2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

A well written article by @ddec, the smartest man on the forum.

Always happy when my golf ball gets an update. The still managed to keep the prices down. Yes they went up but it’s $7 cheaper than the ProV

smartest, no. Best looking. Perhaps.

didn't know there was sooo much hate on the XVs lol I like em!

I’ve got no hate for them. They’ve always produced good numbers for me. I just prefer the feel of the Z-Star, esp as I get closer to and on the green.

Good write up @ddec. Loved the XV last year and will be giving it a go again this year.

That is interesting. I actually have played the XV off and on through the years. I like it because for me, it is the longest ball with driver of any tour level ball that I have played. It can be incredibly long for me. If I am playing well and hitting a lot of greens, it can be a great ball. If I need to get up and down a lot, I miss the spin. Always trade offs with this game, LOL.
This is my experience exactly. It’s long, but agree it’s just a mediocre short game ball.

smartest, no. Best looking. Perhaps.
You’ve got many leather bound books. We’ve been over this before. Best looking…. Well 😏. I can’t speak much of it. Only met three staff members and a few THPers.

I'm a Srixon fan who loves Srixon irons. I have played both the ZStar and XV over the years, starting with the XV and then moving the Star. I liked the divide version The diamond made a brief appearance as my go-to ball but was kicked out by another. Happy to see a new release. I am not sure whether I will give these a try this year or not. Maybe.

Cool. Interested in giving the Divide a go.

It's been my understanding that most Srixon Tour Players play the XV except BK who plays the Diamond and Keegan who plays the Z-Star.
If I'm right then the firmness and greenside spin can't be that bad.

Last edited:
I’ve got no hate for them. They’ve always produced good numbers for me. I just prefer the feel of the Z-Star, esp as I get closer to and on the green.
things to ponder when I try this year!

It's all been my understanding that most Srixon Tour Players play the XV except BK who plays the Diamond and Keegan who plays the Z-Star.
I've enjoyed the feel off putter and click on short wedges. I think the stopping pwr is perfect.

Srixon star XV are awesome. I was bummed with the secret about how good they are got out and the price shot up lol.

I may pick up the Z Star in the Divide to play around with.

Embarrassed to say I haven't tried the Diamond or a Divide model; just didn't buy many balls last year. Still have a decent stock of other brands since not playing that often (and honestly not losing too many :oops: ), but will be looking to give these a try in 2023. Have always enjoyed Srixon balls, with all lines performing nicely although differentiated for sure. The Diamond in particular seems like a good fit

Glad to see the divide continue

@ddec is there plans for additional colors for the zstar divide?

It's all been my understanding that most Srixon Tour Players play the XV except BK who plays the Diamond and Keegan who plays the Z-Star.
I think that the XV is just too firm for my slower swing speed, and it's really more of a feel preference thing, not a big performance difference. It's not a bad ball, I never meant to imply that at all, just that the other two are much better fits for me, especially when it comes to feel on and around the greens.

When I mention that the XV is a little low spin around the greens, keep in mind that I live at altitude (almost 5000 feet). All balls spin a bit less there. At sea level, I would have no problem playing the XV.

Might have to try the Diamond this year. Also cool to see Divide continue; it's fun.

Sri on Z Star line always preform as good as anything. I have played Z Star and XV aim the past. Definitely going to give the Diamond a shot to earn my gamer ball this year.

It's been my understanding that most Srixon Tour Players play the XV
I was told quite recently that's not the case. That the diamond is getting a lot of play.

I'm excited these are finally out. The Diamond suits me really well in some ways and with everyone kind of stealing Srixon's gradient core stuff lately it's nice to see them continuing to improve on that.

Last edited:
I plan on this being my golf ball this season ahead. I will be able to find them locally and the covers last. Not sure I’ll play Divide again.

Great write up. I hate to admit I've never really looked too much into the Srixon balls and hadn't really understood the differences between the models before now. Seems like a solid lineup.

Back