2023 Anthony Kim Rumor Mill….

12 years away. The first few rounds back after about a year. Willy z was shooting in the 80s. 🤷‍♂️
12 years away from competitive golf, you mean?

I was invested for a much more impressive story than that.

12 years away from competitive golf, you mean?

I was invested for a much more impressive story than that.
Yeah. 12 years away from competitive golf. He actually did better than I was expecting.

What story was that?

Yeah. 12 years away from competitive golf. He actually did better than I was expecting.

What story was that?
That he shows up and competes.

This feels like more of a sideshow. I just weirdly assumed he was currently in stud status.

This feels like more of a sideshow. I just weirdly assumed he was currently in stud status.
He is. Just not golf stud.

He's not in stud status because he can compete. He's in stud status because people tuned in just to watch him.

I would have loved to see him do well, he still might this season, but I was under no notion that he was on LIV because he had a chance to win.

He's not in stud status because he can compete. He's in stud status because people tuned in just to watch him.

I would have loved to see him do well, he still might this season, but I was under no notion that he was on LIV because he had a chance to win.
I think 'he could win' would have been far more entertaining haha

It is a sideshow. At least at the moment. But, for their league it pulled in some views at an event that would otherwise have abysmal ratings because of location and airtime. So, well done LIV. But expecting him to be competitive is kinda silly at this point.

I think 'he could win' would have been far more entertaining haha
I won't argue. For the sake of LIV, AK needed to either DFL and be a story or win and be a story. If he would have finished middle of the pack, it's not as interesting.

I won't argue. For the sake of LIV, AK needed to either DFL and be a story or win and be a story. If he would have finished middle of the pack, it's not as interesting.
I disagree. If he has middled that would have been amazing.

I disagree. If he has middled that would have been amazing.
Maybe. But finishing last helps build a story going into the next LIV tournament.

The best post yet

The best post yet

Makes you wonder what AK would have shot considering he finished last and 11 strokes worse than the next guy in his event.

Didnt miss the cut...
The Goldbergs What GIF by ABC Network

The best post yet

Not the flex he thinks it is.

AK in that regard played worse than a lot of guys who got cut and played terrible tournaments. I'm failing to see the kicked ass part. Not to say it wasn't on par with what a lot of people expected.

It's either "AK is back and he's coming in to kick in the door again", or "he's a side show and we don't care if he plays well".

It can't really be both unfortunately. REALLY hoping he plays well in the next one. I just don't think in todays day and age, with how fast things move with the internet and everything, that he has a long time to get it back together before the majority lose interest. Does he need to be winning? No, I think being any what competitive is all it will take. But he can't keep doing this...so hopefully we see a better tournament next time from him.

Not the flex he thinks it is.

AK in that regard played worse than a lot of guys who got cut and played terrible tournaments. I'm failing to see the kicked ass part. Not to say it wasn't on par with what a lot of people expected.

It's either "AK is back and he's coming in to kick in the door again", or "he's a side show and we don't care if he plays well".

It can't really be both unfortunately. REALLY hoping he plays well in the next one. I just don't think in todays day and age, with how fast things move with the internet and everything, that he has a long time to get it back together before the majority lose interest. Does he need to be winning? No, I think being any what competitive is all it will take. But he can't keep doing this...so hopefully we see a better tournament next time from him.
it is a comparison and not an absolute. the kicked ass part is the joke, but it still rings true for me that golf is hard no matter where you apply your professional trade to. AK is going to get crap no matter what he does. He plays poorly and the narrative is he's "washed up" "LIV is a joke" "Thank god for no cut events" etc.... He plays well and it's "LIV is no cut" "the talent is watered down to let a 12 yr layoff guy play better than them" etc...

my whole point in all of this is that the AK story has a several chapters and we are just on page 4 of the first one. It's obvious that AK overcame some personal issues to even get to this point and if this thing is a whole bust, I got to see him play one more time and hopefully we get some insight into his journey and what took him away from the professional game for so long.

Looking at where a came back. On a course where he could spray the ball around.
If he came back at Myakoba scores would have been very different with the errant shots.

Getting more reps in. This is a good thing for him

Back