2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver Copper – Initial Review

The “2nd” slot in my bag (after driver, typically a 3 wood), is an ever-going carousel of golf clubs. I don’t often hit 3 wood off the deck during a round whether it be the lack of the situation happening, or having the confidence in the scenario where the reward would be worth it. So typically, I try and find some kind of strong 3 wood to put in this spot that I can use off the tee if driver isn’t going well, or I really feel like I need to hit a draw.

I had posted it in another thread, but the golf club I wish I had back was my old 12-degree SLDR Mini Driver. It had an OG Whiteboard in it, and I could hit that thing however I wanted. For a short time, I had taken driver out and only hit that.

Now as I said the 2nd slot has been a roller coaster for me. It’s mostly been a placeholder and sometimes taking it out for another wedge or a driving iron and hybrid.

Enter in the BRNR Mini Driver Copper.

I didn’t pull the trigger on last year’s Mini Driver and was kicking myself going into the off season. I tried a couple of 3 woods out but never fell in love with any. I had hemmed and hawed at it but decided to give it a shot this year.

I like the visuals of this driver. I know the copper edge doesn’t sit right with everyone, but I dig it. The headcover design is wonderful and I love paying homage to the old school vibe.

I am also a big fan of the adjustability of the TM loft sleeve. Being able to affect the loft and lie that much is super nice and gives a ton of options to fitters and players. I know I am still myself dialing mine in.

So far into the season, I like this club. I’m not sure if I’m in love with it yet. I think a lot of that comes down to getting this club dialed in. I haven’t found the setting yet where I feel all the confidence in the world. Like I mentioned, I like this club to be able to hit the power draw when I need it and I’m just not getting what I need. I am also feeling really good with my Darkspeed driver and haven’t had a ton of opportunities for this to shine. The LIN-Q blue in it feels good and I’m getting some good ball speeds, but it’s not exactly “there” yet.

I have a feeling this club may up in the bullpen as a “break in case of emergency” if my driver starts feeling too loose. I just haven’t had the confidence to shape this club how my SLDR did in the past or how some other 3 woods can.

I do have an ST-G 3 wood on order that acted REALLY nice in the bay for me. It will be a battle of these 2 throughout the spring and summer, and I’ll be sure to update the thread as I have more to contribute.

Not sure its any better than my 300 as I hit them side by side, and I think the 300 feels/sounds better too. But, the copper retro look is just fun enough I might not care about performance hahaha

Stock shaft isn't a great fit, but, I knew that when I traded in for the club.

It never ceases to amaze me how well I hit these stupid clubs off the turf hahaha

Not sure its any better than my 300 as I hit them side by side, and I think the 300 feels/sounds better too. But, the copper retro look is just fun enough I might not care about performance hahaha

Stock shaft isn't a great fit, but, I knew that when I traded in for the club.

It never ceases to amaze me how well I hit these stupid clubs off the turf hahaha
i too think the 300 was awesome at what i needed it for but completely agree the copper look is awesome. You and i were always in that minority that preferred the white chalk framing of the SIM models compared to the blacked out look of the stealth. I really like the copper frame on the new BRNR over the previous model

i too think the 300 was awesome at what i needed it for but completely agree the copper look is awesome. You and i were always in that minority that preferred the white chalk framing of the SIM models compared to the blacked out look of the stealth. I really like the copper frame on the new BRNR over the previous model
I loved the chalk outline of the SIM...still holds up for me too

I'm looking forward to getting this out on the course for another round. I had good results first time out, next round is on Saturday and this one will be used for the same 3 holes. Sound and feel is a little dead (not sure if that's the right word), definitely not bad but wish there was a little more audible pop to it

I'm looking forward to getting this out on the course for another round. I had good results first time out, next round is on Saturday and this one will be used for the same 3 holes. Sound and feel is a little dead (not sure if that's the right word), definitely not bad but wish there was a little more audible pop to it
Its definitely a muted/dead sounds. Similar to a well hit wood baseball bat

Reactions: MH
Agree on the frame, it’s the only reason I used my trade in funds on this versus just getting last years version haha

It does pose some….coordinating…issues when it comes to what shaft is installed in it, but that’s ok.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I just stayed with the 300 though.

Agree on the frame, it’s the only reason I used my trade in funds on this versus just getting last years version haha

It does pose some….coordinating…issues when it comes to what shaft is installed in it, but that’s ok.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I just stayed with the 300 though.
my rainbow KBS TD is pretty darn ugly with the copped head lol

Im liking the BRNR right now bc it's in a better spin window for me. The 300 would get too low spin for me at times and go farther than i actually wanted

my rainbow KBS TD is pretty darn ugly with the copped head lol

Im liking the BRNR right now bc it's in a better spin window for me. The 300 would get too low spin for me at times and go farther than i actually wanted
Rainbow and copper is definitely a bold combo hahaha

Feel like I made a little improvement with this club...took 1 click of loft off and just that touch of less loft and face opening up made it perform a bit better!

Did you go Kal’li white/blue, what’s your typical Driver SS with the x flex?
I went with the white, my driver speed ranges from 105-110. Sometimes a bit quicker sometimes a little slower. This shaft is not stout at all

Back