Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I was able to get out yesterday morning for 27 holes. I teed off on #1 at 8:30am and it was 43* w/25+ mph winds, so the course was almost empty.

My swing is continuing to improve, but wasted shots are still a part of my golf game. Across 27 holes, I did finally have two holes on which I saw back-to-back wasted shots for the first time in a few weeks but was consistently able to re-center and keep from compounding. I had my first (and only) 3-putt on hole 17 and am seeing Mindset having taken hold of my pre-shot process. My confidence over putts, which I attribute to the 3-step Mindset process (the only change to my putting game), is as high as I can remember it ever being. When looking at strokes gained (putting) across the last five rounds vs 2023: 2023 - Putting SG (+.54), 10-20 ft (+.97), and 20-30 ft (+.47); Last five rounds - Putting SG (+2.63), 10-20 ft (+2.57), and 20-30 ft (+1.54).

I am continuing to see my confidence grow and my swing thoughts diminish. Is Mindset a magic pill? I still say "no", but it has proven to be a highly beneficial addition to my golf game.

Recently, I purchased a dozen tour b rx to try out since they were on sale. If they work well for me I will be investing in the newer mindset. I like the idea.

Lots of great info on them here.

I’ve been using the back of the ball as my “green dot” once I’m off the tee. The l pointed whichever way serves as my reminder while the back of the ball gives me a focal point.

Same here! Great stuff @Scooby45

I was able to get out yesterday morning for 27 holes. I teed off on #1 at 8:30am and it was 43* w/25+ mph winds, so the course was almost empty.

My swing is continuing to improve, but wasted shots are still a part of my golf game. Across 27 holes, I did finally have two holes on which I saw back-to-back wasted shots for the first time in a few weeks but was consistently able to re-center and keep from compounding. I had my first (and only) 3-putt on hole 17 and am seeing Mindset having taken hold of my pre-shot process. My confidence over putts, which I attribute to the 3-step Mindset process (the only change to my putting game), is as high as I can remember it ever being. When looking at strokes gained (putting) across the last five rounds vs 2023: 2023 - Putting SG (+.54), 10-20 ft (+.97), and 20-30 ft (+.47); Last five rounds - Putting SG (+2.63), 10-20 ft (+2.57), and 20-30 ft (+1.54).

I am continuing to see my confidence grow and my swing thoughts diminish. Is Mindset a magic pill? I still say "no", but it has proven to be a highly beneficial addition to my golf game.

This is great stuff right here. Proof is in the numbers for you. We can’t expect perfection because of MindSet, but we hope to gain mental toughness and a new perspective to help us shoot lower scores. This seems to be happening for you 💯 along with many other testers!

Very good day today with the Mindset ball. I'm really liking the Tour B RXS, and I was able to use the Mindset ball for the entire round at the course I played today. I like the graphic on the ball, but I'm sure that I won't really need it long term. Using it today was fun, but I was starting to find that I really don't need the reminder all that often, the 3-step process is really becoming automatic.

It was a beautiful day, nice to be able to wear shorts and short sleeves again, and no cart-path-only. Fairways and greens are firming up, even the bunkers were dry. I wasn't at my home course, it had snow just a few days ago, so it's still pretty wet, instead I went down to the valley where conditions were so much better. I think the combination of the Mindset ball and the great conditions had me in a very good frame of mind, as I hit plenty of poor shots, but pretty much recovered immediately after all of them.

Here's a photo of an approach that turned out really well, the Mindset graphic was bottom left on this lie, I thought it might show up in the photo, it didn't, and I couldn't see it at address. I hit a nice lob wedge from here to the front edge of the green, leaving a 12' uphill putt, which I burned the edge on.

20240409_214252.jpg

Very good day today with the Mindset ball. I'm really liking the Tour B RXS, and I was able to use the Mindset ball for the entire round at the course I played today. I like the graphic on the ball, but I'm sure that I won't really need it long term. Using it today was fun, but I was starting to find that I really don't need the reminder all that often, the 3-step process is really becoming automatic.

It was a beautiful day, nice to be able to wear shorts and short sleeves again, and no cart-path-only. Fairways and greens are firming up, even the bunkers were dry. I wasn't at my home course, it had snow just a few days ago, so it's still pretty wet, instead I went down to the valley where conditions were so much better. I think the combination of the Mindset ball and the great conditions had me in a very good frame of mind, as I hit plenty of poor shots, but pretty much recovered immediately after all of them.

Here's a photo of an approach that turned out really well, the Mindset graphic was bottom left on this lie, I thought it might show up in the photo, it didn't, and I couldn't see it at address. I hit a nice lob wedge from here to the front edge of the green, leaving a 12' uphill putt, which I burned the edge on.

View attachment 9255925
On that last photo, do you think just the fact you were looking for the logo was a trigger to keep you in the right frame of mind to hit that shot?

I had a nice little realization at the driving range a couple days ago: I am utilizing Mindset on the range. I had worked my way through about half of my large bucket before I realized that I was walking through the same 3-step Mindset process that I do on the course, without doing so intentionally. No numbers or stats to share on this one, but only the realization that Mindset has bled into my practice and preparation and has continued making me a more intentional golfer in every area of my game (on AND off course).

On that last photo, do you think just the fact you were looking for the logo was a trigger to keep you in the right frame of mind to hit that shot?
I don't know, maybe? I was thinking mostly that I could see it from where I took the picture, and thought it would show up in the photo, but yeah, I think that knowing it's there is still helping me stay with the process. I've played some rounds where I didn't use the Mindset ball on every hole, and although I'm pretty sure I was catching myself when I'd almost skip one of the steps, it was usually when I was using another ball when I caught myself. So I'd say having the graphic is still helping, but I really don't think I'll need it long-term.

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and doing a lot of reading regarding athletics and visualization. There is a lot of really good information on it and it's success. Many elite athletes have been looking for a edge and visualization has come onto the scene with more prominence. This is due to performance data (neurological and actual performance by athlete). There are a lot of other benefits as well like reduced stress and anxiety by the athlete as well.

This is why I was asking @JB the other day about if he was visualizing the shots or not. Personally, I am seeing a higher level of success when I visualize the shot. This is actually very hard for me as my brain doesn't work that way under normal circumstances.

Here is an interesting read on the topic.

Visualization for Athletes

I had a nice little realization at the driving range a couple days ago: I am utilizing Mindset on the range. I had worked my way through about half of my large bucket before I realized that I was walking through the same 3-step Mindset process that I do on the course, without doing so intentionally. No numbers or stats to share on this one, but only the realization that Mindset has bled into my practice and preparation and has continued making me a more intentional golfer in every area of my game (on AND off course).

This will take your game to a whole new level. When we have certain parts of our practice that follow along with what we do on the course, it can be a real game changer.

I was able to put these in play last night during my 9 hole league. I'm still finding that I am not good at visualizing shots, it's just not something I can do. I am benefitting by selecting a more specific target on my shots before stepping in. The biggest difference that I am experiencing is still on the putting green where I place the ball with the mindset logo with the arrow pointing towards my target and the green dot on the back top of the ball, and I focus on that green dot from the time I stand over my putt, til after the ball has been struck and gone. This is helping to keep me from lifting up during the putt to see the results early, which I believe is helping my putting stroke.

I was able to put these in play last night during my 9 hole league. I'm still finding that I am not good at visualizing shots, it's just not something I can do. I am benefitting by selecting a more specific target on my shots before stepping in. The biggest difference that I am experiencing is still on the putting green where I place the ball with the mindset logo with the arrow pointing towards my target and the green dot on the back top of the ball, and I focus on that green dot from the time I stand over my putt, til after the ball has been struck and gone. This is helping to keep me from lifting up during the putt to see the results early, which I believe is helping my putting stroke.

I struggle at times too with visualization. There are days I can do it and others I just can’t. One thing I’ve found which helps me is closing my eyes and seeing the shot play out in my mind. I think when my eyes are open I’m still subconsciously processing my surroundings.

Is there any interest from the community on me doing a range session following the MindSet process vs not and collecting some data via my MEVO+?

Is there any interest from the community on me doing a range session following the MindSet process vs not and collecting some data via my MEVO+?
Yep!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in here that took the time to try and use the mindset premise without using the visual reminder and taking the time to write up about it! I’m even more intrigued in trying these than I was before.

In the spirit of transparency: I’ve shared all the positive surrounding my time reviewing Mindset, but I need to share my first less than positive experience. Last night was rough. Really rough. Tee to green. I just didn’t have it and no amount of visualization brought me back. I hit a great drive on #1, equatored a 56* (seemingly) 481 yds over the green and OB, tripled the hole and never got out of that funk.

I legitimately tried going through my 3-step process throughout the next 17 holes, but was never able to clear my mind and reset. I did hit a few great shots over the round, but was never in a good place mentally

If baseball ends soon enough, I’ll play in our club’s Thursday night scramble this evening and try to right my mindset.

Tonight something incredible happened while practicing the MindSet philosophy while chopping with the Tour B X.

We were practicing chips where the hole is 10 yds away and down hill when on the green. We both committed to the MondSet process and closed our eyes to visualize the shot in the 2nd step. The results were outstanding. He calmed down a bunch and got into a zone. He never got frustrated or upset and we did this for an hour which is a very long time for him. Many of his shots were like this in the video and he made a few too.

For me my chipping tips went away. I holed 5 chips. In this video I actually chipped with my eyes closed and did very well. I did this for a while and holed 2 more chips and never bladed one… absolutely crazy!

Yes!

Last edited:
Interesting day on the course with the Mindset ball yesterday. Beautiful day on my home course, finally drying out, no more cart-path-only, and actually getting a little run out on some of the fairways. I used the Mindset ball for the whole round, this one is starting to show some wear, so I wasn't too worried about losing it, so of course I didn't. As I've said a few times now, the 3-step process is starting to be somewhat automatic, especially when I am using the Mindset ball, well I found an exception to that yesterday. The pace of play was about as bad as it gets for this course. Playing mid-week afternoons here is usually a well paced round, usually even the worst case is a touch over four hours, but yesterday was over five hours. I found that in my impatience, and frustration over having to wait before every shot, I was letting that interfere with going through the 3-steps. I usually caught myself, and would reset and start over, but there were at least a few times that I caught myself after I'd taken my shot.

So there's still work to do to get this fully ingrained, which I do intend to do, as I see a definite benefit from it. Using the Mindset ball definitely keeps me on track better than when playing without it. Now I just need to work on not letting annoying outside issues from getting into my head, like ridiculously slow play.

Interesting day on the course with the Mindset ball yesterday. Beautiful day on my home course, finally drying out, no more cart-path-only, and actually getting a little run out on some of the fairways. I used the Mindset ball for the whole round, this one is starting to show some wear, so I wasn't too worried about losing it, so of course I didn't. As I've said a few times now, the 3-step process is starting to be somewhat automatic, especially when I am using the Mindset ball, well I found an exception to that yesterday. The pace of play was about as bad as it gets for this course. Playing mid-week afternoons here is usually a well paced round, usually even the worst case is a touch over four hours, but yesterday was over five hours. I found that in my impatience, and frustration over having to wait before every shot, I was letting that interfere with going through the 3-steps. I usually caught myself, and would reset and start over, but there were at least a few times that I caught myself after I'd taken my shot.

So there's still work to do to get this fully ingrained, which I do intend to do, as I see a definite benefit from it. Using the Mindset ball definitely keeps me on track better than when playing without it. Now I just need to work on not letting annoying outside issues from getting into my head, like ridiculously slow play.

I agree that following the 3 step process is easy when things are rolling along. When they aren’t the MindSet Tour B X is a great safety net for me to reset and refocus.

After listening to off course and loving Bridgestone balls. I bought some RX mind set balls. Looking forward to trying it out

I played my first full round yesterday with a different ball than the Mindset. Just wanted to sort of benchmark how much the Mindset process has carried over into my permanent mental game irrespective of the ball.

Overall, seems like I’ve gotten to the point where the three step process has become a more natural part of my routine. I’m thinking less about having to do it, and it is just happening. There are times when I’ve had a blow up hole or extremely terrible shot where I need to really remember to go back to the 3 step process to reset (this is where the visual cues I think are still helpful for now), but I’ve been able to make it work.

It takes a lot of practice and repetition to train the mental game and it’s pretty cool to see results of Mindset even when the logo is may not be there.

I played the RX mindset in my round today. I don’t think I did all the steps correctly. But I will say every time i saw it I reminded myself to visualize the shot. Shot low round of the year. Going to keep rolling with it I think

I played the RX mindset in my round today. I don’t think I did all the steps correctly. But I will say every time i saw it I reminded myself to visualize the shot. Shot low round of the year. Going to keep rolling with it I think
Man I love to hear that!!

Back