Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

Curious when BH might release new gear….

I think I am going to throw these back in the bag for my next round!

I think you are on the right track with a ball change or I'd suggest bending them strong. I don't think a shaft change will give you the spin difference you want. Those are all pretty different profiles as well.
Yeah, bending them strong is probably my best bet. However I like to tinker haha. Did some more research on the modus and it doesn't sound quite like what I'm after. My 8 iron did have the shaft break so I'm going to try out the PX and see if I like how it plays.

BH seems to be on a 3 year cycle. PTX Pros were released April 2019, so they should be due.

BH seems to be on a 3 year cycle. PTX Pros were released April 2019, so they should be due.

Well wouldn’t that be something! Now I’m intrigued….

I think I am going to throw these back in the bag for my next round!

I walked past mine last night and was thinking the same. I always enjoy taking them out.

I wanna regrip mine with some Aligns. Been dragging my feet on it, but it will be done!

You guys are seeing the same thing I did with my original PTX irons - great clubs, great feel…but man if you play in some wind their high spin profile is a real problem

if you play in some wind their high spin profile is a real problem

These were a fair bit higher spinning than the irons I played before them. But I had an easier time flighting the ball down to a more piercing flight than before or since.

When I was striking the ball pretty decently, these clubs felt amazing - a solid, dense feel at impact. When I was a tad off, the forgiveness in them was far better than what I expected. Great clubs.

I walked past mine last night and was thinking the same. I always enjoy taking them out.
PTX Pro vs. PTX Pro when we face off! Will be fun to see what those can do in the hands of a competent golfer 😆

Discussions last fall didn't make it seem like ptx pro replacements were imminent. Though other things were.

PTX Pro vs. PTX Pro when we face off! Will be fun to see what those can do in the hands of a competent golfer 😆

I like this - I want to see those custom recoils from Hammock 🔥

Also 😂

Yeah, bending them strong is probably my best bet. However I like to tinker haha. Did some more research on the modus and it doesn't sound quite like what I'm after. My 8 iron did have the shaft break so I'm going to try out the PX and see if I like how it plays.
Oh I get the tinkering all too well lol. Let us know how the shaft change goes.

These obviously aren't the Pros but I picked up this almost mint set a couple weeks back for what I thought was a heck of a price. It's still one of my favorite sets of irons ever and I couldn't pass it up. I still need to hit the new version though.
5EAB0918-94FD-483A-A831-D289D9148562.jpeg

These obviously aren't the Pros but I picked up this almost mint set a couple weeks back for what I thought was a heck of a price. It's still one of my favorite sets of irons ever and I couldn't pass it up. I still need to hit the new version though.
View attachment 9081620
I still think those are some great looking irons.

Been having a string of bad luck golfing recently (weather, allergies, and injuries) that extended to today where I tweaked my back testing out the PTxPro against my set of p770/7mc irons. Not bad enough to leave the range but I'm hoping it will not keep me from my round on Tuesday. Rotten luck.

Took out the 8, 9, 5 & 6 irons of each for a small head-to-head. I'm digging the PTxPros as my gamers this year but I do miss how much better feeling the Taylormades are. Both the 770 and 7mc irons feel softer on flushed and mishit shots. Both irons fly pretty much the same distance, but the TM's really get up in the air. I would not want to play them on a windy day.

The PTxPro, on the other hand, cut through the air like a knife through butter. I can get them to go right to left, left to right, etc. The 770s refuse to do anything but right to left (I can also pull off right to way further right) and the 7mc can do it all as well. Even though the PTxPro are the harder feeling of the 2 sets, the dispersion of shots seem to be tighter than the TM's. It's easy to confuse soft with forgiving, but it doesn't necessarily mean the ball is ending up where I want it, I guess.

I'm excited to get a full season in with the PTxPros. The more I play them, the more confident I am they're helping me get me more GIRs.

I've never really thought I cared much about iron "feel".

Pulled these out for a bit to play OL again, and I kinda miss them.

The forged feel and easy of workability is a lot of fun.

This makes me want to combo with my PTxPros and Forged Tec X

I’ll have to dust them off post MC!

Back