This would happen on my old Rovic/V2 cart. Seems like I was "mashing" the keys so much, the m/b couldn't handle it. I slowed down and it stopped happening.
Not sure I understand your mashing the keys comment. I just used the remote to go from the 17th green to the 18th tee box. Then, just like I have done for 14 rounds, I pressed the forward button to leave. But nothing on the remote worked. I switched to manual and back - still nothing. So I used console knob to move under power without the remote. Once I got to my drive I tried again and the remote operated normally.

Not sure I understand your mashing the keys comment. I just used the remote to go from the 17th green to the 18th tee box. Then, just like I have done for 14 rounds, I pressed the forward button to leave. But nothing on the remote worked. I switched to manual and back - still nothing. So I used console knob to move under power without the remote. Once I got to my drive I tried again and the remote operated normally.
In my case, I was constantly pressing the keys (left,right,left,right,speed up,slow down etc.) and I'm thinking that might have overloaded the m/b. It couldn't handle that many commands that quickly. I would just wait a while and the remote would start working again.

Anyone use their cart with light rain or wet conditions? How does it hold up? Planning to play this weekend but light rain on the forecast, so not sure if I want to take out the cart if it can’t handle it well.

Anyone use their cart with light rain or wet conditions? How does it hold up? Planning to play this weekend but light rain on the forecast, so not sure if I want to take out the cart if it can’t handle it well.
Played in rain several times. Nothing heavy. No problems.

Surely the Volt is designed to be used in conditions in which golf is often played.

Surely the Volt is designed to be used in conditions in which golf is often played.
I was just concerned the tires don’t seem to have good traction compared to other carts like an mgi. If the cart is going to be slipping frequently or require being hand guided throughout the entire round, I’d probably just prefer to carry.

I was just concerned the tires don’t seem to have good traction compared to other carts like an mgi. If the cart is going to be slipping frequently or require being hand guided throughout the entire round, I’d probably just prefer to carry.
Ah. I thought you may be worried about water intrusion and the electronics.

Ah. I thought you may be worried about water intrusion and the electronics.
Yeah the wheels are quite thin and not sure how they hold up in wet conditions. That was my main concern with the cart being difficult to use/navigate.

Not on purpose I played a round today without the remote control. I charged it the night before and left it on the counter. Using the Volt without the remote was not a good experience. Adjusting speed with the knob had to be done constantly to find a comfortable pace. Too fast caused the 4th wheel to engage and too slow was, too slow. It was a lot of extra work to navigate the course which had a lot of ruts and bumps along the way. It really pointed out how light the Volt is. Was like holding on to a bucking bronco. This was the first day I have questioned getting rid of my MGI ZIP Nav AT. I did occasionally try it in Manual mode. Not ideal, but it worked.

Not on purpose I played a round today without the remote control. I charged it the night before and left it on the counter. Using the Volt without the remote was not a good experience. Adjusting speed with the knob had to be done constantly to find a comfortable pace. Too fast caused the 4th wheel to engage and too slow was, too slow. It was a lot of extra work to navigate the course which had a lot of ruts and bumps along the way. It really pointed out how light the Volt is. Was like holding on to a bucking bronco. This was the first day I have questioned getting rid of my MGI ZIP Nav AT. I did occasionally try it in Manual mode. Not ideal, but it worked.
I now what you mean. There are two places on a course that I play where if it weren't uphill, it would be easier to manually push the cart. The path is narrow, winding and bumpy. I found that it is better to go slow and not have the cart jerk all over the place. But this is only for two relatively short places. Guiding the cart in manual mode for 18 wholes would be a chore.

Third round with my Volt. I’m amazed how quiet it is….myncourse is fairly flat but the hills around the green I’ve had no problems. 2 bars to finish every time. its perfect for my needs at this time.

Third round with my Volt. I’m amazed how quiet it is….myncourse is fairly flat but the hills around the green I’ve had no problems. 2 bars to finish every time. its perfect for my needs at this time.
I think running the Volt without the remote drains the battery more than using the remote control. I have played 15 rounds with my Volt. I had three green bars after 18 holes (~5.4 miles) for all the rounds except the last round that I forgot my remote control. I think the constant need to adjust the speed while holding on to the handlebar drained the battery more quickly. I only had two green bars at the end of my round.

I think running the Volt without the remote drains the battery more than using the remote control. I have played 15 rounds with my Volt. I had three green bars after 18 holes (~5.4 miles) for all the rounds except the last round that I forgot my remote control. I think the constant need to adjust the speed while holding on to the handlebar drained the battery more quickly. I only had two green bars at the end of my round.
I agree. I would ask you to try it again but that would be asking too much. :)

I‘ve been lurking here for a couple of weeks reading about the Volt. Your conversation convinced me to pull the trigger on one. Should have it by the end of the week.
Interesting. I had the opposite reaction. Curious - what convinced you?

Interesting. I had the opposite reaction. Curious - what convinced you?
My wife actually. It seems to me the Volt is smaller and lighter and easier to fold and transport than any other. Those same traits make folks question battery life, traction, and stability. The console and extras is a clear plus. So I told my wife I was debating between the Volt and the MGI Navigator. I told her about the Volt. And then explained that the MGI had been around longer and from reading, no personal experience, would seem to be more reliable in the battery, steering and stability category. I didn’t get into the remote. Anyway she recalled getting two baby strollers as gifts. One was a tank and had all the bells and whistles. The gold standard so to speak. The other stroller was light and simple. Guess which one she said she used all the time?

My wife actually. It seems to me the Volt is smaller and lighter and easier to fold and transport than any other. Those same traits make folks question battery life, traction, and stability. The console and extras is a clear plus. So I told my wife I was debating between the Volt and the MGI Navigator. I told her about the Volt. And then explained that the MGI had been around longer and from reading, no personal experience, would seem to be more reliable in the battery, steering and stability category. I didn’t get into the remote. Anyway she recalled getting two baby strollers as gifts. One was a tank and had all the bells and whistles. The gold standard so to speak. The other stroller was light and simple. Guess which one she said she used all the time?
Listen to your wife ....

The MGI was also on my short list - and I agree with you that it is more cumbersome to fold than any of the ones I was considering. One of my regular partners has one - and he has no complaints. But largely for that reason - it was eliminated from contention for me too. True they have been around for a long time - but there are also other companies that have been making remote carts for 20ish years (that are easier to manipulate). Hope you and your wife have a good experience with the Volt!

my course is finally opening this weekend...looking forward to the first round with the Volt on Saturday morning!
You are going to enjoy it and its so cool that you get to use it, and then go hang out with the President of the company and his team at the THP Experience.

You are going to enjoy it and its so cool that you get to use it, and then go hang out with the President of the company and his team at the THP Experience.

absolutely! i'm glad that i'll get to put a month worth of rounds in using it before the chance to talk to them as i'll (hopefully) have much more intelligent questions and observations. it's getting close enough now that the ZTF bags are likely to show up soon, so getting to pair that cart and bag using the TopLok tech is going to rock. i'm excited to be able to share that part with THP too.

Another fun round with the Volt today. 84.5 miles on the odometer! I have used remote control carts for 15+ years (BagBoy Navigator, BagBoy Navigator Elite, MGI ZIP Navigator AT). Each iteration gets better and each had its pros and cons. The Volt is compact, easy to fold, light, plenty of storage and fun to use once you learn how to manage hilly areas.

absolutely! i'm glad that i'll get to put a month worth of rounds in using it before the chance to talk to them as i'll (hopefully) have much more intelligent questions and observations. it's getting close enough now that the ZTF bags are likely to show up soon, so getting to pair that cart and bag using the TopLok tech is going to rock. i'm excited to be able to share that part with THP too.
Got the Chiller bag for my Volt. The top loc technology marries the bag and cart perfectly. Took the top straps off completely, but still use the bottom strap. Probably do not need to.

I am going to be putting my Volt to the test tomorrow. I am playing the course I play most frequently and it has a lot of elevation change.

Last edited:
@Tenputt , you will have a great day. Our course is as hilly as any I've ever played and after learning how to get the most out of my cart I am completely satisfied.
I haven't used my cart in about a week now as last week I had 2 guests and rode with them both days. Looking forward to getting back to walking on Thursday if the rain stops!
Rod

Back