2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

My sister had a dozen donuts delivered to our house at 7am. I didn’t abide. I feel like that is the biggest food victory of my life.

My sister had a dozen donuts delivered to our house at 7am. I didn’t abide. I feel like that is the biggest food victory of my life.
How the hell did you not? I would have trouble not snagging one. Good job.

Back to hardcore macro tracking tomorrow. Got meals set, got snacks set, really need to get back to hitting 200g of protein a day.
I have trouble getting 150g. Even with chicken, tuna, protein drink and Greek yogurt.

How the hell did you not? I would have trouble not snagging one. Good job.
My wife is a savior. I handle morning duty and brought them in and went about getting kids ready for day. She came down when I was leaving for golf and told me not to and I’d regret it. So I didn’t. I regretted not getting one but am super happy now.

My wife is a savior. I handle morning duty and brought them in and went about getting kids ready for day. She came down when I was leaving for golf and told me not to and I’d regret it. So I didn’t. I regretted not getting one but am super happy now.
She's a saint. Regretting then always leads to happier now.

I have trouble getting 150g. Even with chicken, tuna, protein drink and Greek yogurt.
I have no issue with getting 200, as long as I prep the day before.

High protein yogurt plus protein powder is a great snack and typically gets me a quick 60g.

I am slowly grinding off the pounds with a low fat diet. It would be hard for me to cut carbs and fat at the same time. Is there something I can do to drop a few pounds quickly? Juice cleanse? I drank broth a whole day prepping for my colonoscopy a while back and it was easy. The lbs are coming off slowly but surely. losing a nice chunk quick would be good for morale.

I have no issue with getting 200, as long as I prep the day before.

High protein yogurt plus protein powder is a great snack and typically gets me a quick 60g.
200g seems like a lot but is totally doable with the right planning. It’s tough for me personally due to issues with lactose that makes whey protein a non-starter but still possible.

I started off my journey back into high protein low carb off with a goal of 125g and I’m consistently crushing that. Gonna step up to 150g this week.

Two an egg or two and half a cup of egg whites. It’ll fill you up pretty easily, and it’s about 33g of protein. 20% of the way there

New year, new thread. New initiative to lose that 5 -7 pounds I gained over the holidays. I stopped going to the gym and haven't been riding my bike lately because the weather. And @dutchie being such a great cook hasn't helped. I'm happy now. It'd been almost 2 years of unhappiness then I met her. Now I'm happy. Deliriously so.

She'll be heading home for a bit. In the interim I'm dropping that weight. I want to get back to 150 and stay there.

200g seems like a lot but is totally doable with the right planning. It’s tough for me personally due to issues with lactose that makes whey protein a non-starter but still possible.

I started off my journey back into high protein low carb off with a goal of 125g and I’m consistently crushing that. Gonna step up to 150g this week.
I am lactose intolerant as well, so have gotten creative over the last few years.

Lactose free cottage cheese has been a game changer for me, and really helps hit protein goals, as I mix it in with everything. Did liquid eggs blended with lactose free cottage cheese for breakfast this morning. 53g protein, 185 calories, and it was a ton to eat.

I am lactose intolerant as well, so have gotten creative over the last few years.

Lactose free cottage cheese has been a game changer for me, and really helps hit protein goals, as I mix it in with everything. Did liquid eggs blended with lactose free cottage cheese for breakfast this morning. 53g protein, 185 calories, and it was a ton to eat.
I need to give cottage cheese another try. Last I’ve had it was probably 20 years ago. I’m not a fan of the texture at all but I see so many high protein recipes with it and most of the time it’s blended so texture wouldn’t be an issue.

I need to give cottage cheese another try. Last I’ve had it was probably 20 years ago. I’m not a fan of the texture at all but I see so many high protein recipes with it and most of the time it’s blended so texture wouldn’t be an issue.
Im with you, the texture is awful. However, throw it in the vitamix and blend it out and it's a great replacement for recipes that call for cream cheese, ricotta, etc.

Plus, packed with protein.

I made a really good "cream cheese" spread out of it over the weekend. Added garlic, chives and fresh jalapeno and fluffed it up and put it on homemade bagels. It really is good, if used right!

I am slowly grinding off the pounds with a low fat diet. It would be hard for me to cut carbs and fat at the same time. Is there something I can do to drop a few pounds quickly? Juice cleanse? I drank broth a whole day prepping for my colonoscopy a while back and it was easy. The lbs are coming off slowly but surely. losing a nice chunk quick would be good for morale.
Cabbage soup diet...

Im with you, the texture is awful. However, throw it in the vitamix and blend it out and it's a great replacement for recipes that call for cream cheese, ricotta, etc.

I made a really good "cream cheese" spread out of it over the weekend. Added garlic, chives and fresh jalapeno and fluffed it up and put it on homemade bagels. It really is good, if used right!
Yeah, I’m going to give it a go this week in a high protein burrito recipe

Had a great talk with my nutrition coach. I explained to her that I kind of went all or nothing and burnt myself out with how strict/structured I was being. She said she wants this to be fun not a job, so we are switching things up and I am really excited about it. So my new goal for now is to not count calories, just make sure I hit my protein goal, get in complex carbohydrates and try to keep my fats to a minimum. Fruits and veggies can be endless, no restrictions on that, and to overall just use my best judgement. I know how to eat well and enjoy it, but I was getting to rigid, I was literally weighing out a tablespoon of something to make sure my macros were exact and that I hit all my numbers to the decimal. So no more of that, and this new found freedom feels amazing!

I am also going back to some more fun workouts and not worrying so much about always hitting a PR, and let it happen more naturally rather than trying to make sure it happens. I also bought a walking pad for under my desk or even in front of the TV. I am hopeful the extra shock absorption will be better for my back and let me actually get some steps in because walking on pavement is simply a no-go for me.

Had a great talk with my nutrition coach. I explained to her that I kind of went all or nothing and burnt myself out with how strict/structured I was being. She said she wants this to be fun not a job, so we are switching things up and I am really excited about it. So my new goal for now is to not count calories, just make sure I hit my protein goal, get in complex carbohydrates and try to keep my fats to a minimum. Fruits and veggies can be endless, no restrictions on that, and to overall just use my best judgement. I know how to eat well and enjoy it, but I was getting to rigid, I was literally weighing out a tablespoon of something to make sure my macros were exact and that I hit all my numbers to the decimal. So no more of that, and this new found freedom feels amazing!

I am also going back to some more fun workouts and not worrying so much about always hitting a PR, and let it happen more naturally rather than trying to make sure it happens. I also bought a walking pad for under my desk or even in front of the TV. I am hopeful the extra shock absorption will be better for my back and let me actually get some steps in because walking on pavement is simply a no-go for me.
This is where I am at as well, I got burnt out last summer after 6 months of being so strict and got so frustrated.

Im not worrying about calories, focusing on hitting my protein goals daily, and getting enough carbs for fuel. Still limiting fats.

You cant overeat protein, add in fruit and veggies and I am good. Really focusing on whole foods right now.

My entire family loves it - I just can't do it.

Also lactose intolerant like @War Eagle I don't even search it out, but I have seen it plenty in the wild.

Smart and that's nice to see your change. I'm excited to see what you do this upcoming year.

I know that I can't and won't do the overly structured things. To each their own sort of thing, but there's no way that I'm going to spend that sort of time or dedication - I've always been a jist sort of person, which helps me mentally but I don't get a ton of exact data.

Variety is the spice of life and sometimes that's more important to me than following a strict guideline.

This, @War Eagle nailed it, you can blend it up if you don't like the texture, it will be more like ricotta cheese at that point and it is so versatile.
This is where I am at as well, I got burnt out last summer after 6 months of being so strict and got so frustrated.

Im not worrying about calories, focusing on hitting my protein goals daily, and getting enough carbs for fuel. Still limiting fats.

You cant overeat protein, add in fruit and veggies and I am good. Really focusing on whole foods right now.
We are 100% on the same page, same journey, the freedom feels amazing doesn't it?
My entire family loves it - I just can't do it.

Also lactose intolerant like @War Eagle I don't even search it out, but I have seen it plenty in the wild.
Like @War Eagle said above, they make lactose free cottage cheese, Good Culture is by far the best.

This, @War Eagle nailed it, you can blend it up if you don't like the texture, it will be more like ricotta cheese at that point and it is so versatile.

We are 100% on the same page, same journey, the freedom feels amazing doesn't it?

Like @War Eagle said above, they make lactose free cottage cheese, Good Culture is by far the best.
It's funny, I didnt count a single calorie in December. I focused on protein intake, whole foods, but had snacks when I wanted and didnt feel guilty about it. I worked out, did my cardio. Guess what? Lost a few lbs, after a 3 month plateau.

Last week, I took the week to figure out what I wanted to do and how December changed my mindset. So, here I am. Going to focus on the gym, my cardio and fueling appropriately with good food vs stressing out over every single thing I pick up to eat.

Such a better mindset vs being scared about what I am putting in my body.

Back