Bag Boy Volt Electric Cart

Ideas and still am shocked that the wheels didn't go free once the battery was removed. I'll see what they tell me on Monday. Bad thing is I can't be with cart while talking to them until Tuesday so it might have to wait if there is a trouble shooting method.
Rod
Another idea. Can you measure battery voltage ?

My Volt Died!
I usually push my cart down to the first tee box and then power on my cart. I do this because I spend 1/2 hour on range then putt for 15 - 20 minutes before playing. This method has seemed to save my battery power.
So I get to the tee box. Hit my drive and walk over to the cart. Reach down and turn on battery and grab my remote. NOTHING! It doesn't move so I hit the forward on remote again and nothing. So I reach down to power off and recover my system. I get no digital readout on my console. I take the bag off and pull the battery. Of course by now I'm falling behind so I decide to push the cart. It has resistance in both wheels and is not pushable. So I take the battery out again and try rebooting and nothing changes. So I throw my bag over my shoulder and start walking. Luckily one of the guys I'm playing with goes back with another golfer and beings me a cart. I left it sit on the side of the ruff and called the bag boy to come grab it and take it back to the club house.
When I'm done with the front 9 I check it and nothing changes. Done with all 18 and nothing changed. Took battery out and recharged it. Put it back in this morning and still the same.
As I'm standing here typing this out I see the battery light is coming on and off every 30 seconds. Exactly 30 seconds. All 4 light levels are blinking on one time. When I energize the battery it powers up like normal but immediately the lights go off on it. I'm pretty sure in the past they all stayed on while I used it?
I did call bag boy yesterday when I got home a 3 PM. Of course it's my luck that the gentlemen that is the trouble shooter, warranty person went home early yesterday. The customer service rep had no suggestions as she's never heard of this. She did have a trouble shooting guide to follow but this doesn't match any of the listed steps. She is going to have him call me first thing Monday. I would guess I'm going to be sending it back for repair. Good thing I kept my box! I would expect to get an RMA to ship it to them as this doesn't seem like a normal thing!
I'll keep you up to date as I go!
Rod
Disconcerting, to say the least…

Does it have a pedometer that tracks the mileage?

So I talked with bag boy again today and I'm going to be sending my cart back for repair.
I was supposed to get a call first thing this morning but it never happened. Kinda disappointing. I was told they tried to call but the line was busy but I know that's not true because I was working and got no phone calls at all today. I finally called around 4:10 and spoke to Rodney in the service repair department and after talking for a while he said we need to send it back.
So he said he hasn't seen anything like what I am describing. I also told him I think I may have lost a fair amount of power going up hills and I see some wobble in the motor/hub assembly's. He will look at that as well. So he needs my remote and my battery with it. I kept my box so I am to package it up like it was when I got it. Not sure I remember.
Well it's good I kept my old bat caddy. Guess I'll be using that for awhile. He didn't give me an estimate on repair time.
I did not receive the email with my RMA to return it which is a little disappointing as well but it was at the end of the day so I'll check back tomorrow. I do want to get it sent out asap so I can get it back quickly!
I'll keep updating as I get information.
Rod

Rod, Thanks for the update. I am sure all of the Volt owners will be following how BagBoy handles this. You probably have more on course miles than any of us (130+, I believe). I am at 110 miles and other than a few quirks I have had no significant issues. Good luck.

Rod, Do you have to pay shipping back to BagBoy. Just curious.

Rod, Thanks for the update. I am sure all of the Volt owners will be following how BagBoy handles this. You probably have more on course miles than any of us (130+, I believe). I am at 110 miles and other than a few quirks I have had no significant issues. Good luck.
I actually only had 68 miles on mine. Going to do an update here later tonight.
Rod

So here's what has happened with my Volt and the procedure I had to go thru.
Of course the call to them about my issue. Then no one there to help. No phone call the following day like I was told would happen. I called them at end of day and went over issues. Was told I would need to send cart back and I was transferred to a customer service rep who said he would send an email with the RMA with it. 24 hours later no email so I call them again and this time they sent out an information form that I had to fill out first. I was mostly just the same information they ask for first time, name, address, phone, issue.....
So I filled it out quick and sent it back because it was 4:50 and they leave at 5. Got it returned only to have another email come and ask what color my cart was. Anyway they sent me an RMA and I dropped it off at Fed ex today. Hopefully its on it's way back.

Just so everyone knows all the people I talked to were very nice and were willing to help me. Just some confusion on getting info out to me to make the return possible. The label covered the return shipping and I have no costs at all except the time and fuel to get it to fed ex and I probably could have scheduled a pickup.
I'll keep you updated as I hear from Bag Boy.
Rod

Hope it all gets straightened out @rod7515 . I'm playing with my friend tomorrow and he just picked up a Volt, so looking forward to seeing it.

Got it returned only to have another email come and ask what color my cart was.

That's a random question, sounds like they are sending you a replacement?

Once they see movement on the tracking number they sent you for the return, maybe they are sending out a new replacement?

That's a random question, sounds like they are sending you a replacement?

Once they see movement on the tracking number they sent you for the return, maybe they are sending out a new replacement?
I don't think so. I think it's going to be a couple of weeks wait for mine to return. The cilor question came before I sent my cart back. If they do send a new replacement I will need them to ship me a seat mount as my cart had one on it.
Rod

Played today with buddy who got the Volt. So amazing how easy it folds down. It's his first electric cart and he really likes it. We did a little race with my alphard and his. Mine takes off a little smfaster but he had a higher top speed and just took off on me after just a few feet. Now in my defense I do have a lot on my cart including cooler seat and too many golf balls.

Time for an update on my Volt.
Yesterday afternoon around 2:30 my phone rang. On the other end was Rodney the repair technician from Bag Boy. He said he received my cart and he had already worked on it. He said he had replaced the controller and it's back up and running. I ask him why when the controller went bad would the wheels stay engaged. He wasn't sure what i meant by engaged. I explained to him that the wheels wouldn't turn freely so I couldn't even.push it off the course. He never even looked at it before replacing the controlle which to me was kinda disappointing. But the bottom line is its repaired.
I spoke to him about the lack of power to climb grades or hills and he said he's sure the controller will take care of that. I ask him about the battery never getting to the voltage listed on the battery. That's when he started telling me he clean the coating off the battery terminals to make a better connection. Claims the 2 round battery connections that touch the units power supply terminals on the carts have some type of coating on them and without it he highly recommends some type of protection. I ask him if dio electrical grease would be OK and he said that would be perfect.
So my cart was to be shipped out today and I should see it the beginning of the week.
I'm excited to get it back! All and all the service was quick and the communication was good. I'm happy they took good care of me.
I'll update this once I get it back. I'm guessing my odometer will be reset back to zero with a new controller.
Rod

Yesterday afternoon around 2:30 my phone rang. On the other end was Rodney the repair technician from Bag Boy. He said he received my cart and he had already worked on it. He said he had replaced the controller and it's back up and running. I ask him why when the controller went bad would the wheels stay engaged. He wasn't sure what i meant by engaged. I explained to him that the wheels wouldn't turn freely so I couldn't even.push it off the course. He never even looked at it before replacing the controlle which to me was kinda disappointing. But the bottom line is its repaired.
I spoke to him about the lack of power to climb grades or hills and he said he's sure the controller will take care of that. I ask him about the battery never getting to the voltage listed on the battery. That's when he started telling me he clean the coating off the battery terminals to make a better connection. Claims the 2 round battery connections that touch the units power supply terminals on the carts have some type of coating on them and without it he highly recommends some type of protection. I ask him if dio electrical grease would be OK and he said that would be perfect.
So my cart was to be shipped out today and I should see it the beginning of the week.
I'm excited to get it back! All and all the service was quick and the communication was good. I'm happy they took good care of me.
I'll update this once I get it back. I'm guessing my odometer will be reset back to zero with a new controller.
Rod

Rod
Rod,
Thanks for the update. What kind of grease should be put on the battery terminals? It would have been nice to know about the condition of your battery while they had it there (assuming you sent the battery). Hopefully, the new controller resolves your issues.

Glad to hear they fixed it for you.

My local course has sold 6 of them this year, and the only complaint has been about the stability of it. But we are not a hilly course, so the climbing power hasn't been mentioned. And we are early in the season, so there are not a lot of miles on them yet either.

Rod
Hi Rod. Had my first bad experience with my Volt this morning. I hit my battery button this morning, saw that the green lights came on and proceeded to start walking to the first tee pushing my cart as I always do because it requires crossing a road. On the other side of the road I hit the remote. Nothing. Battery now has no lights. Hit the button, all 4 lights come on and then go off 2 seconds later..Tried multiple times. Then I realized that if the battery was out of the cart the lights stayed on . As soon as I put the battery in the cart the lights went out. Is that anything like the problem you were having?

When I turned on my battery I saw the lights on the battery come on. I then stood back up and grabbed my remote and nothing happened. Tried it again and still nothing. I never looked at my console and I started to push my cart out the fairway to my ball. I was falling behind in the group so I wasn't thinking very straight and I tried the battery again. Then the remote and nothing and by now I was almost a shot back in my group so I had to abandon my cart to the side and started walking. I really didn't have time to check it out more until after the round but the console never lit up again. The wheels felt as tho the motors were engaged and I was forcing the motors to turn without power. He said my controller went bad. The day before my cart perked 3 times I think when I went to start it. Up until then I had no issues. The guy in the shop (Rodney) was real good to talk to. All you need to do is call customer service and ask for him and they will transfer you. You may be starting to have an issue.
Rod

When I turned on my battery I saw the lights on the battery come on. I then stood back up and grabbed my remote and nothing happened. Tried it again and still nothing. I never looked at my console and I started to push my cart out the fairway to my ball. I was falling behind in the group so I wasn't thinking very straight and I tried the battery again. Then the remote and nothing and by now I was almost a shot back in my group so I had to abandon my cart to the side and started walking. I really didn't have time to check it out more until after the round but the console never lit up again. The wheels felt as tho the motors were engaged and I was forcing the motors to turn without power. He said my controller went bad. The day before my cart perked 3 times I think when I went to start it. Up until then I had no issues. The guy in the shop (Rodney) was real good to talk to. All you need to do is call customer service and ask for him and they will transfer you. You may be starting to have an issue.
Rod
Dang! Thanks for the response. Did you get yours back yet?

Back