I have a few rounds now with the Volt and played 36 recently as well. Here are my impressions, which are similar to most here. Also, for comparison, I've had the Stewart Q Follow (which was defective and the follow feature did not work consistently), the MGI Navigator AT, and now the Volt.

A few quick notes on the three carts:
Stewart Q Follow
- Great concept and I thought I'd love the follow feature a lot. It can be nice but I actually found that it wasn't the killer feature that I cared that much about. And not worth an extra $1000 in my opinion. Also, it sometimes goes a little crazy - moving erratically for no good reason.
- Very heavy and not that easy to fold/unfold.
- Did not hold my stand bag well - needs a heavier bag, and my bag often would twist or start falling off - lots of adjustments needed throughout the round.
- Seemed to be less stable but rarely tipped over
- Handle doesn't feel sturdy - like it would be easy to break off if you put too much force on it
- Bottom bungie is terrible - not adjustable and depending the bag, doesn't hold the bag in well. It came off often for me. A non-stand/heavier bag would probably work better.

MGI Navigator
- Very responsive remote
- Good going uphill
- Very sturdy but heavy
- Pretty stable
- The straight line tracking tech worked well

Volt
- Design: Love the sleek design and weight - easy to fold/unfold and lift into my car
- Manual mode: Switching to manual is VERY easy - just pressing the button on the cart is so much easier than adjusting the wheels on the Q Follow and Navigator. In fact, I find myself using this feature a lot. It doesn't roll as easily as a non-motorized cart. I guess there's some resistance in the wheels/motors. But not too bad really.
- Stability/traction: Seems a little less stable than the others, and not good up hills - can't get enough traction and the front wheel lifts up easily. I do like the design of the 4th wheel. I added some weight to my bag to try to keep the front down and it did seem to help. Will eventually get a Top-Lok bag. Also, tracking straight is just OK - it definitely doesn't do well tracking going on a sideways hill. Electric brake worked well.
- Battery - seems to work well for me. After 18, I usually have 2 bars on the battery, and 3 bars on the cart screen (not sure why they aren't the same). I played 36 and because I was worried about running out of juice somewhere near the end, I used manual mode for many of the downhill or level holes on the second 18 holes (and was all electric on first 18). After 36 holes, I ended up with 1 bar on the battery and 2 yellow bars on the cart screen. So I think it would have gone all 36 without switching to manual mode.
- Remote - seems fine, don't need the bumps personally but can see why some like them. I do wish they had a clip on it but haven't found that I accidentally press buttons while in my pocket. It doesn't seem as quick as the Navigator to follow commands but it's fine. I don't like the forward roll when hitting right/left buttons - sometimes I just want it to rotate - e.g. to turn it around - and not move forward. I do feel that I have to micro-adjust things more than with the Navigator or Stewart. so I'm constantly pressing buttons on the remote it seems.

Overall
- All are fine of course, and just having an electric cart is a game changer for me. Last year I walked over 100 rounds on a very long and hilly course with some long walks between holes, and having an electric cart made golf so much more enjoyable, and I had a lot more energy at the end of 18. Even at the end of 36 I felt pretty good not having to push a cart or carry a bag.
- Definitely would get this again. Best electric cart I've used.
- What I'd love to see: rotate without moving forward. A little more stability. Better traction. Better straight line movement. Remove the auto-stop after 80 yards - it happens to me a few times every round.

Remote - I don't like the forward roll when hitting right/left buttons - sometimes I just want it to rotate - e.g. to turn it around - and not move forward. I do feel that I have to micro-adjust things more than with the Navigator or Stewart. so I'm constantly pressing buttons on the remote it seems.
Agree.
What I'd love to see: rotate without moving forward. A little more stability. Better traction. Better straight line movement. Remove the auto-stop after 80 yards - it happens to me a few times every round.
Agree to all except the auto stop after 80 yards. People like me need that otherwise I'll lose focus and run it into the pond.:)

I have a few rounds now with the Volt and played 36 recently as well. Here are my impressions, which are similar to most here. Also, for comparison, I've had the Stewart Q Follow (which was defective and the follow feature did not work consistently), the MGI Navigator AT, and now the Volt.

Stewart Q Follow
- Great concept and I thought I'd love the follow feature a lot. It can be nice but I actually found that it wasn't the killer feature that I cared that much about. And not worth an extra $1000 in my opinion. Also, it sometimes goes a little crazy - moving erratically for no good reason.
- Did not hold my stand bag well - needs a heavier bag, and my bag often would twist or start falling off - lots of adjustments needed throughout the round.
- Handle doesn't feel sturdy - like it would be easy to break off if you put too much force on it
- Bottom bungie is terrible - not adjustable and depending the bag, doesn't hold the bag in well. It came off often for me. A non-stand/heavier bag would probably work better.

MGI Navigator
- Very responsive remote
- Good going uphill
- Very sturdy but heavy
- Pretty stable

Volt
- Design: Love the sleek design and weight - easy to fold/unfold and lift into my car
- Manual mode: Switching to manual is VERY easy - just pressing the button on the cart is so much easier than adjusting the wheels on the Q Follow and Navigator. In fact, I find myself using this feature a lot. It doesn't roll as easily as a non-motorized cart. I guess there's some resistance in the wheels/motors. But not too bad really.
- Stability/traction: Seems a little less stable than the others, and not good up hills - can't get enough traction and the front wheel lifts up easily. I do like the design of the 4th wheel. I added some weight to my bag to try to keep the front down and it did seem to help. Will eventually get a Top-Lok bag. Also, tracking straight is just OK - it definitely doesn't do well tracking going on a sideways hill. Electric brake worked well.
- Battery - seems to work well for me. After 18, I usually have 2 bars on the battery, and 3 bars on the cart screen (not sure why they aren't the same). I played 36 and because I was worried about running out of juice somewhere near the end, I used manual mode for many of the downhill or level holes on the second 18 holes (and was all electric on first 18). After 36 holes, I ended up with 1 bar on the battery and 2 yellow bars on the cart screen. So I think it would have gone all 36 without switching to manual mode.
- Remote - seems fine, don't need the bumps personally but can see why some like them. I do wish they had a clip on it but haven't found that I accidentally press buttons while in my pocket. It doesn't seem as quick as the Navigator to follow commands but it's fine. I don't like the forward roll when hitting right/left buttons - sometimes I just want it to rotate - e.g. to turn it around - and not move forward. I do feel that I have to micro-adjust things more than with the Navigator or Stewart. so I'm constantly pressing buttons on the remote it seems.

Overall
- All are fine of course, and just having an electric cart is a game changer for me. Last year I walked over 100 rounds on a very long and hilly course with some long walks between holes, and having an electric cart made golf so much more enjoyable, and I had a lot more energy at the end of 18. Even at the end of 36 I felt pretty good not having to push a cart or carry a bag.
- What I'd love to see: rotate without moving forward. A little more stability. Better traction. Better straight line movement. Remove the auto-stop after 80 yards - it happens to me a few times every round.
Terrific first post!

Stewart Q Follow

MGI Navigator
- Very responsive remote
- Good going uphill
- Very sturdy but heavy
- Pretty stable

Volt

Overall

:welcome:

Agree.

Agree to all except the auto stop after 80 yards. People like me need that otherwise I'll lose focus and run it into the pond.:)
BTW, I did that with my BagBoy Navigator Elite. Had to have a diver come out to remove the cart, clubs, cellphone, wallet and what was left of my pride from the pond :) .

the tire upgrades work great, much much better traction, especially uphill.

it's still a bit back heavy. I plan to put a few pounds of lead fishing weight in the front pocket of my bag to keep the front wheel down better.

@lambglad to hear that its workingbwell. Im going to get tires this wek and give it a try. Great idea. I stoppedvat the local ace but they had no fishing line. Do you think a #24 wire would work good or would it wear? It's very thin but my worrying was if it would wear out or break.
Looking forward to completing this and seeing a difference in traction. That will make a huge difference going uphills.
Thanks.

@lambglad to hear that its workingbwell. Im going to get tires this wek and give it a try. Great idea. I stoppedvat the local ace but they had no fishing line. Do you think a #24 wire would work good or would it wear? It's very thin but my worrying was if it would wear out or break.
Looking forward to completing this and seeing a difference in traction. That will make a huge difference going uphills.
Thanks.
wire would be harder to thread, tie the knots, etc. i think any sturdy braid line would work fine, even some 30lb would be plenty, especially with the spray rubber Flex Seal over the top. i used 130lb because it's what i already had at home. (muskie fishing)

Stewart Q Follow

MGI Navigator
- Very responsive remote
- Good going uphill
- Very sturdy but heavy
- Pretty stable

Volt

Overall
Great feedback and welcome to THP!

Another round in. I had a tip over today. At this point, I like so many things about the Volt, but I really wish it were a bit more stable. The instability is my only negative to go along with so many positives.

@Tenputt
I was very disappointed with the instability at first as well. I've learnt to not out the cart on a big slope unless I'm there to stabilize it by holding the handle. Also speed is another big thing with tipping. I keep the cart at slower speeds when it's on a side slope. Beleive me when i say you will find ways to not put it in a position to tip and you will be very happy. This cart has made the game so much better!
Rod

@Tenputt
I was very disappointed with the instability at first as well. I've learnt to not out the cart on a big slope unless I'm there to stabilize it by holding the handle. Also speed is another big thing with tipping. I keep the cart at slower speeds when it's on a side slope. Beleive me when i say you will find ways to not put it in a position to tip and you will be very happy. This cart has made the game so much better!
Rod
Yeah, I have been trying to be careful. I just stopped being vigilant for a moment during my round today while doing down a slope. I think I am just going to have to have a mental rule that anytime I am going up or down slopes, my hand needs to be on the handles. I think part of my issue is that I had been using the MGI Zip for almost 5 years. It was like a tank going up and down slopes. The Volt has many advantage over the Zip, but it definitely is not as stable.

I've been following the posts here and TBH the product sounds like it is not well designed. I know you folks have invested in it, therefore no need to defend your purchase. I just caution that those considering the BB Volt and reading this thread will look elsewhere. I mean, it has to be exhausting to worry about the cart during a golf during a round.

The point of an electric caddie is to make the walking experience more enjoyable. Ideally, you would get both physical and mental relief during your round - allowing you to focus on the golf and be more present.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@j0nesy , hopefully many people have read these posts and made a decision that fits their own needs. If you've gone back and read all these posts you will see that after the first or second round with the Volt each person has pretty much fallen in love with the cart. Yes here is a learning curve but once you learn the beat methods for managing your cart there is no longer any thought while out here. The round is as you have said, " a more enjoyable and physical relief".
I've played with many golfers that use many different manufactured battery operated carts and this is definitely in the top 2 if not the #1 in my opinion.
Rod

@j0nesy , hopefully many people have read these posts and made a decision that fits their own needs. If you've gone back and read all these posts you will see that after the first or second round with the Volt each person has pretty much fallen in love with the cart. Yes here is a learning curve but once you learn the beat methods for managing your cart there is no longer any thought while out here. The round is as you have said, " a more enjoyable and physical relief".
I've played with many golfers that use many different manufactured battery operated carts and this is definitely in the top 2 if not the #1 in my opinion.
Rod
Love my Volt!!!

I've been following the posts here and TBH the product sounds like it is not well designed. I know you folks have invested in it, therefore no need to defend your purchase. I just caution that those considering the BB Volt and reading this thread will look elsewhere. I mean, it has to be exhausting to worry about the cart during a golf during a round.

The point of an electric caddie is to make the walking experience more enjoyable. Ideally, you would get both physical and mental relief during your round - allowing you to focus on the golf and be more present.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it would be inaccurate to say that the Volt is not well designed. I don’t draw that conclusion from either the posts in the thread or my own personal experience.

For me, it is fair to say that there are trade offs with it, as compared with my other cart experience, the Zip Navigator. The Zip functions better while out on the course. It is much more stable. The remote functions more smoothly. On the other hand, the Volt is MUCH easier to load and unload. The battery is much lighter and so simple to snap in place. The bag sets in the Volt without twisting better than the Zip. It is more compact for storage.

I think that they are both good products and the person has to decide which strengths are more important. If I didn’t own a pickup truck with a really secure, locking bed cover, and had to load the cart into a trunk, the Volt would be the clear winner. Since storage is not an issue, I am not sure which one I would purchase. It would be a close call, but that in no way implies that either is a product that I would not be happy to own. Both enhance my walking experience.

Last edited:
Well, broke the 100 mile threshold and maybe broke my Volt today. My back has been hurting me so I decided to walk the front and ride on the back. I struggled trying to find the best way to put the Volt on the cart with me. I put the wheels on the passenger floorboard and front wheel on the passenger seat, turned so it braced against the hand rail on the cart. But about 30 yards in the Volt fell out of the cart and took a solid dump on the cart path. At that point my brain engaged and I took the front wheel off (super easy) and then it braced perfectly on the seat next to me. After the round I surveyed the damage. Major road rash on the area next to the controller knob. Worse the controller knob got dinged up and does not turn easily. Pushing the knob is now hit or miss for engaging the Manual Mode. Tomorrow I am going to see if that cover piece can be easily taken off so I can see if I can straighten the controller knob out. Maybe that whole plastic piece and knob are available as spare parts. Lesson learned, too late.:(

Well, broke the 100 mile threshold and maybe broke my Volt today. My back has been hurting me so I decided to walk the front and ride on the back. I struggled trying to find the best way to put the Volt on the cart with me. I put the wheels on the passenger floorboard and front wheel on the passenger seat, turned so it braced against the hand rail on the cart. But about 30 yards in the Volt fell out of the cart and took a solid dump on the cart path. At that point my brain engaged and I took the front wheel off (super easy) and then it braced perfectly on the seat next to me. After the round I surveyed the damage. Major road rash on the area next to the controller knob. Worse the controller knob got dinged up and does not turn easily. Pushing the knob is now hit or miss for engaging the Manual Mode. Tomorrow I am going to see if that cover piece can be easily taken off so I can see if I can straighten the controller knob out. Maybe that whole plastic piece and knob are available as spare parts. Lesson learned, too late.:(
Oh, man! That is no good. Sorry, my man.

That is horrible. My heart goes to my throat whenever I flip my cart. This sounds twice as bad. Hope it's a simple fix ....

@tucsondivots , I'm sorry to hear about your Volt. Hopefully you can get that straightened out. Let us know.
I hit 50 miles on mine today. First round at the beach where the course is flat. 3 lights on when done. Im sure I could play 36 on that course without a charge needed between rounds. I am charging my remote again tonight. Not because the battery shows a charge is needed but just because I don't want to forget when it does need charged.
Rod

Update on dumping my Volt while on riding cart….

Like the old Timex watch commercial, the Volt takes a licking keeps on ticking!

This morning I cleaned up the road rash, sanded the scraped area and cleaned a piece of sand that was making the controller knob stick. Fired it up and everything seems to work. My Volt will no longer win a beauty contest but survived my screwup.

Note: If you decide to walk the front nine and ride on the back nine, just remove the front wheel. The back wheels sit on the passenger side floor and the front wheel area braces against the passenger side seat.

Update on dumping my Volt while on riding cart….

Like the old Timex watch commercial, the Volt takes a licking keeps on ticking!

This morning I cleaned up the road rash, sanded the scraped area and cleaned a piece of sand that was making the controller knob stick. Fired it up and everything seems to work. My Volt will no longer win a beauty contest but survived my screwup.

Note: If you decide to walk the front nine and ride on the back nine, just remove the front wheel. The back wheels sit on the passenger side floor and the front wheel area braces against the passenger side seat.
Great news. Hopefully just cosmetic damage.

Back