Aaron Boone Ejected Because of Fan

Wendelstedt needs to avoid linguine before the game. Apologies to my Italian friends.

For everyone who is blaming the ump, please read the context of what happened. Boone was told to stop arguing with the umpire about a hit by pitch for the first batter of the game or he would be thrown out. Someone from the direction of the Yankee dugout says something (it wasn't Boone) while the next batter is up and Boone got tossed. Not saying the ump was right, but he just didn't toss Boone for no reason.

Given Boone's reputation and his history of being ejected, I think it's funny that it happened 2 batters into the game
This cant happen.. you can’t throw a guy out on a mistake.
East to confirm that ump was wrong. It's ok to make a mistake, but to dig your heels in when you are objectively wrong is weak.
Exactly.. figure out it wasn’t him and remove the ejection and move on.

I don’t like the Yankees but this is wild on the umpires haha

Its like MLB umpires think we watch baseball to see them! They are not supposed to be the show. Right Angel?

Angel?

Oh geez, I forgot, he can't see past his ego to read a monitor.

Its like MLB umpires think we watch baseball to see them! They are not supposed to be the show. Right Angel?

Angel?

Oh geez, I forgot, he can't see past his ego to read a monitor.
What do you mean? This guy is moey🤣🤣🤣

1713826623490.jpeg

It’s the Yankees, so I’m torn between i don’t mind and i don’t care.

Sounds like a Ron Luciano special. He threw earl weaver out at the line up card delivery to the umpire.

Yeah this is really bad. I understand that Boone had already gotten a warning but to toss him for something coming from the dugout area but not from him is ridiculous.

I know it could have been avoided if Boone hadn’t had gone off earlier but when you have clear evidence it wasn’t him and the ref on mic saying he doesn’t give a s*** it wasn’t him it looks bad. MLB should review and discipline the ump.

Pretty crazy and kind of funny. I can see how the ump would think it came from Boone but think after he explained there should have been some sort of review or something but understand that isn't a normal process

This cant happen.. you can’t throw a guy out on a mistake.

What’s the mistake? In the moment how do you determine it was a mistake? The ump heard something.

You can’t say the camera showed Boone didn’t say anything. And don’t say replay either.

What’s the mistake? In the moment how do you determine it was a mistake? The ump heard something.

You can’t say the camera showed Boone didn’t say anything. And don’t say replay either.
It’s a huge mistake in that an umpire threw out a manager for something a fan yelled. You can clearly see the ump say no more and Boone acknowledges it and agrees with him. If the ump was so bothered by Boone he should be able to decipher the different voice. It’s actually a comically bad mistake.

Hunter Wendelstedt... chip off the ole' block... his dad Harry was a pr*** umpire who was borderline and Hunter is the same.... glad nepotism in the umpire ranks gets the best of the best.... :oops:

Ump Show.

This was bad.

It’s a huge mistake in that an umpire threw out a manager for something a fan yelled. You can clearly see the ump say no more and Boone acknowledges it and agrees with him. If the ump was so bothered by Boone he should be able to decipher the different voice. It’s actually a comically bad mistake
In addition to being able to call balls and strikes, umps need to be voice recognition experts too. :ROFLMAO:

Umps can’t be so sensitive they are throwing out managers on the 2nd hitter.

That was terrible. Should have asked for a review. Lol.

Ump show is at an all time worst. You should never be able to throw someone out without seeing them do what your throwing them out for

It’s getting harder and harder to argue against replacing umps with machines

Umps can’t be so sensitive they are throwing out managers on the 2nd hitter.
I don’t think Managers should be on the field arguing with the umpires either.

MLB umps have way too much influence over the game and are wrong alot of the time. Here's another example.

In addition to being able to call balls and strikes, umps need to be voice recognition experts too. :ROFLMAO:
Haha.. fair. I get what you are saying but I think it’s a crazy take to say the umpire didn’t do anything wrong here. Or that it’s just a simple mistake and should be overlooked. They should be held accountable just like anyone else.

Haha.. fair. I get what you are saying but I think it’s a crazy take to say the umpire didn’t do anything wrong here. Or that it’s just a simple mistake and should be overlooked. They should be held accountable just like anyone else.
I appreciate what you are saying and I enjoy the banter over this subject. Zero accountability for umps in this situation. There may be some accountability for bad calls on the field, but there won't be any for an ejection regardless of what precipitated it.

To me, it's an interesting situation becuse it involves the Yankees and Boone who has a history of being ejected.

I appreciate what you are saying and I enjoy the banter over this subject. Zero accountability for umps in this situation. There may be some accountability for bad calls on the field, but there won't be any for an ejection regardless of what precipitated it.

To me, it's an interesting situation becuse it involves the Yankees and Boone who has a history of being ejected.
I appreciate the fact that we can have the banter and a respectful discussion while having a difference of opinion. Can't wait to tee it up w/ you this summer.

Back to subject matter... I do think Boone's history played a part here. To be honest.. it's probably not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Just feels like it could have been avoided or corrected. Crazy to think that in 2024 a fan can yell and get the manager tossed.

Back