2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

Z-Star is worked really well for me last year. No bad things to say about it. Played the regular and the divide last year and will this year again. If you are considering giving the divides a try do it! Personal preference of course but some may never play anything but a white ball and nothing you can say will change their mind. The alignment aide for putting is obvious but if you have any trouble at all tracking the ball it does help with those optics. I didn’t stay at a holiday inn express last night but my better half is an optometrist and approved that statement.

Z-Star was one of the top-3 balls in my testing, but couldn't get a hold of Diamond at that time. From the descriptions, it could be the one for me. Have to test it at some point!

It's been my understanding that most Srixon Tour Players play the XV except BK who plays the Diamond and Keegan who plays the Z-Star.
If I'm right then the firmness and greenside spin can't be that bad.

I think the XV is a fantastic ball and I'm a slow swing speed player. I am also coming off a season of playing GI clubs where I saw a lot of ball's not stop on the green. Doing some testing this winter with tour CB's and seeing a lot more of what I want on approach. So club and ball combo is important obviously. XV's are good around the green for a urethane covered ball. They're below a ProV1X (everything else is too) but better than most of the urethane market.

Last edited:
Great write up! I love the last iteration of the Z-Star. I have a ton of them in my stock pile, but will want to give the new one a try. Love the price point too!

Diamond seems to be the most tour popular.

We are giving some away right now on Twitter.

Do they plan on putting the Diamond in a Divide? I think the diamond is the best for me but would definitely be interested in the divide.

I was able to get in nine holes today with the Z-Star lineup. Unfortunately, everything I thought I had fixed in my last few range sessions came back, so I'm not going to try to judge how straight each ball was. I started off with the XVs. They were probably the hardest for me to control. They spun less than my initial test and seemed to match Srixon's description better than my first impression. Still not a fan of the sound of them. Next I moved on to the Z-Stars. They were the lowest launching. They had good green side spin. I liked the feel of them the best of the three. I finished up with the Diamonds. They were definitely the highest launching. They seemed to have the most spin on long shots. I hit my 3h on a par three and it stopped on a dime. I liked the feel of them almost as much as the Z-Stars. If I had to pick one of them to play based on performance today, I would pick the Diamonds.

Don't ruin my favorite ball with that divide talk. Lol
I'll stick with the blue/yellow Q Star Tour when I play those!

We are giving some away right now on Twitter.

don't want to miss this one THPers! some of the best balls available!

I played another round with the White Box balls, played the Diamond the whole round this time, and I think this would be my first choice of the three. I'll continue to play them all for a while, but although the Z-Star and the Diamond are really close for me, the Diamond is just a little bit longer, and goes a little bit higher, which for me is a good thing. Spin around the greens is pretty equal, for my game, and feel is similar enough that I don't notice the difference unless I'm hitting or putting them side-by-side.

What’s a comparable ball to the Diamond? Seems kind of unique to me. From all I’m reading here it is probably the one ball in the line I’m most interested in trying.

I have played the XV in the past and currently have the Z-Star in the bag. Thinking it might be time to try the Diamond. Maybe it will be my Goldilocks ball.

What’s a comparable ball to the Diamond? Seems kind of unique to me. From all I’m reading here it is probably the one ball in the line I’m most interested in trying.
Last years model I didn't really find an equal. I'm a really high spin player with my irons and came up short with it several times. It felt great. Wasn't short off tee. I didn't see much difference in wedges around the green. Just full iron shots. I'm a XV guy for that reason.

Worth a try. 79BBB007-A8F7-423C-B21C-5901F1F2F7FB.jpeg

I really liked last year diamond. See what the new ones are.

They felt incredible off the irons but they felt like they lacked just a bit off the tee. Is this what you experienced?

Yeah I'm excited for the 2023 version as well. Next week is the drop.

I want to try some of the new ones, but I still have like 5 dozen of last model 🤯

Yeah I'm excited for the 2023 version as well. Next week is the drop.
I ordered off their site and got them in today.

Back