Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

It’s crazy how straight this driver is even on mishits. The deflections they put in the face are true game changers. I’m seeing distances I’ve not seen in years either! Outside of accuracy, and distance, anything else really stand out for you? The sound for me Is just outstanding!
Agreed… sound is amazing! Club feedback was hard to assess during the fitting. Being indoors in a pseudo studio I just couldn’t wrap my head around… outside today the sense of feel/sound was amazing. Needless to say I’m super excited for more and hopefully will be able to get out this weekend!

Question for users that moved from last year’s Paradym TripleD driver to Ai Smoke. I currently play a Paradym TD in 10.5 with the settings at -1 in D setting.

If you played similar i e. 9° in a Paradym TD, what head and loft did you purchase or get fit into in the new Ai Smoke Max? What are the top 3 advantages or improvements you saw with the upgrade?

Was it worth the upgrade in enjoyment and lower scores assuming you had to shell out over $600 USD?

Question for users that moved from last year’s Paradym TripleD driver to Ai Smoke. I currently play a Paradym TD in 10.5 with the settings at -1 in D setting.

If you played similar i e. 9° in a Paradym TD, what head and loft did you purchase or get fit into in the new Ai Smoke Max? What are the top 3 advantages or improvements you saw with the upgrade?

Was it worth the upgrade in enjoyment and lower scores assuming you had to shell out over $600 USD?
So I didn't get the Max, but I've gone into the AI Smoke TD 9* from a Paradym 9* TD. Last year in the Paradym TD I regretted not playing a 10.5* at neutral as I felt the face sat pretty neutral, as I was playing the 9* +1 @10*. The AI Smoke TD sits a fair bit more open than last years, I little too much to my eye hence why I went with a 9* and play it +1, and it sits great to my eye in that setting.

Overall I've noticed a fair amount more forgiveness in the Smoke and overall a nicer feel, a much more solid feel off the face. Numbers wise from a centred strike there's little difference, but I've noticed a lot more forgiveness from the toe (which is my usual miss). The difference between a big hooky miss and a much more manageable miss in the Smoke. The Smoke is more fade biased, which I don't mind as I feel I can smother it more confidently to hit my usual draw shot shape.

On your last question, I think over the course of the season I will hit more fairways and hopefully lower scores...

After a VERY long wait - Finally talked with Callaway CS and it turns out the shaft I ordered it with was on back order.

Since I have a perfectly good shaft in my Paradym AND a LIN-Q Red on the way - Just told them to ship it with the stock shaft. Should be here today! Cannot wait to get it out on the course Saturday

After a VERY long wait - Finally talked with Callaway CS and it turns out the shaft I ordered it with was on back order.

Since I have a perfectly good shaft in my Paradym AND a LIN-Q Red on the way - Just told them to ship it with the stock shaft. Should be here today! Cannot wait to get it out on the course Saturday
Which head did you get?

I missed it, what shaft did you order it with that was backordered? Waiting sucks!

The lightweight shaft I hit was the Project X Cypher 2.0 40. It's one of the stock offerings for the AI Smoke Max. I have a very moderate swing speed (mid 80s or so). It was a very good shaf for me. My current driver has a Helium 4F2 and the Callaway rep who helped me with the Max and Max D recommended the Project X shaft.
Hey do you mind me asking what your swing speed is? And do you like the Cypher better than Helium? Long story short I have a Max D on order with MCA Vanquish shaft and want to back track because its the PL version. My only concern Cypher is high spin. Thanks!

Hey do you mind me asking what your swing speed is? And do you like the Cypher better than Helium? Long story short I have a Max D on order with MCA Vanquish shaft and want to back track because its the PL version. My only concern Cypher is high spin. Thanks!
Not a problem. I was at 86 when I was fit for the Max D. The Cypher was the shaft that the Callaway rep had. It worked well for me as far as the spin numbers.

Which shaft was on back order? I am loving the Ventus Red and think I would also love the LIN-Q Red.

Having demoed the Smoke TD 9* last week (see about 5 pages back) and with not great results compared to my Paradym 10.5 I managed to get a hit with the Smoke Max 10.5 and the stock Tensei AV Blue 65 S shaft. Pretty much a direct upgrade in the head from my Paradym. Set standard and draw on the hosel to replicate.

This was a much better experience, sounded great and definitely a higher average distance over the shots by a few yards. I'd also like to say dispersion was better but I'm still prone to a miss out to he right so I'll need more work with it. I'm liking the Tensei as well despite it having a standard grip vs my midsize +4 - will do a more scientific comparison with my Kai'li White 60s next time I get chance.

Still not sure if it a comprehensive improvement but enough to keep the investigation going.

Now i have been testing some of the new drivers for 2024.
Qi10 LS, G430 10K, Darkspeed LS and X.
Smoke Ai Max and TD.
You maybe could guess what driver is in the bag when i write in this site.
Correct, Smoke Ai Max 9 degrees and i love it.

What shaft is in the Ai Smoke, and what shaft did you have in the Paradym? I wonder if that has any effect on it, for me the Ai Smoke launches quite a bit higher than my Paradym X did (Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue in the Smoke, HZRDUS Silver in the Paradym X).
UST Linq Q Red M40x 6F4 in both. Had a buddy hit mine and he’s a high, high ball hitter, the launch came down a ton compared to his 9* paradym I was shocked.

Not every drive is magic but I seem to have found another gear with the driver including what felt like my best drive on a couple of holes.

One thing I have noticed is the spin consistency when the ball leaks right. Seems like the spin range between my standard draw and leaving the face open a touch or hitting heel side has to very small.

Now i have been testing some of the new drivers for 2024.
Qi10 LS, G430 10K, Darkspeed LS and X.
Smoke Ai Max and TD.
You maybe could guess what driver is in the bag when i write in this site.
Correct, Smoke Ai Max 9 degrees and i love it.
So can I ask, what did you find were the biggest differences between the Smoke Ai MAX and the others that you tested? Overall what influenced your decision the most? Looks, sound, forgiveness, distance; everything plays a role in the decision process, and I am curious how you came to your choice?

My Ai Smoke MAX has been pretty solid thus far. It doesn't fail me, unless I really try to go after it. As long as my tempo is solid I'm happily in play. Today I'm switching from my RDS Smoke Red shaft to a Ventus Red. I've had a similar Ventus in my last driver and loved it so I'm looking forward to the shaft change.

My Ai Smoke MAX has been pretty solid thus far. It doesn't fail me, unless I really try to go after it. As long as my tempo is solid I'm happily in play. Today I'm switching from my RDS Smoke Red shaft to a Ventus Red. I've had a similar Ventus in my last driver and loved it so I'm looking forward to the shaft change.
When you go after it, what do you attribute the different performance from? Is there a breakdown somewhere in face/path, or something else causing the change?
What doe the flight and distance look like when you go after it vs a solid tempo swing?

So can I ask, what did you find were the biggest differences between the Smoke Ai MAX and the others that you tested? Overall what influenced your decision the most? Looks, sound, forgiveness, distance; everything plays a role in the decision process, and I am curious how you came to your choice?
I find the Max to be really forgiving. The best numbers i got with the TD but not with much.
The G430 10K i like the shape of the head but the sound was too loud.
The TM i never ever gave a real chance. Didnt like the chape on the head.
Must say that the look Darkspeed is really nice looks and the X is really forgiving. The LS i spread all over the country.
So the Smoke AI Max have a really good looking face and perfect lay down with adress.

When you go after it, what do you attribute the different performance from? Is there a breakdown somewhere in face/path, or something else causing the change?
What doe the flight and distance look like when you go after it vs a solid tempo swing?
When I go after it my attack angle gets steeper resulting in a much lower ball flight and sometimes a hard left hook. When my tempo is consistent my launch angle and control is impressive though I can't help but believe I'm losing some yardage. However, I'm 62 now, and still struggling with the yardage I'm losing - haha@!

@Briton G have you or when you going to get some swings in with the flat COG installed?

Back