Alphard Golf Club Booster Sidekick Goes Live

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. There's a BUNCH of tips and tricks on the Alphard Facebook group, so hopefully it won't be too much of a disaster for me. I'll probably test it out in the yard a bit before I actually take it to the course.

I'm pondering one of these and have kind of a specific question. The 1 or 2 times I've played with someone with one of these, they were using it in right side follow mode, and they were a right handed golfer. When they stopped to hit their ball, the Sidekick was searching for them, and it seemed like the sound of the unit turning would be kind of annoying/distracting over the ball. Can anyone confirm if you turn follow mode off if that sound goes away, or does the unit "look" for you anytime the unit is on (even if follow mode is off)?

I believe it will still 'look' for the remote. I usually either have the cart far enough away that it doesn't bother me, or I will take the remote off my belt and leave it with the cart.

Been meaning to post for a while about my experiences with the Alphard V2 and the Sidekick.

To level set everything here - y'all must know that I'm a gadget guy. Something that might have an impact, I want to get and try out. Watches, rangefinders, swingspeed increasers... love them all. But far and away the best, yes the best gadget I've ever purchased has been the Alphard V2 along with the CB Sidekick. To think that I can repurpose my ClicGear 3.5 into a motorized push cart.... and have it follow me throughout a round. It's been a round and game changer and I can honestly say that I'm not as tired as I was when pushing a cart up hills and throughout a round.

Overall it's a relatively easy setup and take down of the whole system. The wheels connect easily to the pushcart and the sidekick setup is easy as well - connect it to the bag attachment and go. Turn on the remote, V2, and the sidekick and they connect to each other quickly. The V2 battery lasts about 27 holes, unless its a super hilly course or my bag is weighed down... or a combo of both. But normally after 18, I'm less than halfway through the battery.

At least once a round I have someone ask about it and how it works as well as the cost. $1050 right now for the whole setup is a steal in my mind. I have very few problems with the whole contraption and it's a rare occassion that there are any issues during the round as well.

Honestly one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I had trouble with the follow feature working. The way my bag sits I think the clubs would block the signal. I Macgyvered a way to connect it to the front of my bag and now it follows along beautifully. It's great. I've had the sidekick since I preordered it but just started using it. Honestly though even without actually using it the remote that comes with it was ten times better than the standard remote. The magnetic belt clip is awesome and the range on the this remote is probably 75 to 100 yards now.

Back