Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I finally had a chance to play a full round with the TourBX mindset ball. Well, it works. Especially off the tee for me. I hit 11 fairways, and the 3 misses were not that bad. I find that it keeps me from letting swing thoughts get in the way, and just trust the swing. Prior to using the mindset process I would have too many swing thoughts as I stood over the ball, which definitely affected my performance. Today I would visualize first, step up and swing without double-guessing if I had everything right.

Overall shots from the fairway benefited as well, but not to the same degree. And honestly I didn't go thru the whole process on the green; I generally play my putts by instinct and already have a quick visualization. I guess you could call it an abbreviated mindset process. 30 putts today using my regular routine, so I was happy with that.

I'm sold. Looking forward to future rounds with it.

I find that it keeps me from letting swing thoughts get in the way
Swing thoughts - I have so many that when I do hit a good shot, I don't know which one was responsible for it! I got picked elsewhere to test these balls out, and I'm anxious to receive them and get started to see if they really can make a difference for me.

After listening to off course and loving Bridgestone balls. I bought some RX mind set balls. Looking forward to trying it out

We can’t wait to hear your feedback !

Swing thoughts - I have so many that when I do hit a good shot, I don't know which one was responsible for it! I got picked elsewhere to test these balls out, and I'm anxious to receive them and get started to see if they really can make a difference for me.

They will 💯 make a difference if you follow the process. Emptying my brain over the ball has been so refreshing. I’ve had way less blow up holes and have saved strokes on each round.

Just because you got selected elsewhere doesn’t mean you can’t leave feedback here too.

IMG_1226.jpegIMG_1225.jpeg

Yesterday was far from a great scoring round, but continuing to see Mindset become a solidified part of my game. I'm consistently seeing misses minimized as I'm being intentional with picking a target area and visualizing the shot as it has already happened. My technical game is in shambles, yet my mental game is keeping me in play.

One highlight from yesterday: Hole #7 (478 yd; Par 5) - I hit good drive, but caught a tree and dropped straight down. Played my second shot into the fairway, 107 yds out. Pin was tucked on the front-left edge, just beyond a ridge. I decided to go at the pin, picked my target area, visualized the shot, and took my swing. Because of the tucked pin I knew it was close, but couldn't see how close until I walked up to the green. Seeing the Mindset logo staring right back at me was a great reminder to trust the process. Easiest birdie in recent memory...after my tee shot hitting the tree left me in a bad spot.

These get their first on course experience over the next few days. I’m really curious. I’ve been working indoors with them and trying to engrain the process into the pre shot routine. What will be telling is how that stays or goes as I get into the round.

These get their first on course experience over the next few days. I’m really curious. I’ve been working indoors with them and trying to engrain the process into the pre shot routine. What will be telling is how that stays or goes as I get into the round.

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

Man I love to hear that!!
It was kind of weird, would be walking up to the ball chatting with the other guys. Id see it and be reminded I need to focus. Also after going through where I lost shots yesterday, it was a lot easier to decide what was a mental error vs mechanical

I typically aim my tee shot using a line on the ball, and also line up short putts with one. So I went ahead and added a line to give it a try next time i play.

View attachment 9257558
I'm thinking, when I get mine, I'll add some green dots with a Sharpie to have a specific spot to focus on when the Bridgestone graphic itself can't be seen.

IMG_1760.jpeg

Putting MindSet to the test by intentionally making or missing putts….

Episode 2 Wait GIF by ABC Network

It was an unreal experience this morning. I picked anywhere from 3’ to 10’ straight putts that were uphill. I did the 3 step process but I visualized hitting them short, left, right, die in cup and long. I didn’t do the same putt two times in a row. The results were amazing. My body did what my mind visualized…

3’ putts
Short 5/5
Left edge 4/5 (one rolled in)
Right edge 5/5
Die in cup 3/5 (made the other two)
Long 5/5 (all went in but would have gone over for sure)

6’ putts
Short 5/5
Left edge 4/5 (one rolled in)
Right edge 4/5 (one rolled in)
Die in cup 3/5 (2 on line, but short)
Long 4/5 (missed one left)

8’ putts
Short 5/5
Left edge 3/5 (one rolled in and 1 went too far left)
Right edge 3/5 (one rolled in and 1 went too far right)
Die in cup 3/5 (2 on line but short)
Long 4/5 (missed one right)

10’ putts
Short 4/5 (made one 😂)
Left edge 3/5 (one rolled in and 1 went too far left)
Right edge 3/5 (one rolled in and 1 went too far right)
Die in cup 3/5 (2 on line but short)
Long 4/5 (missed one left)

Last edited:
Playing again tomorrow and should have the Mindset ball in play for all 18 holes.

I still haven't gotten around to doing a side-by-side comparison of the Tour B RXS and the RX, I have both, the RX aren't Mindset, but I really want to compare the two. In the past when I used a premium Bridgestone ball it was always the RX, but I got the RXS for this testing and I'm really liking it. I'll get around to hitting them both sometime soon and share my thoughts here.

Man, I was focused on the green dot but also thinking when over the ball. My driving reflected that as I didn't find a fairway all day. I need to get back into the process. I think I lost focus with the prior confidence and let myself get out of the process.

Man, I was focused on the green dot but also thinking when over the ball. My driving reflected that as I didn't find a fairway all day. I need to get back into the process. I think I lost focus with the prior confidence and let myself get out of the process.
I'm glad you mentioned this @Scooby45 because i'm in a similar spot. I believe my successes with Mindset lulled me into a false sense of security. My last couple of rounds, I found myself to be much less intentional with my 3-step process, overall, and have suffered because of it. When I walked through the process I saw much better success than when I was lazy and half-assed (or worse) the process.

I also noticed that while I had little issue remaining intentional when using the non-Mindset version of the ball initially, over the past couple rounds there is drastic difference in my percentage of intentional, focused shots with the non-Mindset version versus when using the Mindset version.

So I have been working in incorporating mindset into my game on the indoor front and this week really provided me a great opportunity to be out on the course and see how it went. I would absolutely love to come in here and say it went great and I was committed to it every shot which lead to some fantastic results. I just can’t do that. It was really easy to revert to my normal pre shot and pre thought routine…even when the logo was visible. I wouldn’t expect for things to be engrained and automatic with the whole 3 step process, and it wasn’t. More golf coming in the near future to see if we can help make it work for my mind.

As for the ball though RXS is pretty darn good. As someone with an avg to slightly above avg swing speed I get some good speed, launch, height, spin, and distance with it. Also enjoy how it feels on wedge shots as well as putts. It’s a good ball…and mindset means I don’t have to carry a sharpie.

League night again tonight and the Mindset RX will be in play. Gonna give @hadi05 suggestion of closing my eyes to visualize the shot a go tonight, see if that helps.

So I have been working in incorporating mindset into my game on the indoor front and this week really provided me a great opportunity to be out on the course and see how it went. I would absolutely love to come in here and say it went great and I was committed to it every shot which lead to some fantastic results. I just can’t do that. It was really easy to revert to my normal pre shot and pre thought routine…even when the logo was visible. I wouldn’t expect for things to be engrained and automatic with the whole 3 step process, and it wasn’t. More golf coming in the near future to see if we can help make it work for my mind.

As for the ball though RXS is pretty darn good. As someone with an avg to slightly above avg swing speed I get some good speed, launch, height, spin, and distance with it. Also enjoy how it feels on wedge shots as well as putts. It’s a good ball…and mindset means I don’t have to carry a sharpie.
There's probably something related to having more to think about when you're out on the course vs. indoors. It definitely took me a few rounds with it before I felt like I was doing it more naturally. It probably is also a little more challenging as you guys are doing some live posting, playing shambles, etc. out there which has a lot more going on than perhaps a solo round.

It’s amazing to see just how easy and also how much effort the process requires. The more I play, the more I realize the benefits of having the MindSet visual reminder. I’ve even gone so far to have an extra ball in my pocket and I’ll get it out from time to time to help me recenter.

League night again tonight and the Mindset RX will be in play. Gonna give @hadi05 suggestion of closing my eyes to visualize the shot a go tonight, see if that helps.

Let’s go!

Another good outing today with the Mindset ball, played a course down in the valley that I really like but don't play often anymore because it's over an hour away. Played the Mindset ball the whole round, lost another one, one of those where we're walking around the rough knowing it's gotta be right here, but never found it. I did find myself slipping on sticking with the process on occasion, even with the Mindset ball, but I'm pretty sure I can lay that on it being a much more social round than normal for me. Played with three friends that I haven't played with in a really long time, and although the socializing didn't affect my play that much, I did realize several times after a shot that I had kind of blown through the 3-steps without being really committed to the whole process.

I think I'll be getting my net set up tomorrow, which means finally getting some time with the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro too. I haven't spent any time with the Mindset during full swing practice yet, so that will be interesting. It will also be an opportunity to try the RXS and RX balls side-by-side, which I'm really looking forward to, as I've always really liked the RX, but hitting the RXS during this Mindset testing has been really good.

Alright so had League last night with the Mindset RX in play. I've documented my struggles with visualization and @hadi05 had suggested closing my eyes while attempting to as it had helped him. So that is what I went with last night, I gathered my information behind the ball, picked out a target, closed my eyes and tried to visualize the shot I wanted. I will say closing my eyes did help, I would say I was successful in visualizing the shot on about 1/2 of my shots that I attempted. I tried on all tee shots and was successful each time except one. Closing my eyes and visualizing the shot helped clear out the noise and I was able to simply focus on the shot, really stepping up without the running internal dialogue and just focusing on the green dot. The one time I wasn't able to do it I wasn't feeling comfortable and should have stepped away, but didn't and it resulted in my worst tee shot of the day. Overall I really like the process. I do think the process helps and will continue to try to improve on it.

Back