Anyone have experience with Axglo E-Carts?

Over the weekend I took the Axlgo e5 out for the first time this season, it performed flawlessly. The course is hilly with some steep inclines and declines, no issues at all. For sure, the Axglo is incredibly stable. In the few rounds I've golfed with it since November of last year the Axglo has never had an issue with mud, inclines, declines, uneven surfaces, curved bridges, etc..

At this time, I cannot draw any meaningful conclusion to the Axglo's battery capacity - that information will unveil itself as the season progresses.

FWIW, I do see brand loyalists in the BagBogy Volt thread reporting both battery and stability issues. I would expect stability issues with the design of the Volt and battery issues seem to be a crapshoot with any Chinese sourced battery.

I cannot overstate how freeing it is to your mind and game when the cart follows effortlessly. I cannot imagine a scenario in which anyone would choose a remote control version over a follow me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Curious what percentages you use the 5 different modes (follow-me, power-assisted speed control, remote control, remote crusing, and manual pushing)?
Do you find yourself getting more risker in tigher situations with follow-me mode?

Just guessing what my percentages will be (still waiting for course to open):

Without doubt, I bought mine for the follow-me mode feature. 85%
I'm not sure I will use the power-assisted speed control that much - is it any better than manual pushing (parking lot, high risk areas). 1-2%
I can see using the remote control in open areas that are low to medium risk or going up steep hills where you want the cart in front of you. 10%
I'm not sure I fully get the need for remote crusing. 0%
Manual pushing for the parking lot and very tight spaces - high risk areas that could damage cart or damage to something else. 2-3%

@

Golfnutz_56

I've used the manual assist mode on the first outing and pushed it as well, this was because I did not have the remote charged!

I practiced in the street thinking I would "summon" the cart to me (remote in pocket, then bring the cart to me after a shot or putt)- that works, but is not really practical way to use the cart in general. I exclusively rely on the follow me, it simply works as outlined below.

I grab a club, hit the ball, return the club to the cart, grab the remote from the cart, unlock and follow.

Yes, I push it in the parking lot., not a fan of the power assisted mode...honestly, you will quickly become comfortable after 2 rounds and will be able to navigate anything. I easily navigate paths with raised edges, curved bridges, etc... The remote is in my left or right hand and it follows behind in a predictable path. Really impressive.

You are mentioned hills. My favorite, and most often played, track has tons of elevation and I use the follow me exclusively. I have used Axglo E5 multiple times and can attest that it is super stable both up and down hills. The only caveat is to ensure your bag is secure to the cart properly, otherwise fear no hill!

@

Golfnutz_56

I've used the manual assist mode on the first outing and pushed it as well, this was because I did not have the remote charged!

I practiced in the street thinking I would "summon" the cart to me (remote in pocket, then bring the cart to me after a shot or putt)- that works, but is not really practical way to use the cart in general. I exclusively rely on the follow me, it simply works as outlined below.

I grab a club, hit the ball, return the club to the cart, grab the remote from the cart, unlock and follow.

Yes, I push it in the parking lot., not a fan of the power assisted mode...honestly, you will quickly become comfortable after 2 rounds and will be able to navigate anything. I easily navigate paths with raised edges, curved bridges, etc... The remote is in my left or right hand and it follows behind in a predictable path. Really impressive.

You are mentioned hills. My favorite, and most often played, track has tons of elevation and I use the follow me exclusively. I have used Axglo E5 multiple times and can attest that it is super stable both up and down hills. The only caveat is to ensure your bag is secure to the cart properly, otherwise fear no hill!
Thanks for the info.
We had some nice weather a couple of weeks ago, so I tried remote control, and follow-me modes on my longish driveway.
Follow-me was what I expected, however, using the remote controlled feature was a bit more difficult than I was anticipating. Basically, over corrected the turns and getting the cart to come towards me with the remote was kind of challenging since the remote buttons are the opposite of having the cart go away from you. I know this isn't normal because as you said just press the follow-me button and it will come to you automatically. My intention at the time was to use the remote so I could get an idea how it steers.

I recently bought the E3. I’m having an issue with the speed of the cart. I have no issues at all when in follow mode. But when I get more than 20 yards or so away, and I try to use the regular controls to send it to the next Teebox, it moves extremely slowly, whether I put it on cruise control or full speed. So much so that it takes too long and everyone would be waiting for me on the green. I see that the phone app for it list three different speeds but I don’t see these as an option anywhere with the remote control. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I recently bought the E3. I’m having an issue with the speed of the cart. I have no issues at all when in follow mode. But when I get more than 20 yards or so away, and I try to use the regular controls to send it to the next Teebox, it moves extremely slowly, whether I put it on cruise control or full speed. So much so that it takes too long and everyone would be waiting for me on the green. I see that the phone app for it list three different speeds but I don’t see these as an option anywhere with the remote control. Has anyone had a similar issue?
It's new to you so could it just be the sequence of how you're using the center joystick button on your remote? Hopefully not a defect but I'll go through how I sequence sending my E3 toward the next tee (or wherever) after follow mode:
(Note 1 - I initially set up my 3 preferred cruise speeds using the phone app and my remote has remembered them ever since. 9.0 is max speed and 4.0 is likely that default slowest cruise speed you're experiencing?) (Note 2 - I rarely need to set remote to LOCK unless in a risky area)
-Just as I get to my ball in follow mode I do a quick 3 push sequence on the joystick ... (Right/Forward/aaand Back) to stop my bag just to the right of my ball where I like it.
-Hit shot and replace/extract clubs and/or range finder/snack/whatever) and then two quick joystick pushes Forward gets me into Cruise mode at that slowest 4.0 speed.
-Then another forward push gets me to mid speed followed by a another to get it rolling at max speed.
-Once it's cruising at the speed I want all that's required is to bump the joystick left or right to keep it on track ... and back or lock to stop it before rolling into trouble.
-If it stops unexpectedly (hill/tree between us? I accidentally bumped back button while trying to steer?) Just go through the cruise speed set sequence again.
(Side Note) - I actually use that slowest cruise speed quite a bit to send my cart down the rough towards the hole while we're all teeing off. It's slow enough that I'll eventually catch it/steer it to intersect along the way, put my driver away, grab range finder etc... while walking beside it. Then hit follow or bump the speed up and steer it to my next shot or tee box.

Last edited:
I contracted Axglo, and was told the speed for 'Remote Control Mode' cannot be changed by any settings in the app.
"The speed for 'Remote Control Mode' will be determined by how far you push the joystick on the remote".
'Remote Cruising Mode' settings apply when you toggle the joystick up 2x, 3x, 4x for the 3 different settings in the app. None of these apply to 'Remote Control Mode'.
You can use the phone app to adjust the remote control speed when using your phone as the remote control. Doesn't apply to the remote control itself.

Does anyone have experience using the Axglo E5 in climbing steep hills?. I have several extremely steep hills at my course and I noticed the E5 does not have a third wheel to stabilize the unit when going up hills. How much of a concern should this be? From your experience, would a trolly with a third wheel do a better job of climbing steep hills without tipping over than the E5?

Does anyone have experience using the Axglo E5 in climbing steep hills?. I have several extremely steep hills at my course and I noticed the E5 does not have a third wheel to stabilize the unit when going up hills. How much of a concern should this be? From your experience, would a trolly with a third wheel do a better job of climbing steep hills without tipping over than the E5?

I do.

The Axglo has 2 front wheels, it is super stable. Additionally, the motors on the E5 adjust for both uphill and downward slope - meaning the cart does not suddenly speed up when going downhill. My favorite 9 hole loop is nothing but elevation changes and the E5 has been remarkable.

This is just one hole on a weekly loop I play, look at the top right beyond the carts - it is steep.

2ndHole.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you j0nesy. I have read that some people have been disappointed with the lack of range for the remote and that the cart needs to be fairly close to you for the remote to work well. Have you had this experience as well?

Thank you j0nesy. I have read that some people have been disappointed with the lack of range for the remote and that the cart needs to be fairly close to you for the remote to work well. Have you had this experience as well?

I've used it as described and have not had a range issue.

The only issue I've encountered is that the remote occasionally needed to be turned off and back on to work. This only occurred during the last round I've used it. It was simply an inconvenience and issue easily remedied. I did reach out to Axglo about it and they speculate that it could have been interreference on the UWB band. The principal technology for the the follow me is UWB, with the Axglo acting as a tag and the remote as the anchor.

FWIW, when I first received it...I tried it out at a local parking lot and used it from a long range to summon it - and it worked without issue. I simply think summoning it is pretty darn stupid and unrealistic. Use it as I describe and it works brilliantly.

How I suggest it be used:

1. Tee off
2. Grab the remote from the cart, press unlock and follow (doggie)
3. Walk to your next shot with the remote in your hand
4. Press lock, place remote on the cart, and take your next shot.

REPEAT

I wouldn't worry, read somewhere it handles 40* uphill grades without worry and have personally sent mine up even steeper banks without tipping. My home course has several steep climbs too and my Axglo is significantly more stable on them than most other carts with wheelie attachments. The dual back wheels are pulled way back, spread wide, and the heavy battery sits low and center/forward vs those other carts. Also, many of the wheelie bar carts have one single centered extra wheel. I've watched them waver side to side attempting shallower grades than mine climbs easily because the bag weight wasn't perfectly centered. Have had several partners with extra wheel carts comment they could never attempt some of the hills I routinely remote mine up.
My remote works very well out past 75 yards provided nothing is in between but can lose communication inside 20 yards if there's a hump, tree, or a golf cart blocking a clear communication path. I remote mine ahead of me about half the time and send it off toward the next tee while walking toward the green I'm playing many times a round. After holing out I'll resume remoting my Axglo on it's path toward that tee while walking a different, shorter, more direct path toward teebox. I'm almost always 50-75 yards away from the Axglo while doing this, never lost connection.

Last edited:
Played 2 rounds so far, I'm probably up to 95% follow-me mode now. Once you get use to how it operates, it's such a stress free relaxing feeling.
Zero issues going up steep hills in follow-me mode.

Found this chat room googling axglo E5 follow me problems.
useful information here.
i purchased a Axglo E5 and used it for the first time last friday. Overall very happy with the performance and features.
However, i could not get the follow-me feature to work properly. Not sure why, but i suspect that it is because i was using both the remote and the app on my iphone…

before the round i used the app to adjust speed settings. I then closed the app and put my iphone in the cart storage compartment. And used only the remote. it performed as expected in the cruise and manual modes. But when i tried the follow me, the cart would begin to follow me, then start to wander left, right, turn around and the remote would keep busing… I could not get the cart to follow me, however i held the remote.

over the weekend, i figured that this might have been caused by my iphone that remained connected to the cart via bluetooth, despite having closed the app. Since my phone was in the cart, the cart might have been confused by the 2 connexions????

will try again today to confirm?

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
Found this chat room googling axglo E5 follow me problems.
useful information here.
i purchased a Axglo E5 and used it for the first time last friday. Overall very happy with the performance and features.
However, i could not get the follow-me feature to work properly. Not sure why, but i suspect that it is because i was using both the remote and the app on my iphone…

before the round i used the app to adjust speed settings. I then closed the app and put my iphone in the cart storage compartment. And used only the remote. it performed as expected in the cruise and manual modes. But when i tried the follow me, the cart would begin to follow me, then start to wander left, right, turn around and the remote would keep busing… I could not get the cart to follow me, however i held the remote.

over the weekend, i figured that this might have been caused by my iphone that remained connected to the cart via bluetooth, despite having closed the app. Since my phone was in the cart, the cart might have been confused by the 2 connexions????

will try again today to confirm?

Has anyone experienced this?

'Sorta... The two times I've had issues with the remote, requiring I turn off and on the remote, was when the phone app was open. I suspect it might be a signal interference of sorts. Thankfully, no need for the app once the settings are to your liking.

All you need to do is look at the Bluetooth icon on the carts console. If it's blinking, then you didn't have a connection. If you turned your phone off, I doubt you still had a connection.
My cart is stored at the club so I don't know the exact text on the app, but something to the effect of calibration, and alignment, have you tried those settings?
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, for the best results in follow-me mode, clip the remote on your back pocket or belt so the remote is behind you. Without knowing what you were doing at the time, if you had the remote in your hand, and your arms are swinging as you're walking, you might get some unwanted results - though I doubt to the extent you're describing, but you never know. It happened to me, but not to the level you're describing. Putting the remote behind me, made a difference. Also, if the remote is behind you, be mindful of turning around and pointing the remote in an undesired direction.
Are you sure your remote was fully charged? As Jonesy mentioned, if it happens again, first thing to do is turn the remote completely off, and back on again (and maybe cart too).
Did you check to see if there was a firmware update in the app?
Highly encourage you to contact Axglo customer support and report the issues you were having, they might already know how to fix the issue.

FWIW, I use the remote in my hand exclusively - it is by my side as a I walk. I've not had any issues except when the app is also connected and running. It's a non-issue for me, since I do not use the app.

Is the blue tooth only solid when using the app or should it be solid when using remote as well? Mine flashes when I use the remote but it is solid when I use the app on my phone.

Bluetooth is only required if you're using your phone as the remote, or using the Axglo app to make changes.
The remote and cart have nothing to do with bluetooth (after initial setup). As Joneys mentioned in a previous post, the cart and remote use UWB technology.
Not all phones have UWB capability, which is why Bluetooth is used. Basically, you don't need to have your phone with you after the initial setup is done.
So to answer your question, it's only solid when connected to the app.

Bluetooth is only required if you're using your phone as the remote, or using the Axglo app to make changes.
The remote and cart have nothing to do with bluetooth (after initial setup). As Joneys mentioned in a previous post, the cart and remote use UWB technology.
Not all phones have UWB capability, which is why Bluetooth is used. Basically, you don't need to have your phone with you after the initial setup is done.
So to answer your question, it's only solid when connected to the app.
Thanks for responding. Has anyone had an issue while using the App on you phone to drive and steer your cart? After about 5 holes the little circle in the middle that you use to steer would not go back to the middle and remain. The circle started to bounce all over the place and cart would not stop moving . I shut cart off and app and turned back on and the circle kept bouncing again.

All you need to do is look at the Bluetooth icon on the carts console. If it's blinking, then you didn't have a connection. If you turned your phone off, I doubt you still had a connection.
My cart is stored at the club so I don't know the exact text on the app, but something to the effect of calibration, and alignment, have you tried those settings?
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, for the best results in follow-me mode, clip the remote on your back pocket or belt so the remote is behind you. Without knowing what you were doing at the time, if you had the remote in your hand, and your arms are swinging as you're walking, you might get some unwanted results - though I doubt to the extent you're describing, but you never know. It happened to me, but not to the level you're describing. Putting the remote behind me, made a difference. Also, if the remote is behind you, be mindful of turning around and pointing the remote in an undesired direction.
Are you sure your remote was fully charged? As Jonesy mentioned, if it happens again, first thing to do is turn the remote completely off, and back on again (and maybe cart too).
Did you check to see if there was a firmware update in the app?
Highly encourage you to contact Axglo customer support and report the issues you were having, they might already know how to fix the issue.
Thanks for your reply.
cart and remote were fully charged.

i used it again yesterday, this time i turned off bluetooth on my phone.
i had better success, but erratic behaviour continued. I do hold the remote in my hand, perhaps this is the problem.
I will experience with this again tomorrow and hang the remote off my back pocket.

one more thing. The rubber cover on the battery charging connector just came off after charging it only twice. This is very fragile. Wonder why this is soo flimsy. I sent an email to axglo a out this. No response yet. Last thing i want is to get water/mud into this connector.

Attachments

• IMG_7166.jpeg
    IMG_7166.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
FWIW, I use the remote in my hand exclusively - it is by my side as a I walk. I've not had any issues except when the app is also connected and running. It's a non-issue for me, since I do not use the app.
And the E5 follows you nicely in straight line?
when i hold the remote in my hand, the cart rolls like a drunken man, moving left, right, left right and sometimes even do full circle as if it cant find me. I will try to take a video of it while i walk…

And the E5 follows you nicely in straight line?
when i hold the remote in my hand, the cart rolls like a drunken man, moving left, right, left right and sometimes even do full circle as if it cant find me. I will try to take a video of it while i walk…

Follows me nicely and NOT erratically! Through curves, over bridges, etc..

Ordered my e5 today. Unfortunately back ordered until sometime in July but Im excited nonetheless.

Back