2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Listening to Bubba right now on GC...he has complained about a couple holes, including that monster 670 yard par 5. He said he couldn't reach that hole in 2, and he apparently played Driver-Driver off of the deck in his practice round today and still had 60 yards to the hole.

Listening to Bubba right now on GC...he has complained about a couple holes, including that monster 670 yard par 5. He said he couldn't reach that hole in 2, and he apparently played Driver-Driver off of the deck in his practice round today and still had 60 yards to the hole.

That's a monster of a hole. I'd love to just look down the fairway and see how long that looked.

Wow just saw this, just in time at that! My entry is in. Thanks THP for another great contest!

I might be totally wrong but I see Bubba failing hard this week. Can't say that disappoints me either.

He must've been hitting into a stiff wind...

I might be totally wrong but I see Bubba failing hard this week. Can't say that disappoints me either.

I do as well. The way he was talking about the course, as it was said on the GC, he was setting himself up for excuses and negative energy. I don't think Bubba quite gets it: it's the US OPEN. It's supposed to be the most difficult tournament of the year. You're supposed to take what the course gives you and adapt. Looks like he's going to try an overpower this course (he said he was going to hit at least 9 tee shots with his driver) and I think it backfires with tight, running fairways, and deep rough.

Reactions: SW

Well, darn. There's no rule that says that all Par-5's have to be reachable in 2 for Bubba or anyone else. It sounds like they've achieved that goal.

No eagles for you!

Ken

Great stuff once again THP! Love the major contests! Good luck to everyone! Will be getting my entry in....have to tweet Donald first to see how he's feeling this week.

I do as well. The way he was talking about the course, as it was said on the GC, he was setting himself up for excuses and negative energy. I don't think Bubba quite gets it: it's the US OPEN. It's supposed to be the most difficult tournament of the year. You're supposed to take what the course gives you and adapt. Looks like he's going to try an overpower this course (he said he was going to hit at least 9 tee shots with his driver) and I think it backfires with tight, running fairways, and deep rough.

The more he talks, the more I dislike him.

It is sort of refreshing to hear as the guy just speaks his mind. There is no robot in his answers unlike many of them out there.

I'm with you Nate. I've seen or heard nothing that puts him in the "obnoxious" column yet. I had no problem with him taking a month off to be with their newly adopted baby nor do I have a problem with his interview style. He's just calling them as he sees them and not fluffing it up with a bunch of flowery pontificating.

Rory time...

I'm with you Nate. I've seen or heard nothing that puts him in the "obnoxious" column yet. I had no problem with him taking a month off to be with their newly adopted baby nor do I have a problem with his interview style. He's just calling them as he sees them and not fluffing it up with a bunch of flowery pontificating.

While I agree with you here, I do think that his negative comments about the course will come back to bite him during the tourney. I mean, calling a couple holes tough is one thing, but seemingly complaining about them is a whole other story. I don't find him to be obnoxious...however I do think that he shoots himself in the foot mentally at times.

Sorry... Yes, press conference not interview.

Perhaps on the negativity and shooting himself in the foot unless he's just playing a little possum...

I'm excited. I got the house to myself this weekend. The 24 Hours of LeMans is on, and the US Open. Looks like I'm gonna have to get my stretchy pants on and be a couch potato!
I wish I had the house to myself for a weekend like this, I will be helping some friend out with a podcast for the 24hr, but I cant get coverage of the open. Hopefully I can find somewhere on the net with highlights at least.

While I agree with you here, I do think that his negative comments about the course will come back to bite him during the tourney. I mean, calling a couple holes tough is one thing, but seemingly complaining about them is a whole other story. I don't find him to be obnoxious...however I do think that he shoots himself in the foot mentally at times.
He's pissed. His Bubba long is going to be a non-factor on some of these holes because he has to lay up now. He doesn't like it and he's answering the questions that were presented to him. I respect that. He's not sugar coating the answer. Besides, what would an open be if players were not complaining......LOL! Wait till after day 1 and 2 and they get quotes from the players that shoot 80 and miss the cut. They always let the USGA have it! Greatness!

This is such a cool contest! Good Luck everyone!

My entry is in! I'm pretty pumped about this contest. I love the Major Championships and these always add more fun to watching the tourny! Good luck everyone.

Great contest! Thanks THP

Well, I sent my entry in so I don't forget. Good luck everyone.

Thank you for another great contest!

Sweet! Im in. Good luck!

Back