2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think every staffer should be orange on Sunday hehehe

I support this and would do so proudly if given the opportunity.

The Puma apparel is top notch, will be adding some more to my closet this week.

Cobra is going to absolutely rock this in 2013, I have ZERO doubt! Whomever the selected staffers are, they are going to be very lucky and have outstanding gear & apparel.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

We had this discussion the other day while playing at Orange county national. Based on the the fact that Orange is the main color in the 2012 line we were thinking for the greatest exposure it would be best on Media Day. Just four of us thinking out loud so just our thoughts.
I support this and would do so proudly if given the opportunity.

The Puma apparel is top notch, will be adding some more to my closet this week.

Cobra is going to absolutely rock this in 2013, I have ZERO doubt! Whomever the selected staffers are, they are going to be very lucky and have outstanding gear & apparel.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

We had this discussion the other day while playing at Orange county national. Based on the the fact that Orange is the main color in the 2012 line we were thinking for the greatest exposure it would be best on Media Day. Just four of us thinking out loud so just our thoughts.
My other though was that Orange would be quite limited, as that is Fowlers big thing. I kind of think the Cobra/Puma may be looking to highlight some of their other designs/fashion, with only a bit of the Orange. Just my .02

It's definitely going to be a bit flashy and cater to a younger crowd, but should be pretty good.

It's definitely going to be a bit flashy and cater to a younger crowd, but should be pretty good.

I hope to see Frank in a flat brim!

I tend to agree, they have some many different styles under their name. From their headwear to their steps, a player can look really good.
My other though was that Orange would be quite limited, as that is Fowlers big thing. I kind of think the Cobra/Puma may be looking to highlight some of their other designs/fashion, with only a bit of the Orange. Just my .02

I hope to see Frank in a flat brim!

I think a flat brim should be required for one day and I would love to rock one, even though I would probably look silly. I may even grow a stache if selected to do it.

Honestly though, the Amp has got my tee game back on track. The combo kicked the G20 and Anser out of the bag. Just a terrific feeling club. I would have to have an entire bag full of the stuff.

Cobra/Puma rep was golfing at our course today. Amp Forged look amazing. He had black/orange NDMC's on all his clubs. Looked amazing, loud, but amazing.

I got a chance to swing some J40 clubs on Saturday morning in DM, holy cow they make some excellent clubs, can't wait to see what they have in store for 2013 MCers!!!

I got a chance to swing some J40 clubs on Saturday morning in DM, holy cow they make some excellent clubs, can't wait to see what they have in store for 2013 MCers!!!

they really do offer a great line of clubs. I'm glad to see them back in the fold.

I love the DPC's, some of the best irons I have hit. Pair that with a ball that fits you perfectly and you've got some low scores coming your way.

I love the DPC's, some of the best irons I have hit. Pair that with a ball that fits you perfectly and you've got some low scores coming your way.

Dude, I would love to see you gaming some Bridgestone gear next year - I think you would do some serious damage with it.

I actually got reminded this weekend of just how much I love my Bridgestone gear. Playing a course that demanded the use of a bunch of hybrids/wedges and mine excelled for me this weekend. Hit a few memorable shots.

2012 was a heck of a journey with Bridgestone as my sponsor and I am really excited for the 8 guys that get to experience that this next year, truly something special to go through!

Sweeet!

just catching up on some threads, very excited to see Bridgestone back for another year. They really brought it at 2.0!

Dude, I would love to see you gaming some Bridgestone gear next year - I think you would do some serious damage with it.

I actually got reminded this weekend of just how much I love my Bridgestone gear. Playing a course that demanded the use of a bunch of hybrids/wedges and mine excelled for me this weekend. Hit a few memorable shots.

2012 was a heck of a journey with Bridgestone as my sponsor and I am really excited for the 8 guys that get to experience that this next year, truly something special to go through!

I've hit the J40 DPC's before and they felt great.
Lately I've been gaming the Titlelist 710 CB's I wouldn't be surprised that Tmex's Cb's would be a great club as well to hit.
I didn't hear any complaints what so ever from any of the Bridgestone staffers.

I spent more time with Cobra gear on the range at the Des Moines Tour Van stop than anything else there and I'm here to tell you....this gear is legit. The AMP Forged irons are great looking irons and I would have no problems throwing them in the bag in a second. The AMP driver and FW do not disappoint either. I hit all of this stuff back in May at the THP Demo Day but it wasn't until this news dropped that I really became as interested. Cobra/Puma players are going to be armed with some great gear for the 2013 Morgan Cup!

I spent more time with Cobra gear on the range at the Des Moines Tour Van stop than anything else there and I'm here to tell you....this gear is legit. The AMP Forged irons are great looking irons and I would have no problems throwing them in the bag in a second. The AMP driver and FW do not disappoint either. I hit all of this stuff back in May at the THP Demo Day but it wasn't until this news dropped that I really became as interested. Cobra/Puma players are going to be armed with some great gear for the 2013 Morgan Cup!
did you hit the new shovels? I actually loved them.

I want to see these AMP Forged in person. They look like they would appeal to me. How was the distance on them?

did you hit the new shovels? I actually loved them.
They couldn't have been more different than my J40 CBs or any other iron that I tend to gravitate towards, but yeah they weren't too shabby at all.

I want to see these AMP Forged in person. They look like they would appeal to me. How was the distance on them?
Distance seemed pretty good, right around what I see with my CBs, I don't know the yardages of the targets we had but I'd assume that the one flag I kept on peppering with the 8 iron was around 150. It felt like they just had a little more pop in them than say like the CBs or other forged "blades".

Pretty similar to what I saw in the Razr X Forged. I saw a touch lower ball flight with the AMP Forged/KBS Tour S+ over the X Forged/Flighted 6.0 when I hit them a few months ago. I loved the AMP Forged.

I really hope they closer to a true blade style or players type iron for 2013. I know they they have the S3 Pro's, which i think is a great looking iron, but I also feel maybe a little dated compared to some of the other offerings they have. The Amp Forged was my third favorite iron at the Outing behind the CMB and J40 CB, just a little thick on the top line. I would love to see them release the RF Proto to the public, that iron could very easily find its way into my bag. And fashion wise, I personaly hope they don't do orange. Everyone already knows Puma for the Orange, I hope they showcase some of the other colors, their greens, purples, reds, blues, and yellows are some great colors. And they have some great patterns in their shirts and pants...

The AMP Forged are the main irons I want to hit this weekend. I am going to try to rebuild my bag this fall and get properly fitted for everything, and include the 2013 Morgan Cup companies clubs in doing so.

Saw the '13 catalog today. Looking forward to the 2013 MC just that much more.

I agree w/ Cookie, you would be a great fit for Bridgestone.

I sent a quick note to Bridgestone on Facebook and got the following response:

bridgestonegolf Thanks, Erik! We are thrilled to be back. Looking forward to another great year.

These guys really understand the event and will likely try to raise the bar they set last year. I really am thrilled to have them back in the mix.

Man, I wish I could get my Bstone on. They rocked last year's Morgan Cup and they'll do it again for not only 8 staffers, but for the whole forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back