Alphard Golf Club Booster Sidekick Goes Live

As I understand it, they are not shipping material delays, should be at Alphard late Feb and shipping them out beginning in March. I was on their site today, as I had to change my address from what was ordered to where I live now and they offered that up information wise.

That is a delay though as the first 100 were supposed to go out in Nov and didn't until end Dec/early Jan and the second batch (I believe my batch) were supposed to arrive in Jan. So March is 2 month delay. TBH it is kind of expected with them. Under promise and over deliver is not the motto they subscribe to when it comes to shipping times.

I just received an update email from Alphard.
Thank you again for your purchase of Sidekick. We're really excited to get the product shipped to you as soon as possible so you can experience for yourself how great it is to walk completely hands-free.

Unfortunately one of the components we need to complete your Sidekick was delayed in shipping. Therefore we now hope to send it to you by March 1st. You will get a notification once it has shipped, and we will keep you posted if anything else changes.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Alphard Golf. We will continue to do our very best to always deliver products of the highest quality that improve your golfing experience.

If you have any questions, you can reach us anytime at [email protected].

Thank you,

Alex and the team.

Anyone have any new info?

My sidekick showed up this weekend. Looking forward to testing it out. Unfortunately, we have over a foot of snow on the ground yet here in Minneapolis so it'll be another month before some courses open.

The price is now $329

Mine showed up to, if rain stops we're supposed to play Thursday. I plan to get it charged up today just in case we can get out.

I asked for an update, and here's the response:
The sidekick pre-orders are now being sent out based on the order in which they were received and numbered.

We expect all preorders to be fulfilled by the end of April at which point the CB sidekick will go on general sale.

Please bear with us as we're working to get your order shipped as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

I was hoping for something a little more specific to my order, but maybe my order number is near the end.

Received another update, this time with information specific to my order.

Glad to inform you that a new Sidekick shipment is arriving at our warehouse next week, and your order is in this batch list. We will send out pending orders starting late next week based on order sequence.

Couple hiccups where it just didn't follow right away but other than that it's been pretty good. The remote definitely has a longer range than the original I was about 65 to 70 yards out before I stopped it on one hole.
View attachment VID20230316145234.mp4

Off topic, but I like that cooler idea.

Off topic, but I like that cooler idea.

I have a carabiner strapped on that I hook
the cooler handles on and then it has two D-rings on the side of the cooler that I attach to the upright supports so it stays completely stationary and doesn't swing around, plus it sits on the motor. Works really well, been doing it this way couple years now.

Got my shipping notification!

Can't wait to start reading how this works. I am still debating on getting the Sidekick.

Mine was just delivered! I'll get a chance to use it Sunday morning.

My first nit-picky comment is I wish I could just screw it into my cart's umbrella holder spot, as an alternative to clamping it to the cart handle.

Mate received his today so I should get to see it in use Sunday.

Saw this in action yesterday. My mate is far from impressed. Saw it doing some funky stuff like moving in front of him rather than behind. It was also quite sporadic when it did decide to follow him randomly stopping. We finally figured it out that the driver in the bag seemed to be doing something. When he took the driver out of the bag and carried it, the cart seemed to work as expected and follow him. Driver back in the bag, it started acting all funky. I wasn’t all that impressed, my mate less so.

I also experienced some flakey behavior. It definitely has a harder time following in back mode. I had better success with right mode, following to my right and a little behind. Every once in a while when I stopped walking it would pull ahead of me a little, turn left and stop directly in front of me.

Another oddity, which I also sometimes run into with the regular remote, is when I want it to go forward and get up to speed quickly I press the forward button two or three times in a row, very quickly, like a double or triple click. This causes the base unit itself to enter a weird unresponsive state with the top battery LED blinking. It recovers after a few seconds.

Having said all that, I still enjoyed using it, and it worked well most of the round.

Last edited:
I'm going to try mounting it like this for my round tomorrow:
Sidekick.jpg

Found these 2 photos in the Club Booster V2 VIPs Facebook Group
339155886_734622731541070_1559868510258106430_n.jpg

339568637_207975995179995_4996794366077494194_n.jpg

Mounting the sidekick on the bag, opposite to the push cart handle was a big improvement.

Mounting the sidekick on the bag, opposite to the push cart handle was a big improvement.
Glad to hear this. That should eliminate Club interference. Mine arrived however it’s still in box for a couple more weeks. I’m headed back north for work

My mate give this another go today. He placed the little beacon thing in his bag rather than cart so there was no interference from the clubs. The thing didn’t follow him once. In fact, the little arrow thing that spins round and tells you what way the cart was going to go, was always pointing in the opposite direction. Sure enough, when he started the cart, he went one way, the cart went the completely opposite way. Every time. No idea what is going on with this, but whereas I was impressed with the actual V2 unit, the follow me add on does not seem to work at all. I’ve told him to contact Alphard to see if he’s got a dud unit.

After reading some of these posts, and thinking hard about how I use the device, I ended up selling mine - never even tried it. Too many bridges over water that are not super wide that worried me. I will surely keep an eye out for updates and be happy to try again in the future.

It's still working well for me. Not perfectly, but well. Sometimes there's a bit of a lag from when I push the follow me button. Follow me range seems quite a bit less than remote control range, so I had to get used to that. I have to use the remote to bring the cart closer to me, then push follow me. This is a moment when it can get confused if I block the signal as I attach the remote to the bracket on my belt. That's the other thing to remember: Not only will your clubs/bag block the directional signal between the sidekick and the remote, so will you body.

The arrow points toward the front of the push cart only when you power it on. After that the arrow points in the opposite direction of where it most recently determined the remote to be.

Back