2023 Odyssey Versa Putters

Don't drop that cap too much in the next two months. I heard how well this worked for you lol
LOL. i'm just going to go be me. If it drops, it drops. I want to be at my best rolling into the Grandaddy. This at least gives me one Callaway product in addition to CSX golf ball in my bag.

Plus I'm excited to remove a variable. was green reading or alignment my primary issue of not making more putts? This should give me the confidence to trust my alignment.

unfortunately my course is closed for overseed. otherwise I'd be on the practice green putting away.
How long will the course be closed? I’d be off the walls excited.

How long will the course be closed? I’d be off the walls excited.
Typically 2 weeks. All the courses here go through it this time of year. they stagger the shutdowns so I can still play. but i would have to cross town in rush hour to get there.....thus not tonight. But TOMORROW I roll!

Fire Elmo GIF

Thanks to THP knowledge (right hand, left eye) and the fitting chops of @xThor, I spent some quality time with a Versa 12 CS. Things went so well that I ordered on of these as soon as I got home from the trip.

build: 34", 1 flat, SuperStroke Tour XL 2.0.
you putted so well with that thing! 🔥 hopefully the new ones treats you even better!

So, I walked in to PGA SS the other day to look at another putter. Saw the 12 on display and thought that the alignment stripe looked really cheap. HOWEVER, then I tried it out. I have never putted like that in my life, and I'm a good putter. Did you ever do the wheel drill, where you drop 6 balls in a circle around the hole and hole them each in succession? At 6 ft. I holed every one, and I was hardly trying. Even allowing that I am a cynic who believes the putting surface at the store is meant to funnel balls into the hole, it was just amazing. I tried a couple of other putters, but nothing could touch this. Gave myself a day to think about, it but ordered one, and it comes tomorrow. I can't wait!

So, I walked in to PGA SS the other day to look at another putter. Saw the 12 on display and thought that the alignment stripe looked really cheap. HOWEVER, then I tried it out. I have never putted like that in my life, and I'm a good putter. Did you ever do the wheel drill, where you drop 6 balls in a circle around the hole and hole them each in succession? At 6 ft. I holed every one, and I was hardly trying. Even allowing that I am a cynic who believes the putting surface at the store is meant to funnel balls into the hole, it was just amazing. I tried a couple of other putters, but nothing could touch this. Gave myself a day to think about, it but ordered one, and it comes tomorrow. I can't wait!
Nice. I am always cautious when I start rolling in putts at the store as well. I tried a lot of different putters and different models from the Versa line and no other putter could get the ball started on line consistently for me as the Versa #1.

Has anyone lengthened one of these and added a Super Stroke grip? Mine came today, and I love it but I would definitely like to make those changes.
I went right to the putting green, which, unfortunately has just been aerated, and it's as amazing as it was in the store. Short putts are almost automatic.
Thus, I'm a bit scared of changing anything, but I'm pretty tall and would be more comfortable with my normal 37" putter.
Any insight would be appreciated.

you putted so well with that thing! 🔥 hopefully the new ones treats you even better!
Unfortunately work keeps making me stay late. I’m yet to get it in a proper putting green.

Awesome!

Has anyone lengthened one of these and added a Super Stroke grip? Mine came today, and I love it but I would definitely like to make those changes.
I went right to the putting green, which, unfortunately has just been aerated, and it's as amazing as it was in the store. Short putts are almost automatic.
Thus, I'm a bit scared of changing anything, but I'm pretty tall and would be more comfortable with my normal 37" putter.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Are you able to return it? You can order them at 37.

You're right, Jeff. That's what I had to do. Reordered at 37", and was able to get the Super Stroke grip I wanted, and requested lie angle adjusted to make sure it sits "square".

I’m thinking about what we might possibly see on the putter front from Odyssey and I don’t know what else I want from a putter. I’m putting as well as I have in a long time in large to this putter.

6 month update – Odyssey Versa Twelve – Center Shaft

View attachment 9206052

After six months of using the Odyssey Twelve in center shaft, I wanted to give my thoughts on this putter. I will try to be concise, but there is really a lot I want to touch on.

I have played Odyssey putters for many years at this point, but with my Lunatic Fringe tendencies, I have also dabbled outside of Odyssey but always came back quickly. Most recently, prior to the Odyssey Versa Twelve I played the Odyssey TEN with micro hinge face and loved it. I bought the ELEVEN and used it for a period but went back to the TEN. I honestly didn’t think I would ever move away from the TEN because I loved it so much. I still do. However, along came the Greatest Amateur Golf Event – The Grandaddy and I was blessed to have the opportunity to get fit for a new putter (and much more :) - Thank you THP, Callaway, @JB and @GolferGal ). With this came a fitting by the best in the business and an introduction to a game changer for me and it happened to be center shafted.

Alignment

I have struggled with putting alignment for basically my adult life. Partially my vision sucks and when I got contacts, that helped a lot. Along with a game changing video I saw, a lesson and the Versa Twelve things have been great. I find the alignment very easy with the Twelve and the mix of large white stripe and small black line really gets the line I am after. I really like the contrast. It pops on the greens, even in bright sun light. It is just so easy.

Center Shaft

In no way had I ever considered a center shafted putter. It was only because I had time before being fit that I was rolling many different putters and found myself not wanting to move on from the CS TWELVE. It just kept going in the hole in the studio and I figured ‘why not’? I went with it and am SO glad I did. I get it that Center Shaft isn’t for everyone, but I also thought the same thing until I gave it a chance. For me, I find the angles just line up perfect to my eye and it just seems natural now. I am a big fan of the CS putter now.

Fitting

This may be the most important part of this entire write up. The fitting. I had never been fit for a putter before this. Amazing, the club we use every hole and the most in a round and not have been fit. This just doesn’t make sense. I would highly recommend getting fit for putter, just like all our other clubs. Turns out that the fitting gave me a fit of 32 ½” length, 69 degree lie, 3 degrees of loft. It really does make a difference being fit. Consistency goes through the roof. Moreover, it can also uncover path, strike, roll, etc that you might not otherwise understand. I found that I had slight side spin and the fitter explained it was based on path – therefore he gave me a small tip to have my takeaway slightly more ‘outward’. It is something I think about on every putt now and this has helped a lot.

Overall

For me, the VERSA TWELVE is summed up in three words – Solid, Balance and Stability. In my opinion, putter feel is in the swing and impact. With the swing, I feel like the face just stays in line with my desired direction/line. It is very balanced and the face just wants to stay square. This gives me so much confidence. With respect to stability, the balance enhances the square strike of the ball and feels rock solid. The ball is rolling forward immediately. I think it is not just one thing, but rather a combination of things that provide the overall feel. Moving from the micro hinge face on the TEN that I liked so much, there definitely was a ‘getting used to’ period with distance control. Once I moved past this and really started understanding this putter, it has been amazing. I love this putter. The numbers of 2 and 3 putts have drastically declined and my confidence putting has never been higher. I no longer fear the 2-3ft putt, I welcome it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully it gives a decent picture of what the Odyssey VERSA Twelve is to me and how it has impacted my game. Cheers and thanks to my 2022 Grandaddy teammates for everything. @Hibs @Tevenor @PackersGirl @captaincaution @mancest @Saywhat4412 @drp3434 @PKorf @Doubleb21 @fuffle master @goalie @Kodi'aK

View attachment 9206053View attachment 9206054View attachment 9206055View attachment 9206056
View attachment 9206057View attachment 9206058

More rounds completed since my last post on the Amazing Versa TWELVE CS. After about 7 months now, I am fully onboard with the white hot insert and the TWELVE. I really liked (and still do) the micro hinge face, but the TWELVE just has become so confidence inspiring and reliable. Alignment with this putter (Paired with Tru Track) has made putting a strength for me. This has never really been the case for me. This putter just works for me. Rarely see the 3 putt creep in anymore and anything 10ft in, I really feel like I have a chance. That has never happened before.
I know I keep saying it, but give the center shaft a try if you have never tried it. You may find what I did. Couldn't be happier with this putter.

Grabbed a 12 while getting some club work done kinda on a whim. I’m glad I did. Something in the alignment just seemed to work. At first I thought I was maybe just rolling it well but when I grabbed a few others it was the putter. I wasn’t really looking for a putter but am thinking I need to find time to get to the local store that has a real green to test on.

Grabbed a 12 while getting some club work done kinda on a whim. I’m glad I did. Something in the alignment just seemed to work. At first I thought I was maybe just rolling it well but when I grabbed a few others it was the putter. I wasn’t really looking for a putter but am thinking I need to find time to get to the local store that has a real green to test on.
The alignment is a game changer for me. Definitely recommend it rolling as many models as you can because you never know what you’ll like best

The alignment is a game changer for me. Definitely recommend it rolling as many models as you can because you never know what you’ll like best
It’s was a little head turning to be sure. Still don’t love the feel of the insert but I’m sure that would quickly change if putts start dropping. Definitely saw enough that I want to go try some more

It’s was a little head turning to be sure. Still don’t love the feel of the insert but I’m sure that would quickly change if putts start dropping. Definitely saw enough that I want to go try some more
It took me a while to get used to the insert. The results don’t lie, but not my favorite feeling insert ever.

Rolled a bunch of putters tonight. The DW had moments but would square for me sometimes. The 7 DB was nice but if I do that I might as well wait for the AI, plus it seemed to want to sit open for me. But the Twelve, there is just something to it. I’m officially intrigued with that alignment.

Still loving my Versa #1. Easy to line up. Really consistent with distance.

Still loving my Versa #1. Easy to line up. Really consistent with distance.
Of everyone that is being fit next week, your fitting with the putter is one I am stoked to see. Having followed your process the last few months with the Versa #1, I would be SHOCKED to see anything kick it from the bag. But......

Of everyone that is being fit next week, your fitting with the putter is one I am stoked to see. Having followed your process the last few months with the Versa #1, I would be SHOCKED to see anything kick it from the bag. But......
I rolled the 2 T CH Milled really well. the fitting is going to be interesting.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the Versa paint scheme in most of their offerings. I've tried them multiple times and had middling luck at best. During my putter fitting though I was able to roll the Versa 12 and became fairly smitten. Got one ordered and it's been in the bag ever since. I just got back from a trip to FL where we played 4 times and I was able to manage some greens that were definitely different than what I'm used to here. The alignment aid on the 12 just gives me so much confidence at setup. I always feel like I'm starting the ball on the right line (or at least what I think it is), and the confidence that's inspired has been a big help for me. I had more one putts on that trip than I think I've had all season. Putted one in off the fringe and dropped the longest putt I can remember in quite a while. There were a few three putts, but I'm not super upset about them as I'm still working on a new putting setup overall. And almost all of my big-ish misses were speed based, which is on me. I've got an eye on an AI putter for next season but so far the 12 has found a solid spot in my bag. Anything I do consider will have it's work cut out.

I am not a fan of the Versa paint scheme in most of their offerings. I've tried them multiple times and had middling luck at best. During my putter fitting though I was able to roll the Versa 12 and became fairly smitten. Got one ordered and it's been in the bag ever since. I just got back from a trip to FL where we played 4 times and I was able to manage some greens that were definitely different than what I'm used to here. The alignment aid on the 12 just gives me so much confidence at setup. I always feel like I'm starting the ball on the right line (or at least what I think it is), and the confidence that's inspired has been a big help for me. I had more one putts on that trip than I think I've had all season. Putted one in off the fringe and dropped the longest putt I can remember in quite a while. There were a few three putts, but I'm not super upset about them as I'm still working on a new putting setup overall. And almost all of my big-ish misses were speed based, which is on me. I've got an eye on an AI putter for next season but so far the 12 has found a solid spot in my bag. Anything I do consider will have it's work cut out.
The Versa alignment has helped me a ton. It helps me keep the putter square at address and I've made more putts with it, especially from 10 feet and in.

that;s great to hear. I love my CS 12. I find that alignment, while opposite to the rest of the Versa line, really helped me as well.

Back