Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

I was looking over my shots gained on Shot Scope and have seen a noticeable improvement in the 150-200 gain. I was happy and comfortable with my previous set, so I am a bit surprised to see this much of an improvement. I am also seeing an uptick in greens hit percentage of 8% on approach shots and proximity has gotten better.

Seeing the results on the course verifies what I have seen on the LM. I was looking over some stats from a session a few weeks ago and the consistency in the spin, carry, and ball speed has been impressive. For my 7i there was only a 303 RPM difference in spin from the highest to lowest spinning shot. Launch angle difference was only .4.

So just finished up with a gapping session and let’s say I have a mixed feeling about things. Distance wise I’m not really concerned because these are weaker lofts than my previous gamers. Gapping is for the most part good…those PW numbers below an anomaly. As I’ve mentioned before I seem to hit the CB’s with better results than the Pro irons. Dispersion with CB’s is fantastic. The Pro dispersion is much larger although something that I can live with. I’m not giving up on the Pro’s just yet and will continue to work with them along with my swing.
View attachment 9254334
Do you think it was contact that caused the gaps? Could lofts be off?

Do you think it was contact that caused the gaps? Could lofts be off?
I think it was more swing being off. I will be running another session soon after the shoulder heals

Now that I’m swinging freely I can feel and see the difference with the Pro and CBs. It’s not a drastic difference. Slightly firmer. The launch appears a little higher but not much. Appears to be a 12-15 yard gap between 8 and 9 on the split set.

Combo set engaged

apex pro 24 9i, PW, AW.
20240409_183606.jpg

Apex CB 24 9i, 10i, 11i
20240409_183640.jpg

20240409_183755.jpg

20240409_183800.jpg

20240409_183811.jpg

side by side comparison
Apex Pro 24 9i-A vs Apex CB 24 9i-11i

Apex Pro 24 9i vs Apex CB 24 9i
20240409_192539.jpg

Apex Pro 24 PW vs Apex CB 24 10i
20240409_192629.jpg

Apex Pro 24 AW vs Apex CB 24 11i
20240409_192728.jpg

Looking down comparison
Apex Pro 24 9i-A vs Apex CB 24 9i-11i

20240409_193345.jpg
20240409_193739.jpg

20240409_193944.jpg
20240409_194033.jpg

20240409_194455.jpg

20240409_194807.jpg

Oh heck yeah!!! Let’s go. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the CB’s.
I'll do a shoot out later with them vs pros but combo set will be at Briggs Ranch.

I'll do a shoot out later with them vs pros but combo set will be at Briggs Ranch.
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Same here sir. I thought the 21 Apex pros would still be in the bag but now it's a 24 pro/cb combo.
Well I knew you got the 24 pros already. Why the CB purchase?

Another good day with the CB. And still seeing incredible turf interaction. Also continue to be impressed with the distance control. Haven’t seen any fliers. I will see distance loss on those that I flip my hands on, which is to be expected.

I’m not seeing any tendency for the ball to move one way or the other. I play a little cut and my misses tend to be out on the right than the left.

Well I knew you got the 24 pros already. Why the CB purchase?
Mainly for 10/11 but added the 9i too. I will test the Pro vs CB against each other later. *first combo set too.

Mainly for 10/11 but added the 9i too. I will test the Pro vs CB against each other later. *first combo set too.
So strictly for the 10/11? I did that too. But you already had the PW and GW so how were they playing for you? If you threw the 9i too, something must have made you want them

I held on to the 9-11 irons from the CBs. Just love the way they feel and the ability to play a variety of shots. I can say the 7 and 8 irons are faster off the face and have a slower climb to peak height.

So strictly for the 10/11? I did that too. But you already had the PW and GW so how were they playing for you? If you threw the 9i too, something must have made you want them
I got the pro 24 set used with 4-A for a great deal. I only have about 4 rounds on them. Weather hasn't been great. I don't I even think I hit the 9 or PW. I wanted the 10/11 so I bought them.
The pros/cb have the same mmt95s shaft so I can do apples/apples comparison.

So good isn't it?!
It's very nice.
Oh yes!!! Have you hit them yet!!! Can’t wait for us to have to 10 irons on one cart!!!
Hit them into the screen after work. Initial results are straighter, and maybe a club shorter than where I was with my old irons when I was hitting them well. However, that makes them longer than my old irons I played last weekend. I'll need some more work to nail down gapping and see how they react on the course with a new ball.

Another good day with the CB. And still seeing incredible turf interaction. Also continue to be impressed with the distance control. Haven’t seen any fliers. I will see distance loss on those that I flip my hands on, which is to be expected.

I’m not seeing any tendency for the ball to move one way or the other. I play a little cut and my misses tend to be out on the right than the left.
That is one thing I’ve noticed also is the distance Control with the CBs has been wildly consistent . I don’t have to question if I hit a good one is it gonna soar… I know my max distance and then if I mishit lose couple yards!

No real reason behind this other than just because but I kind of want a 10 and 11 iron.

Back