Alphard Golf Club Booster Sidekick Goes Live

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You may recall that a while back we here at THP were able to review the Alphard Golf Club Booster V2 and also a true prototype follow device that was in the works for the V2 here.

Well, the time has come for it to go live, and starting today the Club Booster Sidekick is available through Alphard with the added incentive that if it is ordered between now and January 2023 there is a special $279 price, and from January to March 2023 that will increase to $299.

Info from Alphard on the Club Booster Sidekick:

CB(Club Booster) Sidekick is the first ever side-following solution that applies to an electric caddy. Unlike some conventional follow-behind caddies, the CB Sidekick allows your cart to be on your left, right, and of course behind. It's truly like having a caddy!

Without having to turn around frequently to check and see if your caddy is still there, you can focus on the game and let the Club Booster V2 do the driving for you.

Seamless transition between follow and remote modes.

Firmware upgrade available.

Simply pair the CB Sidekick and the new remote controller with the Club Booster V2 for the first time. Mount it on the handle. Choose your preferred mode and press follow.

7D5EFB73-F141-4591-BA7B-CF8C89500B47.jpeg

This is going to be a hot commodity for those that use push carts. Turn them into electric with a feature that few offer and was tested by @Jman in extreme beta mode and it worked well.

Been waiting for this to come out.

Will start walking more again now that the heat of summer is starting to let up. A couple guys in our mens group have the Alphard wheels and really like them. Been thinking about adding a set but didn’t want to have to fiddle with the remote all the time.

@Jman has me convinced this is the way to go. I know what my bonus from work is buying.

Hmmm. With this add-on I may look at going electric.

I like the v2 Anna have now used it a lot over 2 seasons - end of last and this year.

i ordered the follow adapter last week. Excited for its arrival, i think not until next year, for shipping, but that was sort of unclear.

I bought a refurb unit off their site and with the money I saved I decided to splurge and get the Sidekick option too. It showed up just in time for the weekend and I used it Sat and Sunday (18 holes each time). Loving it so far and can't wait for the Sidekick to show up (sometime this winter it looks like).

I have a cart with the follow feature, and to be perfectly honest I almost never use it (use the remote to keep the cart in front of me). Will be interesting to see how well this add-on sells for Alphard.

If this worked with a MotoCaddy I would buy it but I won't hold my breath.

What is the range of the follow feature?

If this worked with a MotoCaddy I would buy it but I won't hold my breath.

What is the range of the follow feature?
It is designed to follow 6 feet to the right, left or behind. I'm not sure how far you can be to "call" it to you but the remote generally has a range of about 50 yards if you're behind it and a bit less if you're in front as the bag, cart and in my case cooler block the signal a bit.

It is designed to follow 6 feet to the right, left or behind. I'm not sure how far you can be to "call" it to you but the remote generally has a range of about 50 yards if you're behind it and a bit less if you're in front as the bag, cart and in my case cooler block the signal a bit.
The remote range is much longer than the blutetooth follow range, if it’s anything like my Stewart there is no “call” feature to have the cart come to you outside of that 6 foot range

The remote range is much longer than the blutetooth follow range, if it’s anything like my Stewart there is no “call” feature to have the cart come to you outside of that 6 foot range
In that case you just remote it to you and then start the follow. Mine's on order and look forward to getting it in hand.

In that case you just remote it to you and then start the follow. Mine's on order and look forward to getting it in hand.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on it!

This might be on the ponder list for the spring

Has anyone heard anything new regarding availabilty?

This is pretty darn slick. Really cool idea and implementation.

Has anyone heard anything new regarding availabilty?
The first 100 pre orders got shipped a couple weeks ago. They have about 1600 pre-orders to fill before they open sales back up. They've been waiting on just one component I believe that got held up due to a factory closing or something along those lines. I think I'm in the next wave of orders to get shipped but not positive.

Thanks. I placed my order on 9/29, but don't have any idea where I fall among those 1600 pre-orders.

Something like this would be the way to get me to use a cart. I like walking, I don't like pushing a cart. A semi-autonomous cart? Yes please, if it really works.

Something like this would be the way to get me to use a cart. I like walking, I don't like pushing a cart. A semi-autonomous cart? Yes please, if it really works.

It works great also with the provided remote or the tether follow system.

It works great also with the provided remote or the tether follow system.
When walking, I'm often planning the next shot, talking with partners or just warming my hands :D, so I wouldn't want to use the remote. And the tether seems a bit restrictive. I was looking at their EU shop and the prices are not that bad IMO. What I like about this wireless system is what the pitch is. "Like a caddie". That it's just there. I know I'm picky and all of what I'm saying is not true, but I know why I usually walk and not use a push cart.

I'm intrigued about this and would love to test this somewhere.

Would love to get you guys' thoughts on this for those who pre-ordered.

I'm wondering how easily it can switch between remote and caddy follow modes. My local courses have a fair amount of obstacles (not just hazards but staked off areas, random bushes and narrow walking paths between holes) that I'll probably need to use the remote to navigate frequently.

As I understand it, they are not shipping material delays, should be at Alphard late Feb and shipping them out beginning in March. I was on their site today, as I had to change my address from what was ordered to where I live now and they offered that up information wise.

Would love to get you guys' thoughts on this for those who pre-ordered.

I'm wondering how easily it can switch between remote and caddy follow modes. My local courses have a fair amount of obstacles (not just hazards but staked off areas, random bushes and narrow walking paths between holes) that I'll probably need to use the remote to navigate frequently.

I won't know until it gets here but my understanding is it should be pretty seamless. You stop and hit the unfollow button. My guess is you could hit that while walking and then just start controlling it.

Back