At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

Live in Northern Wisconsin - wife and I played at 38* with high winds last Friday - probably a windchill of 30. It wasn't really too bad so long as you're dressed for it.

It wasn't really too bad
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Really all comes down to wind fort me. 40 and calm would be fine, 40 with wind no thanks.

High 30s. Hands stung when I mishit the ball after playing about five holes.

Last edited:
The coldest I have played in was a January day, upper 20s and breezy in Ft. Collins, Colorado back in the early 80s. No snow on the ground, but the ground was frozen. Yeah, it was cold and I would never do that again. However, I did hit a couple 300+ yard 3 woods (100 in the air, 200+ rolling on the frozen ground).

I was young and stupid back then. I live in Arizona now...

Victoria National: 40 with 20mph wind

All other courses: 55 and little wind

Yesterday I had a 7am and it was 28* when I pulled up, heavy frost. Waited until 8:40 to tee off with the delay. Think it was up to 34* when I hit the first ball. That was one of the coldest.
But the coldest was for my buddy's bachelor party outing. On the back nine we got about an inch of snow and we played through it. So temps had to be in the upper 20's. Luckily copious amounts of alcohol was flowing.

Depends... is the sun out? Down to 40 if the wind isn't blowing too hard.

Cloudy? Probably in the 50's.

I've played during a snow storm... it was sunny enough for shorts and no 1/4 zip on the first tee. By the 18th it was snowing and dark clouds everywhere. So we went from probably 65 down to below freezing over the course of that round.

Anything under 50.

I'm 61. We play all winter if our course will let us out. Have been out some days below freezing with the windchill. I never play in that weather without my heated vest and hand warmers. I couldn't move my body / swing in that cold without them.

It’s all about the wind. Used to play when it’s near 32 degrees F, but no more. 40 degrees no wind I’m there.

Back