2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like an absolutely incredible experience... and the golf hasn't even started yet!

...TO THE DEATH.

Yeah, So i'm super jealous. That looked like a blast, pictures are good. I'm shocked a few of you aren't breaking out for other.

Side note, this got my boss to laugh about getting fired.

eza2eqer.jpg

Bridgestone swag.

Awesome gear man.

How cool is that?

I can sell million dollar accounts with no issues. I can multi-task with the best of them. But to be in the range with some many stellar people and my sponsor, the pressure is different then any I have ever felt. You can't prepare for the feeling, you just have to go with it and ride the wave.

The gravity of the last year is here and it's an incredible feeling. I am so glad I get to share this with all of you. This may be us in the range but we are representing THP and you guys all rock!

You rock Freddie!

Significantly cooler than last year.

Very happy about that

Just root for Jake Nation/Team Paradise. That way you can support the winning team!
. Nice!

Alright, time to pick a horse - go Team Paradise!
Awesome! Thanks for your support.

Today was unbelievable. Everyone did an incredible job and it was really cool interacting with our sponsor reps. Seeing all of the bags and equipment together was a really cool sight. The bond between golfers is unlike any other event I've ever been at.

Dan you spelled favorite wrong :p

What a great day today. As usual I cannot talk on camera. Say B330RX really quick. Weather was outstanding and far better than last year. Just gives me a great sense of pride when you look out on the range and see everyone striping balls. All 32 players worked their tails off to get their games in shape for this weekend and it showed.

Thoughts on what I saw. Canadan is ridiculous and hits everything a ton. Nate cheats at a closest to the pin challenge. War Eagle hits a 5W further than a 3W. He's also boringly consistent. DHill's game is in a different stratosphere from what it was only 6 months ago. Canadan should not be at a range with unlimited balls. I think he is still there hitting everyones clubs. Kelly only hits punch shots no matter the distance. Tyno can hit a draw. MikeDean and I both dislike Tour shafts. Canadan of course loves Tour shafts.

Josh and Morgan thank you both for everything you have done. It is a complete honor to be involved in this incredible event. You both have given so much of your time so that hacks like me can live the high life for a weekend of greatness. Difficult to express what I feel and owe the both of you in a mere post. Thank you to the volunteers as well. Standing around at that range today was not easy and the work you will be doing this weekend makes the Morgan Cup coverage possible. Thanks for the tour reps for making the trek as well. As usual, Josh from Bridgestone looked spectacular!

Can't wait to put the pegs in the ground and have some fun tomorrow. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to shake the winners hands and drink a beer or 30 in your honor. Morgan Cup time people!!

I'm a huge fan of the Puma gear today. Love that color green

Getting a little rest after Media day. I didn't think it was possible to top last year but today was special. Some fun stuff coming from Cobra Puma including golfer confessionals and some funny faas Friday shots. What a great group of guys and the volunteers were amazing.

It hasn't been announced. GG and JB need a chance to edit the promos first.
edit? You mean they weren't all perfect takes the first time around..ha ha. We won't the uncut versions :)

Thanks for the reply though, that makes sense.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374865479.668336.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374865519.666747.jpg

Castor Hades,

Excellent pictures, thanks for posting and looking forward to more of your work.

Everyone,

Great job on media day. Continue to enjoy yourselves and drink plenty of water.

Playing a round with hashtag chad. Dude has some game. Has icejacked two groups 310+ out, and just earned an xbomb patch at 342

Albatross flopping session

zusydenu.jpg

For some reason, out of all the stuff about hashtag chad that I have seen, I got the impression that the guy had absolutely no game.

Must be that I equated that hairdo of his with spending too much time in front of the mirror, which led me to not enough time for golf.....

I don't know why I thought that, but for some reason I did.

No he's pretty legit. The hair has aerodynamic abilities

This a first class event all the way. I am very impressed. Love the pics. I will be following all weekend.

I apologize if this info is somewhere else on THP, but what is the tournament format? I think I read somewhere it was similar to the Ryder Cup.
Do player handicaps figure in the final scoring?

Media day was pretty cool today. Got to do my Bridgestone promo interviews with mward at the mic. He's a cool cat. Then it was "hit everybody's equipment time" at the range. Some highlights:

hashtagchad brought the new calaway optiforce driver and that thing is beastly.
Canadan is my friend.
War Eagle is my new best friend.
I am seriously thinking about getting an Amp Cell driver.
Mikedean's Aerotechs in his j40 DPCs are silky smooth.
Looking at some pre release Bridgestone goodness was awesome!
Josh, from Bridgestone, was an awesome guy to talk to. Bridgestone is such a cool company and to hear him talk about some of the inner workings was so cool.

Overall, it was such a cool experience and it really set the stage for the weekend. I am ready to hit the course tomorrow and put some points on the board for Team Paradise!

Pretty spectacular event to follow.

This a first class event all the way. I am very impressed. Love the pics. I will be following all weekend.

I apologize if this info is somewhere else on THP, but what is the tournament format? I think I read somewhere it was similar to the Ryder Cup.
Do player handicaps figure in the final scoring?

Handicaps do not figure in. Two man scramble tomorrow morning at True Blue. Alt. shot at Caledonia in the afternoon and singles back at True Blue on Sunday.

I didn't have a rooting interest up until now... Team HACKERS for the win.

Mainly due to the fact that I joined this website due to Cookie's hole of the day videos. So, my vote is for him and his team.

I wish I knew how to get Cobra Puma's Instagram pics over to the forum. Some very cool faas Friday pics just showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back