Best Iron Finish?

I like raw finish. I'm sure this will not be the most popular answer lol

Callaway Apex satin for what is accessible to me. If I could pick anything, it would be black satin. I couldn't care less that it wears. I actually like that even more. Adds soooo much style to a club and would choose it ever single time if I had the chance (or if it came out at the same time and not as a later release like everyone does these days)

i loved the cobra dbm finish from the rickie irons, and wedges. still felt great to me.

I love a smoke or black finish..........but it tends to wear off.

The Apex matte finish was great too...............I miss my Apex DCB's I played a couple years ago, great looking irons.

The Satin on the Callaway Apex line is the standard I hold all other clubs to. There was a no better finish in my opinion.

I grew up with chrome so it doesn't bother me. I do like the look of satin but I don't like the look of black irons. The blue Mizuno looks interesting but I haven't had one in my hands so I won't comment on those. The copper look was good IMO, going back to the Pint Eye2 Beryllium Copper but I never played them.

Satin Chrome.. Satin to bring the glare down and Chrome for harness and wear properties.

I love a smoke or black finish..........but it tends to wear off.

The Apex matte finish was great too...............I miss my Apex DCB's I played a couple years ago, great looking irons.
I wanted to say black, because I really like mine but it's the long term that made me go a different route. If the question was what's the best looking, you've got the Minuzo blue, the copper ones and black - but none hold up as well (seemingly) as the satin style ones.

For 2024 it’s darkspeed without a doubt. The pewter type color is so good and I bet it doesn’t wear as much as some of the other more exotic finishes from this year.

The copper from Cobra a few years ago was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't own any so I can't speak to how well it held up. That was one of my favorites as it reminded me of my BeCu Ping Eye2 irons.

I like satin the best. The finish on my 2019 Forged Tec was excellent

A brushed satin. I don’t like the glossy/mirror glare, but love how the satin wears and shows war scars

In general I like the satin and a more brushed look.

The Copper Forged Tecs I had did wear but they wore a lot better than the Mizuno Denim Copper wedges. After 3 rounds and some range sessions the copper on the sole was completely gone.

I prefer a satin finish. I don't like any kind of chrome finish.

Probably my inner raven, but I’m partial to chrome irons. Close second is a nice satin finish.

I'm a satin guy by nature, to me, it is the best of all worlds in looks and longevity.

There are TWO that I put above all others in that category, Callaway and PING.

PING irons don't look beaten up after years and years of use.

I'd have to give the nod to Ping's HydroPearl finish.

PING irons don't look beaten up after years and years of use.
For the most part, they’ve effed it up a few times over the years and had to replace sets for people.

I actually think the Edel SMS is up with Callaway there.
I was cleaning my clubs Saturday night and would echo this. After a year of heavy play the Edel SMS still looked great after a quick wash

Satin finish for me

Satin finish is my favorite. Not only does it look good, but it has just a touch less glare which is huge for me. I have sensitive eyes and the glare can trigger migraines in the middle of a round which sucks.

Satin, for overall looks and how well it wears. I like some other colors when new, but not after some use. So for me it begins and ends with satin.

Satin has become my favorite on irons as it always looks nice. I do love the copper color and the blue Mizuno uses also.

I dig a satin finish, nothing worse than a huge glare on something shiny

That being said I'll also always be a fan of a raw finish. I've always appreciated how it changes over time and almost a symbol of practicing and using the club shows as the dull gray turns. Not always the most popular but I dig it. Those raw TCB's on tour are dynamite

Back