Anyone have experience with Axglo E-Carts?

Daddio

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Getting older so using my regular push cart less and less but prefer to walk certain courses so am looking seriously into Electric trolleys now. On paper the Axglo E-3 and E-5 seem to offer a lot for the price but I'm not finding much in the way of comparative reviews. Anyone else looking into these or have 1st, (or 2nd) hand experience ... good or bad. Thanks!

I bought the E5 about 2 weeks ago. Ended up being $1,700 or so and I received it within 3 days of ordering (Chicagoland area).

Pros so far:
1. Very stable. Have not tipped it yet. Even on some big hills.
2. Battery lasts forever. I've been averaging under 30% battery used for 18 holes (decently hilly course).
3. Easy to set up.
4. Follow feature is great. I use it about 80% of the time, even on bridges. It's amazing to walk down the fairway with hands in your pocket, just like using a caddy.
5. Remote is very good, although takes a few rounds to get used to all the features.
6. Not specifically E5 but I definitely had more energy after using it during my round.

Cons so far:
1. Bit awkward and heavy taking it out of my trunk. Not really an issue but just letting you know.
2. They want you to use an umbrella when it rains, which is surprising it's not fully water resistant.
3. Remote range is not as good as one would expect. Maybe 30-40 yards? Normally not an issue since you normally want it somewhat close to you anyways.
4. Follow feature - you need to tell your playing partners not to cross between you and the cart. It will run into people.
5. Follow feature uses the Bluetooth to follow the remote. It works even if you have it in your front pocket, but it definitely works best on your belt or in a back pocket.

Most of those cons are just small things. In general I love this thing, I've already ordered a seat as well. Price point is perfect, 1k cheaper than Stewart that also has the follow feature.
Let me know if you have any questions. You can also DM me your phone number and I'll send you some videos of it working.

Really appreciate your efforts to provide such a comprehensive breakdown @sopel10 . It's spot on. My E3 arrived last night and I got in round #1 with it today. It's my 1st E cart so I learned a ton today and I think I'm going to love this thing. I can't believe how well handled my very hilly home course. Even 'saved itself' from a couple rookie blunders. Best was when I accidentally shut off remote while it was parked about 30 yards away on the crowned bank over a deep bunker. Cart rolled down the bank somehow did a 360 as it went over the lip and into the bunker but never tipped over. I'm liking the follow and also the cruise control mode. I was able to remote control it at least 70 yards out ahead of me in the cruise mode, I didn't test how far it might work. The seat was out of stock so I wasn't able to order one but will soon.

Hit the ball real well today all the way to the end of the almost 20K steps round and I think the E cart was a prime reason.

Last edited:
I see you couldn’t wait too long ;). I was the same way, I watched all YouTube videos and just ordered it. I’ll have to measure the range on the remote next time I play, it really seemed a lot less than 70 yards for me. The seat was on back order and they are supposed to be back in stock early September. I’m glad you are enjoying it.

2nd round with my E3 today. I over estimated remote range in previous reply. Was actually stopping @55 yards in cruise mode (lasered). Course I played today was jam packed so I had time to mess around on various side slopes, hills and areas with bumpy tree roots. Super impressed with the stability. Never tipped it but did bounce my yeti out of the drink holder:(. Hot and muggy, I was the only person I saw walking today. Still I experienced another better than normal ball striking day. Hit 11/13 fairways including the last 8 and shot just 6 over. I do wish the center storage compartment was setup to hold a scorecard though. Strange it doesn't since it has a slot for the pencil?

Last edited:
2nd round with my E3 today. I over estimated remote range in previous reply. Was actually stopping @55 yards in cruise mode (lasered). Course I played today was jam packed so I had time to mess around on various side slopes, hills and areas with bumpy tree roots. Super impressed with the stability. Never tipped it but did bounce my yeti out of the drink holder:(. Hot and muggy, I was the only person I saw walking today. Still I experienced another better than normal ball striking day. Hit 11/13 fairways including the last 8 and shot just 6 over. I do wish the center storage compartment was setup to hold a scorecard though. Strange it doesn't since it has a slot for the pencil?

I noticed better range if it's on a flat ground and dead ahead of me. If it's hilly or there are any obstructions in between, range decreases.

I'm trying to figure out the differences between E3 and E5. It seems that E3 doesn't have the power assisted speed control mode (which I never use anyways). E3 also seems to be longer? My dad is looking at getting one, and I'm not sure why I'd recommend E5 over E3.

I'm glad I came accross this thread. I actually ordered one of these last night. Really looking forward to getting out there with it.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm glad I came accross thjs thread. I actually ordered one of these last night. Really looking forward to getting out there with it.

Good to hear. That makes at least 3 of us on the forum. I'm 8 rounds in with mine and couldn't be happier. 3 guys in my skins group are seriously looking into buying Axglo too after checking mine out. One of them informed the group his trusty MGI is officially up for sale after being paired with me last week.
In an earlier post I erroneously mentioned that I was disappointed my E3 didn't hold a scorecard. It does I was just too dumb to figure it out.

I noticed better range if it's on a flat ground and dead ahead of me. If it's hilly or there are any obstructions in between, range decreases...
Yes, I've begun noticing this range reduction too after reading your response. Thanks.
I'll get a chance to push the battery a little harder given where I'm supposed to shotgun start today. The final 3/4 mile plays downhill from the high point on my home course but I'll need to trek up there to start adding 1.5 miles to what is typically and 8.25 mile course. Typically lose just over 1 bar on my battery at that course, might be 2 bars today?

Anybody experienced the blue light when using the follow mode? When I turn it on, sometimes it gives me the blue light instead of green, and it is very hesitant to follow, usually staying a little too far behind me.

...I'll get a chance to push the battery a little harder given where I'm supposed to shotgun start today. The final 3/4 mile plays downhill from the high point on my home course but I'll need to trek up there to start adding 1.5 miles to what is typically and 8.25 mile course. Typically lose just over 1 bar on my battery at that course, might be 2 bars today...
fwiw still had 3 bars on the battery after 9.7 hilly miles today.

It looks like the only differences between the E3 and E5 is how it folds and power speed control. How important is powered speed control, I have never had an electric cart before

It looks like the only differences between the E3 and E5 is how it folds and power speed control. How important is powered speed control, I have never had an electric cart before
I only used the power speed control when it was raining, and I had the umbrella up. In general, I can't ever see myself using it besides when it's raining. E3 seems like a steal when you compare the features to E5.

I only used the power speed control when it was raining, and I had the umbrella up. In general, I can't ever see myself using it besides when it's raining. E3 seems like a steal when you compare the features to E5.

where did you buy yours from?

Just ordered my E3 from Motogolf.com Axglo site was out of stock $1,349

Just received mine yesterday. Screwed around with it in the back yard but only for a few minutes. I'm hoping the rain holds off this weekend so I can get it out there.

Just received mine yesterday. Screwed around with it in the back yard but only for a few minutes. I'm hoping the rain holds off this weekend so I can get it out there.

E3 or E5?

E3 or E5?
E3. I wasn't spending 400 dollars more for basically the same cart.

E3. I wasn't spending 400 dollars more for basically the same cart.

Did you get to play this weekend if so how did you like the cart?

Unfortunatly no. Reminents of the tropical storm made it too wet. I'm hoping to soon, though

I was able to get a quick 9 in today on my home course (very hilly) and I can honestly say I am impressed. It surpassed my expectations. The only issue I had was trying to operate the cart remotely from a raised green. It seemed to lose signal as the cart was below me.

The follow mode is awesome. Works without any issues. I attached my bushnell wingman to the bag, and it was just so much more fun and relaxing to play golf this way.

Probably the best money I've spent on an equipment purchase in a really long time. If anyone is on the fence about getting this cart and/or looking for a quality electric cart, I highly reccomend the E3. Hoping to get out this weekend for a full 18, but so far, so good.

I was able to get a quick 9 in today on my home course (very hilly) and I can honestly say I am impressed. It surpassed my expectations. The only issue I had was trying to operate the cart remotely from a raised green. It seemed to lose signal as the cart was below me.

The follow mode is awesome. Works without any issues. I attached my bushnell wingman to the bag, and it was just so much more fun and relaxing to play golf this way.

Probably the best money I've spent on an equipment purchase in a really long time. If anyone is on the fence about getting this cart and/or looking for a quality electric cart, I highly reccomend the E3. Hoping to get out this weekend for a full 18, but so far, so good.

Mine will be here tomorrow.

Hi folks,
Any further thoughts on the Axglo? I am thinking of picking up an E5.

Hi folks,
Any further thoughts on the Axglo? I am thinking of picking up an E5.

I got my E3 last weekend and will take it out on its Maiden voyage on Saturday. The E5 folds a bit smaller and has Power speed control. I like so far messing with it around the yard

Back