am taking it to get a 1/2" chopped off so it will play at 44.75" instead of 45.25". Every good drive I hit has come from when I choke down about a half inch or more, anytime I dont grip down I end up hooking one.

I hit my FIT pretty darn well today, still had some snap hooks and I think I know why. Tomorrow once my new grip gets here I am taking it to get a 1/2" chopped off so it will play at 44.75" instead of 45.25". Every good drive I hit has come from when I choke down about a half inch or more, anytime I dont grip down I end up hooking one.

That's what mine is at and it's super accurate for me without losing noticeable distance

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Also, anyone know if the Tour Authentic tips can be used in the regular Razr Fit? I'm sure its been asked before so forgive me, it was just a thought I had in the middle of the night last night.

You know I haven't thought about that....really don't see why it couldn't work....Hey INgolfer!!! We got an expirement for you!!

That's what mine is at and it's super accurate for me without losing noticeable distance

When I do actually hit a FW without choking down on it I do not notice a distance loss when I do choke down, makes a big difference when your hitting the sweet spot compared to the toe or snap hooking it lol.

You know I haven't thought about that....really don't see why it couldn't work....Hey INgolfer!!! We got an expirement for you!!

Hahaha, didn't think about hollering at IN.

Not that I would need the additional settings, but they might be cool to toy around with. Heck, I ordered a weight kit today just for toying around, what could a little more hurt, eh?

Hey guys,
I pulled the trigger last weekend and picked up a used Razr Fit 10.5 stiff shaft for $163.00 off the callaway pre-owned website. It came in the mail today. I got one that was rated "average". Other than a couple of really minor scuff marks on the top of the head it looks like it came off the rack. I mean it looks Brand New!!

I took it out to the range today.............WOW!........WOW!.....WOW!!! I warmed up with my old FT-IQ imix. I average about 220 -230 tops with it. It's always been a source of frustration that I didn't hit my driver with any distance considering I'm a big guy in pretty good shape.

I grabbed the Razr and left it with the stock settings. Standard face, 12 weight in the toe and 2 in the heel. My first shot was 260 right down the middle with a rollout of an additional 20 yards!! It was a mid-high, boring, penetrating shot just like what you see the guys on TV do. You should have seen the grin on my face! I looked at the face of the club and I hit it right in the middle of the sweet spot. The next one was just the same! And again! My first five were all 260 plus and the ball marks were all right in the middle of the club where they should be. I wasn't trying to smoke it, just keep a nice even tempo and a let's see what happens type of swing. I know I was annoying the guys on either side of me with my giggling and all the "son of a guns" I was whispering under my breath. I could not believe what a huge difference the right driver makes. EVERYTHING about this club feels perfect for my swing. The shaft, the weight of the head through the swing all felt awesome. Hitting long penetrating drives has never been so easy! I did have a few snap hooks but I never once sliced the ball. And I slice ALOT. This is the most forgiving club I've ever owned. Man I can't wait for Sunday to come so I can get out and play a round. Until then I know where I'll be every day after work. ;)

Congratulations, good for you. Keep hitting them straight!

Going to go pick this one up and pay for it tomorrow! Considering a round right after but we'll see what the weather does. Hopefully the weight kit gets here early next week for me to mess around with.

I'm sicker than a dog with a horrid cough and site throat but drove up anyway and had my FIT TA cut down to 44.75" and the Boccieri Secret Grip put on it. Feels SOOOO much better in hand, much more comfortable and I can't wait to see the results! I have the Secret Grip on my hybrid and that is the only club in my bag that I don't hook off the planet when my swing is off so I really think the shorter length and grip will have me finding a lot more fairways without giving up distance. Playing in the morning and Sunday no matter how bad I feel. Will have a update after my round.

Congratulations, good for you. Keep hitting them straight!

Thanks mang! I got home late today so I didn't get to go to the driving range. But tonight I'm back on the callaway site looking for a deal on a 3 wood.

Thanks mang! I got home late today so I didn't get to go to the driving range. But tonight I'm back on the callaway site looking for a deal on a 3 wood.

That's great to hear man. I'm a big believer that after the putter the driver is the most important club in the bag. Sounds like the FIT is a perfect....... Fit for you.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

In hand!

DSC_0408.jpg

I'm EXCITED!

Thats awesome looking Jman, really looking forward to your thoughts when you get it to the range.

Is that red or dark orange? It looks really good dude. I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

Thats awesome looking Jman, really looking forward to your thoughts when you get it to the range.

Thanks Breezy, I should have listened earlier! It really was a blast to hit in Iowa when I took it out for the Saturday round. I honestly think I just get along with a more shallow face better, my best driving days have always been with a more shallow faced driver (a-la the 4DX Evolver).

Is that red or dark orange? It looks really good dude. I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

Dark red, its a little cloudy outside today so not a ton of natural light for the pic. I really am pumped, thanks buddy!

Jman wearing red to the Fit Club meeting! Nice driver buddy!

Jman wearing red to the Fit Club meeting! Nice driver buddy!

Haha, thanks dude! If not for the Ryder Cup I'd have taken it out today, Monday will have to do!

Beautiful driver Jman! That is gorgeous!

Back