Anyone have experience with Axglo E-Carts?

I just ordered the E5, won't arrive until November'ish.

BTW - axglo50 gets $50 off from motogolf, no taxes- $1699 shipped is a pretty darn good deal for what looks like a well built follow me caddy.

Good to hear. That makes at least 3 of us on the forum. I'm 8 rounds in with mine and couldn't be happier. 3 guys in my skins group are seriously looking into buying Axglo too after checking mine out. One of them informed the group his trusty MGI is officially up for sale after being paired with me last week.
In an earlier post I erroneously mentioned that I was disappointed my E3 didn't hold a scorecard. It does I was just too dumb to figure it out.
Hi there, I just finished my first round with the E3. How did you get your scorecard attached?

Hi there, I just finished my first round with the E3. How did you get your scorecard attached?
The pencil holder is rubber and a scorecard slides under the bottom edge of it and holds well even in the wind. I hope you enjoy your Axglo as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Love this thing. It takes a bit to get used to the process but the follow-me feature is money. I have gotten a bunch of comments! You can't tip this thing over. I had it going up hills down hills side hills no problem what-so-ever.

Any concerns with weight when moving it in and out of the trunk of a car? Can the follow me feature keep a decent pace or do you need walk slowly?

Love this thing. It takes a bit to get used to the process but the follow-me feature is money. I have gotten a bunch of comments! You can't tip this thing over. I had it going up hills down hills side hills no problem what-so-ever.

Any concerns with weight when moving it in and out of the trunk of a car? Can the follow me feature keep a decent pace or do you need walk slowly?
My E3 supposedly weighs just 31lb so it's not really an issue for me. But there again I drive a small SUV so I'm also not needing to lower it vertically into a trunk. You're able to program your preferred max follow pace and also follow distance via the phone app. It remembers those settings for future uses. Mine has had no problem keeping up even when I'm walking quicker than I normally do.

No need to walk slowly. You can even slightly jog. If you leave it you can call it to come to you (Pretty cool). It is not light but not heavy. I have a small trunk and I have had no issues.

The only thing I do not like is the remote uses Micro USB instead of USB C. Took me a second to figure out, make sure you hit the lock button when you leave the cart or it will turn off.

It took me a minute to learn to drive with the remote but it gets easier even though I do not use it much that way. They say do not use the follow me feature over bridges but I have not had any issues.

Question, What bags are guys using? I have a bag boy chiller hybrid stand and the stand gets in the way. Thinking about a new bag.

Question, What bags are guys using? I have a bag boy chiller hybrid stand and the stand gets in the way. Thinking about a new bag.
Either my Ogio Woode 15 Cart Bag or my Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC hybrid stand bag. I hit a lot of bumps and climb hills pretty aggressively and both do alright but not perfect. I do lock the stand bag legs from opening but I can sometimes get a little twisting since there isn't a bottom strap on my Axglo. Doesn't happen every round and when it does it's minor and I simply twist the bag back to straight if I happen to notice it. Thought about bungee on the bottom part of the Axglo the first time it happened but it's so minor I don't even think about it anymore. I'm sure there are better fitting bags than mine if you shop around though.

Hi Everyone,
I took the E5 out yesterday for its maiden voyage and figured to share some thoughts on the unit.

Design:
The E5 is built properly and with great design consideration. Nothing on the actual unit is cheap feeling, the unit is robust. Very little plastic used, and the plastic that is used is not cheap.

The accessory package is a mixed bag. The drink holder is great and does not get in the way of the unit when folded. The cell phone holder is garbage and possibly an afterthought. Axglo provides a place for a pencil, would also have been helpful to have a simple scorecard holder like the Caddytek pushcarts. I might consider 'making' my own Caddytek scorecard holder, it is simply a few holes and the stretchy cord or maybe use magnets. I have not yet attached the umbrella holder, did not need an umbrella today.

The bag holder is standard fair and will suit a wide range of both stand bags and cart bags. One caveat is the umbrella holder of my current bag the Sun Mountain LS 14, like most has the umbrella holder towards the back. This is a bit problematic to use with this cart because the top holder surrounds this area of the bag, the solution is to move the umbrella.

Fold/Unfold:
The Axglo E5 folds and unfolds intuitively and has a smaller folded footprint than my Caddytek 3. Much to my surprise it is not cumbersome or heavy to maneuver in and out of the car boot.

Charging:
Main unit battery can be charged when the battery is in the cart or out of the cart. The remote can be charged via supplied* USB cable.

On Course Use:
Luckily for anyone reading this, I arrived to the course and much to my surprise - the remote was barely charged. *I thought it was odd that when I plugged the remote in for charging, using a similar cable I already owned, that no indicators of charging were displayed. Having never used the unit, I simply thought this was normal. I now know that charging the remote does provide a red charge indicating light :/

I was able to use Axglo E5 in follow me mode for 3 holes before the remote gave up. The 2nd and 3rd holes of the course played have a steep incline and decline. The unit handled this exceptionably well and put any concerns I had to rest. Use was simply grab the remote, unlock and hit the follow me button, I walked with the remote in hand and it followed without fail. Truly exceeding my expectations and considerably better than pushing a cart. Really cool to have an electronic caddie!

With the remote no longer working, I had to shift my focus to something I did not plan for. I manually pushed the cart for two holes, including another elevated hole. It was no more taxing than pushing my Caddytek. At some point I figured out how to use the cart in assist mode, no longer requiring me to push - simply control the speed via the on handle dial and steer. I have no comparison to other electric carts, therefore I can only say it was unremarkable.

I did not get a chance to control the unit via the remote, outside of follow me mode. In addition, I did try to use the Axlgo app for control and was not able to do so on the course and in the moment without disrupting pace of play. This is largely my fault for not thoroughly testing all scenarios out prior to using it on course.

Battery:
The battery is rated for 36 holes and I believe it will actually go the distance. The indicator after my 9 hole round was down a quarter.

Value:
$1699 (tax and shipping included) shipped to my door, excellent value for the money. I find it hard to believe that someone would prefer a traditional electric cart over the follow me. The follow me really free's your mind on the course, it really is an electronic caddie. In comparision, the Motocaddy M7 for $1549 (tax & shipping?) does not have all the features of the Axglo. The Stewart Q Follow is $2799 (tax and shipping?), which is significantly more expensive and uses a lot of plastic, which can be prone to plastic fatigue.

One last thing to mention is Axglo customer support. I unboxed the unit the day it arrived and lifted the batter to reveal a tab that said 'remove me'. I removed the tab and could not seat the battery again. After 10 minutes looking at this, I decided to phone Axglo. To my delight a human answered the phone and within a minute simply asked me to look at that spot again and remove what was underneath the 'remove me' tag I lifted. Yes, you can laugh at my stupidity. Essentially it was a bit of foam that is used during transport to keep the battery from touching the terminals during transport.

Hope that provides some insight to anyone considering the Axglo carts. Axglo really needs to get these in the hands of some YT reviewers.

Last edited:
You can charge the remote with cart USB port or use your phoneas a remote. Where the pencil is that is a score card holder.

Last edited:
Appreciate the detailed writeup @j0nesy. Too bad your remote wasn't fully charged or you could've started testing out other features of your Axglo. Over the few months I've owned mine I've gotten to where I'm probably about 40% follow and 60% remote, usually changing modes as I progress down a hole. @cval is correct, you could've charged your remote from the cart USB if you had the cable with you. Same as you I assumed there was no scorecard holder the 1at time I took my E3 out. It's there, just slip the edge of your card under the pencil holder. Played in 25mph steady gusting over 40mph last week. Lost my hat when it blew off into a lake midswing but my scorecard held securely.

I bought the E5 about 2 weeks ago. Ended up being $1,700 or so and I received it within 3 days of ordering (Chicagoland area).

Pros so far:
1. Very stable. Have not tipped it yet. Even on some big hills.
2. Battery lasts forever. I've been averaging under 30% battery used for 18 holes (decently hilly course).
3. Easy to set up.
4. Follow feature is great. I use it about 80% of the time, even on bridges. It's amazing to walk down the fairway with hands in your pocket, just like using a caddy.
5. Remote is very good, although takes a few rounds to get used to all the features.
6. Not specifically E5 but I definitely had more energy after using it during my round.

Cons so far:
1. Bit awkward and heavy taking it out of my trunk. Not really an issue but just letting you know.
2. They want you to use an umbrella when it rains, which is surprising it's not fully water resistant.
3. Remote range is not as good as one would expect. Maybe 30-40 yards? Normally not an issue since you normally want it somewhat close to you anyways.
4. Follow feature - you need to tell your playing partners not to cross between you and the cart. It will run into people.
5. Follow feature uses the Bluetooth to follow the remote. It works even if you have it in your front pocket, but it definitely works best on your belt or in a back pocket.

Most of those cons are just small things. In general I love this thing, I've already ordered a seat as well. Price point is perfect, 1k cheaper than Stewart that also has the follow feature.
Let me know if you have any questions. You can also DM me your phone number and I'll send you some videos of it working.
Thanks for sharing all this.

@Daddio, thanks for the tip regarding the scorecard holder.

Anyone who will purchase the unit, try code:AXGLO50 - otherwise, call motogolf.com and ask if they have a discount code.

A couple YouTube reviewers have discount codes as well.

More observations:
Weather was good enough for a round of 18 yesterday. The course I played was a switchback with arch bridges and it was wet so some of the ground that was traversed was muddy. This was my 2nd outing and it is simply intuitive. The E5 performed flawlessly.
  • Unlock, hit the follow me button and walk to your tee.
  • Lock, place remote on the caddy, hit your shot, place club in bag, grab remote, hit unlock, hit follow me....and walk towards your ball. Repeat.
I cannot stress how nice it is to hit your ball and walk with the cart following. Two rounds in, and am comfortable enough to navigate in narrow spaces with ease. I do not regret this purchase.

One additional point worth noting is that, as an older male, I contend with issues in my hips, shoulders, back, and other areas. To manage these aches and pains, I incorporate yoga and stretching into my daily routine. Moreover, walking plays a significant role in my fitness regimen. Drawing inspiration from two relatives who lived to the age of 95, I've embraced daily walking. I walk the golf course because it helps me connect to my game and I enjoy the solitude of the walk itself. Not pushing the cart has proven to be a significant advantage in mitigating some of the aches, pains, and fatigue I might encounter in the latter half of a round.

That's all I got for now... :)

Hello Members, can someone tell me how you know when the remote control is fully charged? While charging, does the slow flashing red on/off button change colors when complete, or do you have to use the Axglo App to see what the % is under 'Remote control remaining'? Thanks.

Hello Members, can someone tell me how you know when the remote control is fully charged? While charging, does the slow flashing red on/off button change colors when complete, or do you have to use the Axglo App to see what the % is under 'Remote control remaining'? Thanks.
I've never seen mine change colors while charging. It's either slow flashing red or nothing. I tend to plug my remote into the wall charger after each round since Axglo recommends doing that for the big lithium battery anyway. I don't typically use the app while playing since I keep my phone stowed in my bag versus on me. Next time I'm out I'll try to remember to get my phone out to check how much remote charge it uses in a round. Probably doesn't actually need to be charged often?

... I don't typically use the app while playing since I keep my phone stowed in my bag versus on me. Next time I'm out I'll try to remember to get my phone out to check how much remote charge it uses in a round. Probably doesn't actually need to be charged often?
I remembered to check this last time out and to be honest I was surprised how much charge it used. Started off fully charged but I only had 73% remaining after a single round. Round took 3:13 and covered 7.16 miles. Remote was in use @ 45 mins and at least a half mile longer. But still to be safe I'll probably bring the charging cable along whenever I plan to do 36 in a day.

Last edited:
I remembered to check this last time out and to be honest I was surprised how much charge it used. Started off fully charged but I only had 73% remaining after a single round. Round took 3:13 and covered 7.16 miles. Remote was in use @ 45 mins and at least a half mile longer. But still to be safe I'll probably bring the charging cable along whenever I plan to do 36 in a day.
Thanks for the update. I think my remote was faulty, so I sent it back to Axglo and they've sent me a new replacement. Excellent Customer Support!

Any suggestions on how to clean the wheels? They tell you not to use a hose.

Yeah it can be a pain but a hose wouldn't be a good idea with where the motors and battery electronics are located. I keep a small stiff bristled brush in the cargo area of my SUV. Also keep a small putty knife back there for real sticky mud or goose crap. Usually wait to clean the wheels until later since I have a cargo area liner back there but I can see where it'd be a real pain in the parking lot if trying to keep your trunk clean on muddy days.

The muck on the underside of the tires, comes off cleanly with a wire brush.

Back