2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

I feel like the ZStar line continues to refine and improve with each release. Nothing wrong with that, but I get the sense they build on what is working and change what needs to be changed to make the line better. I have always gravitated towards the ZStar XV, but reading up on the changes, the ZStar has my attention.

Nice! Really enjoyed the diamond version this past year, so hoping that the diamond will eventually get the divide treatment.

I kind of went back and forth on them. I’m usually a z-star guy as my gamer. I did like Diamond better than the XV for me.
Yeah I don't get the attraction the XV, thing feels like a rock to me haha

Yeah I don't get the attraction the XV, thing feels like a rock to me haha

yeah just too clicky for me compared to the other two.

The XV has been my go-to for some time, but I have yet to try the Divides. I'm committed to making that happen soon.

The XV has been my go-to for some time, but I have yet to try the Divides. I'm committed to making that happen soon.
They are quite different, but honestly a lot of fun and look great on the course.

The new generation sounds awesome and definitely appreciate the price point staying under $50. Have never tried the Diamond ball so will have to give that a go with this release. When I have played Srixon balls in the past, have stuck with the standard Z Star as the XV always felt too firm for my liking.

I might honest to goodness make the Z divide my gamer this year. I freaking love the look so much.

It’s release season in the golf industry, and so far, this month has been super busy for Srixon Golf. We’ve seen the new ZX MK II Drivers, metalwoods, and irons, to go along with the 13th generation of the SOFT FEEL golf ball. Now it’s time to look at what they have in store for the eighth-generation 2023 Srixon Z-STAR Series.

Continue reading...
When Srixon had their first (I think?) big buy 2 get one sale, I found a vendor who offered them with an additional discount, and it was a steal, still have a few sleeves left - these are old. Have since bought 4 dozen Q star Divides, 1 dozen Z star divides, and 4 dozen or so soft feels (from a memeber!).

Srixon is a great ball, can't wait to try these 2023 balls as well.

Great write up! Srixon offers an amazing ball, particularly for the price. I would love to compare the old XV with the new one, to see if the new offers jus a tad more spin around the greens.

Might need to pick up a few boxes of the Q Star tour

Am I correct that the Diamond is the closest one to ProV1X? I need the highest spin with the highest flight.

Last edited:
Great write up! Srixon offers an amazing ball, particularly for the price. I would love to compare the old XV with the new one, to see if the new offers jus a tad more spin around the greens.
Didn't figure you for a XV guy, what do you like about it?

Didn't figure you for a XV guy, what do you like about it?
That is interesting. I actually have played the XV off and on through the years. I like it because for me, it is the longest ball with driver of any tour level ball that I have played. It can be incredibly long for me. If I am playing well and hitting a lot of greens, it can be a great ball. If I need to get up and down a lot, I miss the spin. Always trade offs with this game, LOL.

Always been a Z Star fan. Doesn't seem like it will change with these new ones! Diamonds for me, but love the XV too

Am I correct that the Diamond is the closest one to ProV1X? I need the highest spin with the highest flight.

Z-STAR
Z-STAR XV
Z-STAR ♦
FeelSofterSoftSoft
DistanceLongLongerLong
FlightMidMid-HighMid-High
Construction3PC Urethane3PC Urethane3PC Urethane
Greenside SpinHighestHighHigher
Mid Iron SpinHighHighHighest
Driver SpinLowLowMid

Sorry the headings didn't copy right. The first column is Z Star, then XV, then Diamond

I really enjoyed the Z Star Diamond last year after @MarMill introduced me to the ball. I will most likely continue to play the Diamond this year. The description of the ball told me not to even hit it but for some reason it just fits my game...currently :)

Looking forward to trying these out. I switched exclusively to the Z-star mid way through the year last year. This ball really worked for me.

Great information @ddec ! I was lucky enough to win a Srixon giveaway and received the 2023 prototype Z-Star line up. I sent golf balls to @pumbaa , @Steve2100 , @MarMill , and @Kruz88 . Hopefully they can hop in here and discuss their thoughts. Srixon’s tour ball has the best finish in golf! I absolutely love it! I personally prefer the Z-Star Divide. I hope they bring that finish to the Q-Star Tour Divide.
Ill try and get some thoughts up when I can get them out in play. As expected from just putting and chipping into a net, the Z is softer than the diamond than the XV. I have played Diamond all last year and expect to again.

I won one of the White box giveaways too, so have had the opportunity to play a few rounds with all three of the new Z-Star variants. For me, the XV just doesn't work, and it's all feel, to clicky off the putter and greenside chipping, and too firm off the other clubs. The Z-Star works really well with my slower swing speed, and the feel is just where I like it. Surprisingly though, the Diamond works really well for me too, with a little better distance than the Z-Star, a very similar feel as the Z-Star on full swings, and putting and chipping it feels as soft as the Z-Star but with a slightly heavier feel that I have gotten used to (and is only really noticeable when practicing with them side-by-side).

I still have plenty of them left, although I gave a half dozen of the XVs to a friend, but I'll be playing with the Z-Stars and Diamonds for a while yet. I am leaning towards the Diamond for when I use a Tour ball this year though (my normal ball is the Q-Star Tour, and I'm well stocked on those).

I won one of the White box giveaways too, so have had the opportunity to play a few rounds with all three of the new Z-Star variants. For me, the XV just doesn't work, and it's all feel, to clicky off the putter and greenside chipping, and too firm off the other clubs. The Z-Star works really well with my slower swing speed, and the feel is just where I like it. Surprisingly though, the Diamond works really well for me too, with a little better distance than the Z-Star, a very similar feel as the Z-Star on full swings, and putting and chipping it feels as soft as the Z-Star but with a slightly heavier feel that I have gotten used to (and is only really noticeable when practicing with them side-by-side).

I still have plenty of them left, although I gave a half dozen of the XVs to a friend, but I'll be playing with the Z-Stars and Diamonds for a while yet. I am leaning towards the Diamond for when I use a Tour ball this year though (my normal ball is the Q-Star Tour, and I'm well stocked on those).
You aren't alone... my experience with the Z-Star and Diamond are almost identical. The Z-star kind of got the nod due to the divide being available. The XV just feels a bit too firm.

I've become very comfortable with Srixon balls this past year, up and down the lineup. Soft Feels are great for cold or wet conditions, Q Star Tour seems to be the best overall value ball I can find.

My Secret Santa gifted me some Diamonds so really looking forward to trying those out when it gets nicer, seems like they will be the best fit for my game. I also picked up some Z-Stars, so depending on the performance I see I may graduate to a tour ball at some point when the occasion calls for it.

Will definitely be giving these a try, love the Z star and the divides are fun, played those a few time last season. It is great putting with the divides as well.

A well written article by @ddec, the smartest man on the forum.

Always happy when my golf ball gets an update. The still managed to keep the prices down. Yes they went up but it’s $7 cheaper than the ProV

Back