Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Mixed bag off the tee today. The wind was howling which made for some great shots and some not so great that the wind helped or hurt. I hit a couple heely shots that really impressed with the result.

Holy. Hell. I put a LinQ White in my Max tonight for fun. It seemed to unlock the thing even more than already. Four drives over 300. And a beautiful draw every time. No hooks.

One faded too much, but that was the opening tee shot and I was getting a feel for it. After that it was go zone every time. I keep getting surprised by this club every time I use it. Let’s freaking go
Oh man. Love hearing this.

Yeah this thing is a monster. I need to download the data but I really like the natural cut I can hit with it.

Boy what a roller coaster Lol. Front 9 of tour was the worst start ever in a tour event but the back 9 stormed back from last place with going 7/7 on fairways with my Max through straight headwind of 20-30 mph winds. These drives were slight fades cutting the wind including one that ended up 40 yards from the green. I was hitting pitch shots into the green but just ran out of holes. My group was stunned by the driving going down the stretch. I think this might be a turning point in the season. What a beast this driver is.

This thing went out for its maiden voyage today.

I will preface this by saying it was my second time swinging a golf club this year and it was WINDY.

I had some really nice shots, and some not so good shots.

Hit 43% of FIR but had some absolute bombs, and a couple that finished just off the fairway.

I cannot wait to build some more confidence with this guy throughout the spring and summer.

View attachment 9257024
View attachment 9257025
View attachment 9257026
I look forward to seeing you bomb it like that in Nebraska

The guy I played with had a Maverick today and was hitting it pretty well, but I kept getting him by 5-10 yards. Eventually he asked what I was hitting and asked if he could try it out. Let him swing it once and he was right there with me distance wise. He said it might be time to upgrade :LOL:

First outdoor range session of the year, and definitely still trying to find my swing again.

It is interesting seeing the forgiveness across the face, especially since I have anything but good contact currently. Finally ended up hitting one good one with my very last ball, and walked away looking forward to my next driver lesson.

First outdoor range session of the year, and definitely still trying to find my swing again.

It is interesting seeing the forgiveness across the face, especially since I have anything but good contact currently. Finally ended up hitting one good one with my very last ball, and walked away looking forward to my next driver lesson.
You always make sure the last one is good. That's how it's done!

I’ve tried the max and moved on but really think I should have went with the 💎💎💎. At some point this year I will give it a try

1 round. The blue driver is AI Smoke TD and yellow is my old Radspeed XB.

1713130930755.png

1 round vs 14 rounds. On the range I was not feeling my normal self so I decided to play a fade all day to try out the AI Smoke. It took a few holes to take the over correction out but I was pretty happy with what I was seeing. Just need a couple more rounds to really get dialed in.

1713131063209.png

Went to my local course today and played 9 holes. Got to enjoy this new piece of technology that I have in my hands. Let me tell you if your on the fence about the smoke buy it. It's worth the investment! I did not have my best stuff today. I consistently hit it off the toe. 2 things I saw today was how even though I was off center I wasn't far behind my playing competition like I have been in the past. And also i didnt have the big hook when hitting it off the toe like i used too. The off center toe is still going almost as far as my center hits. Not quite but close. I have just been so impressed with this club. I would strongly recommend!

Came back down to earth a bit today with the driver, but I still had four drives over 300 with the Smoke in a scramble. That keeps the confidence rolling!

Yesterday I put my Masters limited UST Mamiya LinQ Gunmetal in it for fun.

This is a big profile switch from the Ventus Red I was fit too. But I was still creating good launch with my Ai Smoke Max! That is a huge testament to this driver. As launch is … I guess was … an issue for me.

After a VERY long wait - Finally talked with Callaway CS and it turns out the shaft I ordered it with was on back order.

Since I have a perfectly good shaft in my Paradym AND a LIN-Q Red on the way - Just told them to ship it with the stock shaft. Should be here today! Cannot wait to get it out on the course Saturday
So Callaway let you switch a custom order? That's good I'm now on a 10 week wait due to shaft and think I'm just going to change to the stock shaft. In their fine print it says custom orders cannot be canceled or changed.

So Callaway let you switch a custom order? That's good I'm now on a 10 week wait due to shaft and think I'm just going to change to the stock shaft. In their fine print it says custom orders cannot be canceled or changed.

Call them. They let me change my custom order twice because the shaft I picked kept getting further delayed.

Just call them - they will change it

I definitely found my driving again. Was absolutely stroking it on the range coming off the blistering finish in the tour event. I have a round tomorrow and will be curious how it does on a narrow course. I have an event on Saturday in the blue ridge mountains where accuracy will be key but if the driver shows up there that day could be really good. Right now the play seems to be a light fade but every drive yesterday was 285+. A couple were definitely 300 sadly my launch monitor isn’t down right now so had to rely on the poles and rangefinder.

Think I found something last night with the Ai Smoke Ai Max 8* with slider weight in fade position. The only difference was the new addition of my Custom UST Mamiya Grandaddy driver shaft. I felt more connected throughout the swing and felt like I could feel the driver. The launch was fantastic and I was hitting slight draw and fades. Time to get some numbers today and an on course run tomorrow.

My patients has definitely paid off with my Ai Smoke MAX driver. All of my testing/changes with this club have been on course while playing with my Saturday group. I went through several different setups with my RDX Smoke Red S shaft. I really felt I was close but was just not totally dialed in. This past weekend I set it up with a Ventus Red 5-S shaft and set the loft to +1. The results were outstanding! I was very impressed with the height I was seeing, and the length I was getting was very impressive. This is the best driver/shaft setup I've ever used.

Last edited:
Think I found something last night with the Ai Smoke Ai Max 8* with slider weight in fade position. The only difference was the new addition of my Custom UST Mamiya Grandaddy driver shaft. I felt more connected throughout the swing and felt like I could feel the driver. The launch was fantastic and I was hitting slight draw and fades. Time to get some numbers today and an on course run tomorrow.
Interesting those small details. I noticed something in my back 9 Saturday and completely changed my driving which carried over into yesterday’s range session. I was working too hard the front 9 and then noticed just one little difference in alignment and down swing and BAM. Should be interesting to see the numbers with the shaft change.

My patients has definitely paid off with my Ai Smoke MAX driver. All of my testing/changes with this club have been on course while playing with my Saturday group. I went through several different setups with my RDX Smoke Red S shaft. I really felt I was close but was just not totally dialed in. This past weekend I set it up with a Ventus Red 5-S shaft and set the loft to +1. The results were outstanding! I was very impressed with the height I was seeing, and the length I was getting was very impressive. This is the best driver/shaft setup I've ever used.
I love the Ventus Red! I am glad you found something that worked.

I took a few weeks off and went back to the range today. I was crushing it today, at least as far as I can hit it. I am looking forward to playing this weekend!

Driver was mostly good today. I didn’t hit a ton of fairways but was just off quite a bit. Distance is great and my misses I feel like continue to be tighter which is what I need

I had my first round in decent weather conditions this weekend. 74 with some gusts. 58% FIR in 12 shots. The sound was much better with an Ai Smoke style forward weight. There must be a difference in the design that changes the sound. Distance was about on par with what I’d expect for a mid 70 degree day with some leeway for the wind and sometimes soggy or shaggy turf.

I was still able to move the ball both ways. I can still spin it up a bunch when my AoA gets too steep. But left to right dispersion was good. I need to finalize my fine tuning for launch but the direction and movement has been dead on with the swing I put on it and the feedback I feel from the head. Every round gives me a little more confidence on the tee box.

Back