2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Don't you disparage Zambrano like that.
I am sure there are plenty of Cardinals you dislike(d) - He was a great pitcher and in those days could swing the bat better than some of his teammates

Don't worry - Kershaw will be back in time to blow another playoff series they will blame on Dave Roberts
He has 13 career playoff wins and a ring. Yeah.. he sux.

I am sure there are plenty of Cardinals you dislike(d) - He was a great pitcher and in those days could swing the bat better than some of his teammates
From both sides!

There is really only one Cardinal I'll actively talk smack about, but he's kind of like St Louis Jesus, so I won't do it here lol.

At least we can agree on Ryan Braun.

From both sides!

There is really only one Cardinal I'll actively talk smack about, but he's kind of like St Louis Jesus, so I won't do it here lol.

At least we can agree on Ryan Braun.
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB
Is it this guy?

He has 13 career playoff wins and a ring. Yeah.. he sux.
I’m shocked he has 13 playoff wins because he does stink in the playoffs. Goes from a hall of famer best of his generation to a back of the rotation 5 inning guy in October.

Is that GIF sped up? I don't think he moves that fast normally.
LOL - That is accurate.

I figured it was him - I can definitely see why opposing fans disliked him for sure.

Did I say he sucked? He is 13-13 with an ERA of almost 4.5 in the playoffs - wouldn't call that playoff dominance.

Let's not pretend he hasn't cost them quite a few
And I didn't mention any kind of dominance.

He has lost some big ones for sure... Dam you Matt Adams. But the story line that he is awful in playoffs isn't true.

He has lost some big ones for sure... Dam you Matt Adams. But the story line that he is awful in playoffs isn't true.

Relative to his career regular season performance you could make that argument.

I’m shocked he has 13 playoff wins because he does stink in the playoffs. Goes from a hall of famer best of his generation to a back of the rotation 5 inning guy in October.
His losses are very memorable and he has been mediocre in playoffs. People act like he's never won a game though.

His losses are very memorable and he has been mediocre in playoffs. People act like he's never won a game though.
Totally. He just becomes average. But that’s bad when you’re an all timer in the regular season. Plus he has coughed up quite a few games they were winning.

Plus it’s the Bums and they spend twice as much as everyone. Of course people want to point that out.

Relative to his career regular season performance you could make that argument.
I mean... yeah he's no where near his reg season stats sure. He also threw 7IP w/ 11K's against Astros in 2017 in a WS home start and then didn't get a swing & miss in a road start. He also got lit up a little in 2018 WS by Red Sox. Probably nothing to see there.

Totally. He just becomes average. But that’s bad when you’re an all timer in the regular season. Plus he has coughed up quite a few games they were winning.

Plus it’s the Bums and they spend twice as much as everyone. Of course people want to point that out.
star wars hate GIF

Live look at @bigbov heading across the border

download.jpeg

Gotta disagree with you on this one. He has been atrocious most of his playoff career, especially relative to his regular season performance. Regular season career ERA: 2.48. Playoff career ERA: 4.5.

8th in 2028 team payroll, 80M less than the Mets.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
8th in 2028 team payroll, 80M less than the Mets.
Definitely a real number and they don’t have an over a billion dollars eventually due.

This is like believing the first number that comes out from a new NFL contract released from the agent that is double the number.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. He has been atrocious most of his playoff career, especially relative to his regular season performance. Regular season career ERA: 2.48. Playoff career ERA: 4.5.
I mean if 13-13 w/ a 4.50 ERA (some of that inflated due to cheating) is atrocious... so be it. He's also 5th all time in post season wins. Glad I live near Cooperstown so I can go when he gets in HOF.

I mean if 13-13 w/ a 4.50 ERA (some of that inflated due to cheating) is atrocious... so be it. He's also 5th all time in post season wins. Glad I live near Cooperstown so I can go when he gets in HOF.
Also 3rd in losses :ROFLMAO:

No one here is disagreeing he isn't an incredibly talented pitcher, but he struggles in the postseason.

He will absolutely be in the HOF

No one here is disagreeing he isn't an incredibly talented pitcher, but he struggles in the postseason.

He is an amazing talent over his career.
The most "this or that" is such a weird stat to cling to though. Of course modern day pitchers have more wins, they play more games.

Should we call that Communist Spin from Comrade @bigbov

Struggles yes... but people act like he is 0-13. I purposely left out losses. :ROFLMAO:
The most "this or that" is such a weird stat to cling to though. Of course modern day pitchers have more wins, they play more games.

It's all I got. So glad we beat the Rays in 2020.

Wins are also a really bad stat in the modern era anyway

At the end of the day - it is factual that Kershaw is much better in the regular season than the postseason

It can also be true that he is one of the best pitchers of this generation

Back