Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Probably should check for the CB demo next time I’m there
do it jewish GIF

First thing about the Pros AND the CBs. Oh my god I love the feel. Of them both. Of course the CBs feel great, but these Pros. Sound and feel have been nailed. Especially comparing them to the 21 Pros and the little bit of extra clickiness you got there. I had TCBs last year and there's a bit more dense-ness here but it's not harsh at all and actually makes them feel a bit more responsive to me. Huge fan.
Agreed, they are so good, and blend so well together!

Well, I decided today I was going to check the gaps of my setup.

I figured I'd share, but, a few housekeeping notes first.

1) These are bent 2* strong and have DART 105 F5's in them playing 1/2" over standard. I went strong to hit windows because of my stupid swing right now.

2) I am committed in 2024 to NOT trying to hit it as far as I can anymore. 160 yard 9i's and such do me no good when I look back on my scoring, so, I'm trying for consistent more than hard, especially knowing as temps go up, I'll gain 5 or so on each club anyway. This setup is also WAY more tuned to be able to hit shots AT targets, its a new world for me.

3) I wanted to do 8 shots each club to give good sets, and I did, until the long irons when my ADHD took hold and I didn't want to quit but didn't want to do 8 shots each, so the 7, 6, 5, and Apex 23.0 UT each got ONE swing. Sorry, not sorry, I distract easily hahahaha

4) I need to adjust the 6i. This is why I do this though, and why I think everyone should, consistent LOFT gaps do not mean consistent CARRY/DISTANCE gaps! So, we adjust! I'll likely take the 6 1-1.5 degrees weak.

Anywho....I give you 11i to 4 UT chaos. :LOL:

Screenshot (282).png
Screenshot (292).png
Screenshot (293).png
Screenshot (294).png
Screenshot (295).png
Screenshot (296).png

1) These are bent 2* strong and have DART 105 F5's in them playing 1/2" over standard. I went strong to hit windows because of my stupid swing right now.

2) I am committed in 2024 to NOT trying to hit it as far as I can anymore. 160 yard 9i's and such do me no good when I look back on my scoring, so, I'm trying for consistent more than hard, especially knowing as temps go up, I'll gain 5 or so on each club anyway. This setup is also WAY more tuned to be able to hit shots AT targets, its a new world for me.

3) I wanted to do 8 shots each club to give good sets, and I did, until the long irons when my ADHD took hold and I didn't want to quit but didn't want to do 8 shots each, so the 7, 6, 5, and Apex 23.0 UT each got ONE swing. Sorry, not sorry, I distract easily hahahaha

4) I need to adjust the 6i. This is why I do this though, and why I think everyone should, consistent LOFT gaps do not mean consistent CARRY/DISTANCE gaps! So, we adjust! I'll likely take the 6 1-1.5 degrees weak.

View attachment 9253854
View attachment 9253849
View attachment 9253850
View attachment 9253851
View attachment 9253852
View attachment 9253853
My goodness I only wish I could get numbers like these. I honestly need to do a gapping session as well to see where my Apex Pro / CB combo stand. I have data on each club, but have never done it in a single session. Its raining outside with a tornado watch...maybe I should head out now.

First real scoring rounds with these irons yesterday. There were some DARTS thrown yesterday. There was also a moment in time where my swing left my irons and I had to fix it with a range session after the round. Once it was fixed, I feel like I unlocked these during the second 9 I played.

First thing about the Pros AND the CBs. Oh my god I love the feel. Of them both. Of course the CBs feel great, but these Pros. Sound and feel have been nailed. Especially comparing them to the 21 Pros and the little bit of extra clickiness you got there. I had TCBs last year and there's a bit more dense-ness here but it's not harsh at all and actually makes them feel a bit more responsive to me. Huge fan.

Turf interaction has been a point of conversation here. I had ZERO issues when I was on actual grass. Like a knife through butter every time. We still have mats out for our par 3s and they are the worst mats of all time. So I had a bit of grabbing and chunking there but from turf is perfect.

Distance/forgiveness is the last thing to touch on for now. Distance was perfection when I connected with one. I said DARTS, I meant DARTS. Firing at pins was easy when I was swinging well. Then the little hitch came in and I was missing the center. I wasn't seeing any better forgiveness than I saw with my TCBs. And by that I mean like none 😅 I will say it was windy so that, no doubt, could have eaten up some of the poor strikes. Without another round under my belt without the wind, I can't speak fully there though since I didn't see much extra help on shots I was hoping to see help on when I didn't find center. I'm not worried though. Once I fixed the little swing issue, I was dropping dimes on the range pins at the distances I wanted so who needs forgiveness when you can paint the center of the face 😜

Overall, the score and GIR stats didn't show it, but I'm happy and looking forward to more play with these moving forward!
I touched on the forgiveness aspect in my post yesterday. Well I went out again last night and had a much better experience. Played my nine and then went out for a couple extra holes for some practice. Twice I dropped balls at a specific distance to hit from.

Both sets had good strikes and not so great strikes. Dispersion from left to right was a bit wider than I’d like but front to back was shocking…I tried to get a picture but it was too dark to see what I was trying to show. Six balls all within two to three yards front to back. It was pretty nuts that the best ball and the worst ball were that close. Forgiveness is back too for the Pros and it’s exactly what I was hoping for with these over the TCBs this year!

View attachment 9253854
View attachment 9253849
View attachment 9253850
View attachment 9253851
View attachment 9253852
View attachment 9253853
That consistency is crazy sir... pure craziness that I envy.

My goodness I only wish I could get numbers like these. I honestly need to do a gapping session as well to see where my Apex Pro / CB combo stand. I have data on each club, but have never done it in a single session. Its raining outside with a tornado watch...maybe I should head out now.
My ADD toooooootally keeps me from ever finishing a full gapping session. This is as close as I’ve gotten haha

That consistency is crazy sir... pure craziness that I envy.
Not bad, I tossed 2 out of each 8 shot set, so I’m pretty pleased.

Still not happy with the swing, but I’m making it work!

Not bad, I tossed 2 out of each 8 shot set, so I’m pretty pleased.

Still not happy with the swing, but I’m making it work!

We have very different ideas of "making it work"

We have very different ideas of "making it work"
Haha, well, this move has gotten me soft capped sooooo……I’m not thrilled at the moment haha

Haha, well, this move has gotten me soft capped sooooo……I’m not thrilled at the moment haha
Coming up on the summer season for you- I'm sure you'll fix whatever is impacting ya! Either way- I'd love to see that consistency across my bag. Thanks for sharing!

Coming up on the summer season for you- I'm sure you'll fix whatever is impacting ya! Either way- I'd love to see that consistency across my bag. Thanks for sharing!
lord I hope so, or I’m chucking things in a pond 🤣

It has been beneficial for the upcoming events at the course though, I don’t know what to do with 6 pops! 🤣

I want a 4 iron now.

If you like your 5i, you'll like the 4i just as much, if not more. It's good.
I do like my 5 iron. I also put my 21 pro 4 iron in for a couple rounds and hit it pretty well. I could play that though the latest would be a daily ponder.

I do like my 5 iron. I also put my 21 pro 4 iron in for a couple rounds and hit it pretty well. I could play that though the latest would be a daily ponder.
The Pro might be the best 4i I've put in play. I want to say it is, but just need a bit more time to confirm that. For this style of iron, it is so easy to hit. It's versatile off the tee, and I have been very accurate with it too.

I want a 4 iron now.
That thought has crossed my mind several times…but the club I have in that spot is 🔥.

The way they went with the 4i & 5i face is game changing for those that play longer irons.

That thought has crossed my mind several times…but the club I have in that spot is 🔥.

The way they went with the 4i & 5i face is game changing for those that play longer irons.
So true. Love what they did with the different construction in the Pros. The long irons are relatively easy to launch without getting too high. They blend in so well with the rest of the set, and provide a forgiving overall package, considering the category they fall in.

So true. Love what they did with the different construction in the Pros. The long irons are relatively easy to launch without getting too high. They blend in so well with the rest of the set, and provide a forgiving overall package, considering the category they fall in.
This right here! Not to mention they are hot off the face!!!

I caved. Not like I wasn't going to eventually, but I did today.
Apex Pro 3-7
Apex Pro CB 8-10 - 1° strong
All 2° up, Project X LZ 6.0

Between trade bait and Callaway points, they're a little less than half.

Apex Pro 3-7

Nice combo! Can't wait to hear how they play for you!

Apex Pro 3-7

Heck yes. Can't wait for you to get these in hand.

Great day on the course after the previously posted gapping session yesterday.

The windows are there, and I'm able now to hit a lot of the little flighted partial swings I enjoy, and do it confidently. Its not all about full swinging every time, I'm trying to get away from that.

Rockstar was the UT. That thing is a WEAPON on my course from the tees we play membership events at, I can honestly hit it a lot more, and probably should.

I wish I could redo my purchase here.

Heck yes. Can't wait for you to get these in hand.
Temper your expectations. I'm not the long iron player I used to be last time we played. That was a long time ago.

Back